Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 34 of 58

Looks like a good start to me. To get your - Page 34 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Jul, 2017 - 6:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 58 pgs.  30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2017 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 34

Daishain, would a Masterwork Rapier fit in as a decent equivalent of a "Common" magical item (The fact it has a bonus equivalent to a +1 weapon, which would make it Uncommon, but is non-magical, etc)?

If you allow it, I would use it as Common Item #1.
#2 could be, say, a potion of Climbing.
As for the one Uncommon item, I just stumbled upon the Ring Of Mind Shielding, which strikes me as a good choice for two reasons: first of all because it seems a very useful item for a Harper spy and informant to possess, and also because the item description mentions that "As long as a soul is in the ring, it can telepathically communicate with any creature wearing it".

Now this I think would make for a great roleplaying as well, if we consider the fact that the actual soul of a previous owner of the ring is still in it and has frequent and impromptu conversations with Jharen. I can already think of a good few hilarious or dramatic exchanges going on between the rogue and this "Invisible friend" during the game. I should be able to come up with a colorful personality for the trapped soul as well…

Any thoughts on this ?

P.s: if I use the "Safe" HP method that gives him 8 (At lv1)+ (5x4, for levels 2 to 5) = 28 HP, correct ?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The +1 for masterwork only applies to tohit rolls rather than both attack and damage like with the full +1 enchantment by the way.

They're priced at 300 gp normally. I'll let you cut that cost in half in exchange for both of the common items.

That HP is correct.

And yes, you can snag the ring with a personality inside. The one restriction I will put on it is that the mind within there not be a significant asset in and of itself. (No ultra helpful elven sage with centuries worth of practical obscure knowledge for instance.).

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Jun, 2017 - 10:07pm

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2017 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Fair enough on all counts.

I'll take out 150 gp from my 250 stash and see what other more regular gear I can get, then… and also forget about the Climbing Potion. Got it.

About the soul inside the ring, it's more for roleplay than powerplay, we're on the same page here, no super badass inside, probably more like an eccentric and slightly annoying comic-relief, think Mort the flying skull in the Planescape: Torment PC game, or something along those lines…

Okay, I better get on with that equipment buy, then… Oh, one more thing: I'm not sure about the importance of alignments and their consequences in-game with the 5e, but my vision of Jharen and his inflexible dedication to a personal moral and working ethic, couped with his strong ambition make him more of a candidate for a Lawful Neutral than the more "Humanist" Neutral Good.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2017 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 34 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

5E has few practical impacts related to alignment.

And yes, someone strongly dedicated to a particular work ethic would likely trend lawful. A rogue's methods don't quite jive with that though. And if she's going to be working heavily with the Harpers, his actions at least would certainly trend to good.

You obviously know him better, but the few details I've heard suggest NG to me. Is there something I'm missing?

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

NG it is then. I have completed buying his equipment, the only thing I wasn't sure is if he automatically gets the Forgery and Disguise Kits he's proficient in… otherwise he'd be short on funds to buy these, after investing the 50 gp necessary to acquire his rapier.

Any other ideas ?
Will work on his "Soul ring" side-kick whenever I get the chance.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Here is the description of the Ring's current occupant, for approval (See Jharen's character sheet, under "Character's magick / spells / powers"):

The ring already contains another soul… a truculent-sounding and often irreverent old adventurer and mariner called Barlam Barkblood, or "Barley", as he likes to be called.
It is somewhat difficult to make out Barley's true story and how he got to be trapped inside the ring, as he tends to deliver a different version every time he's asked, to the point where Jharen often wondered if all the decades (Or maybe centuries) spent inside the ring as a disembodied spirit might have affected the old rascal's mind. Barley seems to be in a constant state of drunken stupor, sometimes making wisecracks and bawdy commentaries or at other times just loading into a litany of barroom insults, or reminiscing about his many female conquests and supposed exploits… Jharen believes that this probably comes from the fact that the "Relentlessly Exploring Misfit" - as Barlam likes to call himself - was very probably under the influence of a huge quantity of spirits before becoming one himself. In any case, the drunken boatman seems to be able to deliver a never-ending stream of inane commentaries and ideas, some of which can be entertaining at times, none of which are relevant to the situation at hand, and many of which are plainly offensive or idiotic.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 15th Jun, 2017 - 8:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2017 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 34

Here's what I have so far for my character:

Poppo Hardbottle - Lightfoot Halfling Wizard

19 Strength MOD +0 SAVE+0
15 Dexterity MOD+2 SAVE+2
12 Constitution MOD+1 SAVE+1
15 Intelligence MOD+2 SAVE+5
10 Wisdom MOD+0 SAVE+3
14 Charisma MOD+2 SAVE+2

Poppo Hardbottle was raised in his parent's inn and tavern in the town of Dagger Falls. By the time he was 15, he had mastered the family business but mostly enjoyed working as the cook's assistant. One night an older man arrived in the inn, dressed in the garb of a wizard. Poppo could tell the man had seen much and struck up a conversation with him, fascinated to hear the stories of the adventuring life. The wizard, named Elwin, agreed to take Poppo on as an apprentice provided he also served as his assistant as they travelled the roads in the surrounding area. Sometimes Elwin would arrive in a small town to provide magical entertainment for the community. Other times, he would do more traditional adventuring work with others. He never wanted to stay with a group for too long.

Poppo learned a lot from Elwin but during a trip to Baldur's Gate tragedy struck when the pair were attacked by a large group of undead. Elwin was slain by the horde but his sacrifice allowed Poppo to escape. Poppo saw a cloaked figure on a hill riding a jet black horse. As the figured turned and galloped away Poppo swore he saw fire erupt from the horse's hooves.

The loss of his master devastated Poppo but he decided to break out on his own. Travelling with caravans and playing taverns where he could and helping in the kitchen when he couldn't, Poppo scraped by finally running out of coin in _. He has decided that he needs to find a group to work with and perhaps find the figure watched as his master was killed.

Poppo stands 3 and a half feet tall and is in slender shape for a halfling. His curly brown hair falls to shoulder length and constantly hangs in front of his sparkling green eyes causing him to absently blow upwards in a vain attempt to clear it.

Poppo dresses in comfortable trousers and linen shirt covered with a leather vest. A well-worn pair of large leather boots offset a bright patchwork cloak which can be reversed to provide a more stealthy black. Master Elwin always said that having a memorable appearance would help spread your reputation.

Reconcile Edited: ChristianD on 4th Jul, 2017 - 6:20pm

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2017 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 34

Looks like a good start to me.

To get your official character sheet going, click on the "Create/edit character" button at the top left of this page. Starting a character sheet requires FP, or Forum Points, but you received more than enough just by registering on here. The character sheet will have multiple fields to fill out. Once established, Your CS will be attached to every post you make in a game related thread.

Note, the first page of this thread, and of my Rules and support thread has some details you may wish to peruse, I've made a couple of house rules and adjustments.

You'll be starting at level 6, and have an equipment budget of 2,000 gp with which you can purchase magic items among other things. Whatever isn't spent remains in your coin purse. I suggest spending some of that picking up extra Wizard spells known, to fill out your arsenal.

As to getting you involved with the group, I think the direct approach might be best here. Poppo has almost certainly heard of an attack on the town of Greenest, one that was foiled by a group called the Silver Blaze, who were rewarded generously for their efforts. If he seeks them out, he can find several of them in the city of Baldur's Gate (Geoffroy, Velon, and Poljen), licking their wounds after a recent contract. That work for you?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Jul, 2017 - 6:40pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.