Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules

Zudguard' S Dungeons Dragons 5e Create Characters - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Sep, 2015 - 1:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (15) »
Closed
This is Dungeons & Dragons 5E. There is a generator available in the Character Sheet. All those interested should follow the Rules in the first Post of this Thread before creating their Character. All questions should also be placed here.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2015 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Current ACTIVE game: Ruler of Kings II Medieval Fantasy Text Role-playing Game

----------------

The below Role-playing Game is CLOSED

Here we will create our characters for Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main Role-playing Game .

This Thread is also for Questions about my game.

NOTE: Use the "Create Character" Button to the top left in order to have access to the generator or fill in your Character Sheet.

For many of the Rules I will have to assume you have the 5E Players handbook, otherwise I have a lot(Oh so much) more to type up. This is more of a guide as to what to use while creating your character. When you have your character finished please post it for me to appraise, and then we can get started when everyone has.

Character level 1 is where we will start.

Stats
We are using the Point buy system for stats, with the info for easy reference below. Starting out with 27 points, each stat costs the points below. You can also use the standard array if you do not wish to calculate your stats, the array also falls within this point buy system also.

8, 0pts. 9, 1 pt. 10, 2pts. 11, 3pts. 12, 4pts. 13, 5pts. 14, 7pts. 15, 9 pts.

Or standard stat array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8

Modifiers for each stat are your stat minus ten, divided by two(Rounded down, like everything), eg 15-10=5. Then 5/2=+2 (Rounded down don't forget) or: 8-10=-2, then -2/2=-1.

Races
Anything out of the 5E players handbook or the Elemental evil Player's companion (Of which is free to pick up as a pdf online, 5e players handbook not free). Except for the Aarakocra please.

Equipment
Choose either what your class and background provides OR you roll for gold based on your class and then you purchase everything with what you roll. If you choose to roll I expect to see that roll in this thread, using the in built dice system. Same goes for any other rolls also.

Variants such as the Human variant giving you a feat and another skill proficiency are welcome

Carry capacities will be observed, in the classic way that you can carry up to 15 times your strength and then can no longer move if you go over. (Keeping it simple but still there)

Alignment
No Chaotic evil, full stop. Lawful and Neutral evil are ok.... For now, but that is subject to change. If you decide to go straight Neutral, I expect a high degree of care taken as it is not a "You can do whatever you want" Alignment

Character history/backstory
For backgrounds pretty much any is ok, although sailor might be a bit of a stretch where we are starting out. You are all traveling for some reason, perhaps to escape your master, if you were a slave, or you are trying to make a better life for yourself somewhere else, or anything else that would compel you to travel. Rural Nobility is about the highest station you can be, then anything below that down to escaped slave.

I think that is about it, but I am sure there will be more questions to feel free to ask away on this thread.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2015 - 8:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Character name: Brennic

Background: Entertainer (Gladiator)
Race: Half Elf
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Neutral Good
Armour Class: 18
Hit Points: 12

Strength 16(+3) Dexterity 14(+2) Con 14(+2) Int 10(0) Wisdom 8(-1) Charisma 14(+2)

Saving throws Strength+5, Con+4
Proficiencies: Acrobatics +4, Performance +4, Intimidation +4, Persuasion +4, Athletics +5, Deception +4
Tools: Disguise Kit, Small Harp.
Weapon and Armour Proficiences: All.
Languages: Common, Elven and Orcish.

Equipment: Chain mail, shield, warhammer, trident, two hand axes, explorer's pack, sling, 10 stones, red silk sash (Favour from an admirer), money pouch with 19 gp. (6 gp of initial moneys spent on trident and sling).

Trait: I always strive to look my best at all times.
Ideal: When I perform, I make the world a brighter place. People feel safe knowing there are strong fighters like me.
Bond: I would do anything for my old comrades at the gladitorial school.
Flaw: Juliana's betrothed was a powerful man. My school master's debts were called in by him to get at me. Luckily I vanished in the chaos following the collapse but he seeks me still. (Not known to the character)

Background Feature: By Popular Demand. Can always find free food and lodgings in exchange for performing. For a gladiator this will involve tales of past bouts, weapon skill displays, mock fights with keen locals and some singing and playing as advertising. People also react favorably to a performer.

Tale: Brennic was until recently an up and coming gladiator. He had established a small amount of fame and attracted the attentions of the fair Juliana, a young noblewoman. Unfortunately the gladitorial school's owner ran afoul of several bad debts and was imprisoned. The school fell apart, the slaves sold off and the free gladiators, of which Brennic was one, released. Brennic is now adrift in the world. Being a mere guard or soldier does not appeal to him and so he has turned to the adventurer's life as a way to reclaim glory and fame.

Abilities: Darkvision 60 ft.
Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saves against being charmed. Cannot be slept magically.
Fighting Style: Dueling +2 damage when using a single one handed weapon.
Second Wind: Bonus action to heal D10+level hit points. Recharges after a short or long rest.

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2015 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Rhovador Naïlo
Outlander (Forester)
Wood Elf
Ranger
Neutral Good
AC: 14 HP:12
S 8(-1) D 17(+3) C 15(+2)
I 8(-1) W 16(+3) Ch 8(-1)

Saves:
S +1 D +5 C +2
I -1 W +3 Ch -1

Proficiencies: Animal Handling +5, Athletics +1, Insight, +5, Perception +5, Stealth +5, Survival +5.

Armour and Weapon Proficiences: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields Longswords, Shortswords, Shortbows, Longbows
Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons.

Racial Languages: Common & Elven.
Outlander Language: Goblin.
Favored Enemy Language: Orcish.

Equipment:
Leather Armor
Two Shortswords
Four Daggers
Longbow + 20 arrows
Dungeoneer's pack OR explorer's pack
Staff
Hunting trap
Trophy
Set of traveler's clothes
Belt pouch (2EP, 9SP, 10CP)

Trait: I strive to help those who can't help themselves.

Ideal: The world would be a better place without hoards of evil monsters.

Bond: My family is most important to me.

Flaw: I want to create and rule the largest forest empire where all beings exist in harmony.

Elf Features:
• Within 60 feet, I treat dim light as bright and darkness as dim light.
• Immune to magical sleep, advantage on saves vs charmed.
• Meditating 4 hours counts as 8 hours of rest.
• Can hide while lightly obscured by natural phenomena.

Outlander Feature:
• I can always remember the layout of a region's geographical features.
• I can usually find enough food and water for six people.

Class Features:
• Gain advantage on survival and Int checks concerning Goblins and Orcs.
• Gain advantage on Wisdom and Int checks concerning forests, and bonuses while traveling through forests.

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2015 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Cheers William and Ocdelguy, I look forward to playing with you.

I have now set up our game play thread [here: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Main Role-playing Game ]. I have posted it in the same forum as this one so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

As it says at the top, please hold back from posting until we get started this coming Monday. I shall set the scene then and then you will take it from there. With a bit of luck we might be able to find one or two more people beforehand.

If you have any questions about the game/rules this (Character creation thread) is the one to do it in. The game play thread will only have me, and then everyone else in character.

17th Sep, 2015 - 12:50am / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

Rules and Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

The Repentant Soldier says...

I'm interested in joining this game if possible. Here is my concept for a character:

Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Armour Class: 18
Hit Points: 13

Strength 16(+3)
Dexterity 12(+1)
Con 16(+3)
Int 11(0)
Wisdom11(0)
Charisma 10 (0)

Saving throws
Strength+5,
Con+5
Proficiencies: Athletics (+5); Intimidation (+2); Perception (+2); Survival (+2)
Tools: Gaming set (Dice); Vehicles (Land)
Weapon and Armour Proficiences: All.
Languages: Common' TBD

Equipment: Chain mail, shield, long sword, light crossbow w/20 bolts, Dungeoneers pack (Backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50ft hemp rope), money pouch with 10 gp.

Trait: I am haunted by images of war. I can't get the images of violence out of my head
Ideal: Independence; I've learned that when people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny
Bond: Penance; I seek to make amends for the things that I've done during my time as a soldier.
Flaw: I am prone to bouts of depression, and when depressed I tend to look toward intoxicating substances as an escape.

Background Feature: Military rank (Tbd, but Sergeant with Dungeon Master's permission)

Biography:

When I was a young man I was conscripted into military service of the local lord. My oldest brother would inherit the family farm while I was destined to fight in the fields of battle for a man who cared only for garnering more power, more wealth, more prestige. But it was my duty, and I did as I was told.

I served my lord well; I fought in many battles and I killed many men and women, and children. I did what I was told. I can still see the faces of my victims, and I can still hear their cries as I struck them down and set their homes on fire. I was just doing as I was told.

What did all that killing accomplish? My lord gained more lands and more wealth, but all I gained were nightmares and restless nights. When my service was done I went home to the farm, but I didn't stay long. I couldn't stay, I spent most nights trying to drown out the memories with absurd amounts of ale and whatever else I could find to dull the pain. Eventually my father sent me away; I was useless to him. I was no longer a farmer, I was a killer and that was all that was left of me. My father could see it and I think the other people in the village did as well. I'm sure they knew what I had done and I could see the fear in their eyes; I was a monster.

So I wandered for a time, selling my sword in order to eat. More killing for coin. I need a purpose. I need penance for what I've done and the suffering I've caused. Maybe I will find it here...

Feats/Abilities:

Fighting Style: Dueling +2 damage when using a single one handed weapon.
Second Wind: Bonus action to heal D10+level hit points. Recharges after a short or long rest.

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2015 - 6:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

All fighters so far. This has the makings of an excellent sword and sorcery style of game. We should prepare for tales of high adventure!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2015 - 7:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mmmm, we shall see.

Ocdelguy, I forgot to mention. You need to choose between you dungeoneers pack and your explorers pack and then take the items from the one you want. It looks like you have done a little copy and paste there.

Welcome Aericsteele, seargent is fine. There are plenty of armies in my world, plenty of battles to regret in the Lands of Aerocion. You will fit in nicely.

XavierKr, as you were interested in this game, would you mind posting your character? If you are having issues or questions (On character creation or rule clarification) feel free to ask them here.

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2015 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Oops, I do know that I have to pick one and you're right, I did copy and paste it into the post. smile.gif I forgot to delete the explorer's pack.

Dungeoneer's pack:
Backpack
Crowbar
Hammer
10 Pitons
10 Torches
10 Days Rations
Tinderbox
Waterskin
Hempen Rope, 50'

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (15) »

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.