Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Thread.
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e RPG Review Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e RPG Review
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2015 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e RPG Review
A Friend

NOTE: This Thread is only for REVIEWS of this Role-playing Game. If you are only here to ask a question about the game please use: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Support Thread.

At the Bequest of JB I was asked to do a Dungeons & Dragons 5e play by post. So here it is.

In all honesty I have a lot of work to do before We can start, but I have a decent chunk of stuff in my head so I decided to post what I have.

Also, yes, I am a new member to your site. For a tiny background I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons (And Dungeon Mastering) since the start of this year. I run a bi-weekly game at the moment, and am also involved in 2 weekly games and one more bi-weekly game. If this sounds like a lot, I used to run two more weekly games with minimal issues so this play by post game will not be any trouble for me.

Portarlus.... A world split, from others, creatures and plants thrown through time and space, all ending up on this trash heap of the material plane. In the beginning there was chaos, a huge Pangaea of mostly Jungle shrouded much of the world. The inflow was rapid, creatures from other worlds found portals, some even made them.... To take advantage of what was seen a fresh world. One rich in minerals, and… power.

First Age (For want of a better name)
The magic flowed freely, mages dominated the battlefields, causing sometimes explosive reactions from even the simplest spells. But despite the damage that was done to the landscape, it healed.... Sometimes over night, returning to lush Jungle, confusing the cartographers that tried to map this mysterious land.

The primary events in this age are the incessant battles, or warring between the factions of the land. The most significant being the war between good and evil, that continued for the entire age. Even so there were plenty of minor wars especially between human factions, and sometimes between human and other 'good' races.

Second Age
As the millennia passed the magics diminished and the world developed significantly. The land sundered, gone were the huge forests and jungles. Empires began to rise and fall. Magic, while still terribly potent, is no longer wild and almost uncontrollable. The greatest of Emperors would have huge Academies of Magi to cement their powers and maintain peace over their lands.

Dominated by Empires this age is much more stable, relatively speaking of course. There is plenty of Political intrigue if one heads to the main cities, and even combat if you look below the surface of the decadently wealthy. However if you go in the opposite direction to civilization you can find pockets of wild lands, untamed fringes where monsters still lurk and the weak cower.

Third Age
The passage of time is a merciless beast. The final age. The land has fully scattered across the globe with a few continents even coming together once more. Magic is scarce, something to be feared or just hidden. The Empire of Man finally dominates most places, being the most resourceful in a world now lacking the fantastic bounty it offered in ages past.

Ok, that is the flavor text done for now here are a few rules.

Dungeons & Dragons5E
Use the point buy system for character creation. As much as I would like to do 4d6 and drop the lowest one, that does make characters a little powerful.

I will be making posts every day if possible, however some weekends(Every second as I am away) I will be hard pressed to keep up volume, but will try to post at least once in those weekends. I expect people to be posting quite regularly also.

There are more rules/guidance coming but Work calls. I will update this in a few hours.

Questions and expressions of interest are much appreciated.

Sponsored Links:
12th Sep, 2015 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Review RPG Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Thank you for accepting the invitation and more so for having a very detailed introduction to the game. I will let Players know through the groups / newsletters, however when do you estimate will be your actual start date?

Note: Usually, you need two Players to start and then you can begin creating Member Wars' Threads with your Rules, Maps, etc.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2015 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

I would very much like to be involved in this game, if you have the space for me. If so, how exactly does the play by work on this site? Do I need pdfs of everything? Or can I just type stats and info on to here? And how does dice rolling work? Is it an honor system? Thank you for the time and consideration.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2015 - 5:08am / Post ID: #

Review RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Xavier, Zudgard will reply about his game but you may also like to look at your introduction for responses. Also, the basics of role-playing on this site is all organized for you here: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?. As for the Dungeons & Dragons 5e player's books you will need to purchase them as reference guides.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2015 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Review RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Ah, it seems the time for editing has expired. So here is additional information.

Thanks JB then this shall be a much shorter update.

(One small addition)
We will be playing in the Second age. In the Empire of The Mad Emperor Marcus Sestius Fadus. Yes, this empire will be modeled on the Roman empire, at least in some names, and ranks. Otherwise all Dungeons & Dragons mechanics such as coppers silvers and gold are the same.

Start Date
The start date for some certainty, provided there is enough interest, shall be the 21st of September or Monday week. Before then I will be fleshing out the specifics more and talking/organizing among those that do want to play. Please note, I am not interested in more than 5 people currently (Would really prefer 4), and will cut people fairly quick if you disappear/stop posting without any reason or communication with me.

Reconcile Edited: Zudguard on 12th Sep, 2015 - 5:49am

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2015 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Alright, after reviewing some of the faqs, and I will continue to do so over the next few days, I would like to join the game, if you haven't filled the 4 slots. My only issue is my posting will be sporadic between September 25, and 26 because I will camping those days. If that will not be an issue (And I do hope to be able to post a little still) and you approve my joining, I will start work on a new character. Thanks

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2015 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hi Xavier

I don't see why not. Admittedly my posts with be scarce every second weekend anyways due to travel, so that will not be an issue. Feel free to make that new character. Let me know what race and class sometime, but no rush for now

12th Sep, 2015 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews

Zudguard, is this an entirely custom campaign you made or a module for Dungeons & Dragons 5E because I know there are some restrictions on what can be used for play by post.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,