3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 10 of 129

Okay, two projects in mind if and when workshop - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Apr, 2017 - 6:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 129 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 10

Black powder is saltpeter, charcoal, and sulfur. Not sure about the ratios involved, but I think saltpeter is the largest component. Some experiments would be required to find the right mix.

I think bat guano is the best source for saltpeter in this tech age. The rest can be obtained easily enough.

If I remember right, the recipe for modern smokeless gunpowder found a substitute for the sulfur, but I don't remember what they did for that. I suppose I'd just have to tell a few interested alchemists it can be done and see what they can figure out.

Edit: The other challenge to making a decent rifle would be the need for high grade steel, both for the barrels and the tools to make precision parts. Fortunately, the design history of steel production was a college project of mine. I could draw up designs for a steel bloomery easily enough, and these people have the tools to make one, heck clay is the primary material.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Apr, 2017 - 10:04pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Daishain,

You are correct on the ingredients and unless I forget all my SF training I'll know the ratios. I'm just not sure I want that information getting out. Black powder leads to other explosives, which lead to improved mining and construction, which leads to urbanization, which leads to deforestation. No thanks there Mr. Jason Saruman!

KN,

I think I only have dinner. Unless there is something else for me I wasn't planning on posting until the group starts to get together again.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ok I will move the game up here shortly. Yes I know the ratios but not giving them out either as two of the party will not allow the industry of the area and the lord of the area would probably not allow it either.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Probably not tongue.gif

Regardless, not likely to push for gunpowder and the like myself, at least not any time soon. Like I hinted at before, much more interested in elevating lives than introducing pollution and more efficient ways to kill.

Besides, if death dealing above and beyond the norm really is needed, I just had an idea for using magic to bypass the energy problems behind Gauss guns….

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Apr, 2017 - 10:29pm

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I have updated the game to the next morning if you want to look at the main game thread and see the update.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

KN,

I modified my last post and added my rolls to it as you required.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 10

I see that and I have responded if you wish to take a look in the main thread.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

Okay, two projects in mind if and when workshop access is obtained.

First project are 2 mithral breastplates for me and Dennis. Based on your description before, it sounds like that will use up half of the mithral lump (So worth it). The DC of working Mithral armor is not listed, but since mithral armor is automatically considered masterwork, I presume the DC 20 needed for MW is a good assumption. Let me know if you think it needs higher. Listed market value for one mithral breastplate is 4,200

Second project: a modified masterwork Great Crossbow for my own use, probably for my entire career. Dennis may ask for one as well, but he is probably better off sticking with his magic longbow for now, at least until I can match those enchantments. In any case, Gcrossbow-150, MW component-300, crossbow sight-150, Wand Chamber-100, total 700 gp, craft DC 20.

I will need to trade for the materials for project #2, as while mithral might make for a good reinforcement bar, it is not usable for the bulk of the weapon. Would a merchant be willing to trade the material in exchange for another crafted item of appropriate value?

Also, how long would it take to complete these? Taking 10 on the craft checks for a total of 20.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Apr, 2017 - 7:07pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.