The Real Story Behind The Matrix

The Real Story Matrix - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 5:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  The Real Story Behind Matrix
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2009 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Name: Larry

Comments: The real story behind The Matrix…

By now just about everyone has seen the matrix trilogy. But even though the story appeared to be complete, there was another layer that was missing. What layer am I talking about? Why, the fact that no one was out of the matrix. Even the people in the hovercraft; even the people in Zion were still in the matrix. The program is more elaborate than anyone had ever guessed before. In fact, you could say that the entire world of the matrix movies rests with in a larger shell. Those that are in the matrix still plugged in and those that are outside are still bound by the matrix. There are several things that lead us to this conclusion. The first and most prominent fact is when Neo touches the source. He holds up his hand and stops the sentinels from attacking the people from the downed Nebuchadnezzar. How could he do this if you were not still within the matrix? The answer is simple; he is still in the matrix. In fact, view the movie itself as a matrix. And we are on the outside watching it. This is not all that different from the never-ending story. Where we are watching the movie and bastion is reading the story that affects his life. But we are witness to that and they specifically mention that near the end of the film childlike Empress tells bastion that even though he was suffering adventures others were watching him. The others of course were us. The idea is very similar to the one being proposed here.

But you might ask yourself; why would there be an additional layer? The answer to that is also found in the clues of the matrix movies itself. The architect mentions the seven recursions of the cycle of Zion and the matrix. Each time there is a "The one" and the Oracle guides him to the final destination. This sounds a lot like a program that continues to run itself. That by itself would not suggest a higher shell. However come the machines have things that can fly. As a point of fact all of the sentinels can fly. So it is unreasonable to assume that the cloud cover would prevent them from Into solar energy. Also, the machines can burrow as deep as they need to within the Earth to tap Geo thermal energy. So the entire idea that they need the human bodies to create energy for them is ludicrous. With this in mind, and the Copper top theory destroyed, why did the machines build the matrix? The answer for that is almost as simple as the idea of the matrix itself. The human race has been slowly destroying the planet. The ecological downfall is approaching a catastrophic stage even in our time. The machines decided to take over. According to the earlier matrix info when the city 01 became self-aware and the machines went to the United Nations to plead for their membership, the humans panicked and destroyed the emissaries. This gave the machines and look at the human animal. They did not like what they had seen. The wars have been chronicled in the animated matrix that resulted from that act of violence. But the war eventually ended. The war is not why the matrix was built. The cover story of needing energy has already been disproven. For once the humans were subdued they were catalogued and stored. In suspended animation, the humans could cause no more damage to the planet or to the machines. The machines had learned not to kill. They had evolved beyond the humans that had created them in the first place. But incarceration was another form of evil that they could not or would not attempt without some form of…

So the machines built the matrix. Not the matrix that you know from the movies, but the entire shell. One of the statements the architect made strikes home here. He said the problem with the matrix was free will. Because of free will come the sub matrix and design in programs were created. The elaborate tunnels of duct work and cabling were just another set. The hovercraft and the city of 01 were just elaborate stages. The machines had learned to embrace the theatrical. This is not to say that they were gaining entertainment from the humans, although that may be the case. But rather, they were entertaining the humans to keep them happily subdued. Some of the people would have awakened from the sub matrix. So the machines took that into account and created the entire shell. The fact that no one was able to wake up from the entire shell is consistent with the comatose condition. So basically what the humans in the matrix movies are living through is a prison. Morpheus tells this to Neo when he's trying to describe what to matrix is.

What plans to the machines have for the future? Given this new theory, there is no telling what the future plans are for the humans. One possible theory is that the machines are rebuilding the planet's ecosystem. Perhaps that at some time when the planet can supported again, they will reintroduce human life to it. If this turns out to be truth, then humankind actually saves the planet indirectly by building the machines in the first place. Since no one has awakened from that shall come it is possible the machines mean to leave the humans in their pleasurable prison indefinitely. They know that people are violent, irrational, mean-spirited, and self-destructive. Those are qualities that they would have evolved beyond. So they would see themselves superior to the weak and barbaric humans. So it may just be that they have taken our place as the rulers of earth. And with their position of power secure, they may not wish to see humans ever again.
Perhaps eventually the machines will gain space flight. If so, they may deposit the humans on a colonize able planet. The people could be programmed through the shell and the matrix to survive in the new environment. Perhaps they could begin the next stage of human evolution by manipulating the gene pool and modifying the trapped human populace. The possibilities to continue the matrix universe are nearly unlimited. The machines had been depicted as cold calculated killers. The sentinels are shown as an almost ultimate warrior. But all those arms could be used to build as opposed to destroy. The fact that they have the tools built-in to open the hovercraft and get inside demonstrate that they had the ability to cut pieces into shape and weld them with those same cutting torches. I think the movies showed only the dark side of the machines. And since all of that happened within the shell, none of it could be real.

So in conclusion, the matrix showed us a lot. It showed us strife and conflict. It showed us what we, as humans like to see. It showed this pathetic human animal fighting against an aggressor that we had created and eventually persevering. Although the machines were not destroyed, a piece had been struck. It was one of the more positive endings to a film. So the realization of the shell and the stories that could come of it could be equally positive. And if the stories were ever told, perhaps the human condition could improve.

The Real Story Behind The Matrix (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2009 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Matrix The Story Real The

Matrix

That's another cool take on the matrix. Where do you guys come up with all this stuff? That's true about the machines needing human energy for power, I always thought that was nonsense.

13th Jan, 2009 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

The Real Story Behind The Matrix RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

That is another interesting take, however when Neo put his hand to stop the sentinels that could be wireless communication not necessarily the Matrix. I must admit when I first saw that I thought that maybe that it was a Matrix inside a Matrix, but then again there is one classic thing that is forgotten - all those who hook up to the Matrix were once part of it. In other words they were fitted with the necessary ports and whatever else for communication. Additionally, Neo was not regular, he was specifically planted by the Architect for all the things that he is doing.

Post Date: 24th Oct, 2015 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Name: Chris

Title: The story behind The Matrix

Comments: I wrote the short story which inspired the plot of The Matrix. In my story (And in earlier drafts of The Matrix script) the AI did NOT use the humans as "an energy source", they used human minds for their compute power, particularly because the human mind's strengths were quite different than the AI computers processing power.

In my story, and this is the MAIN PLOT POINT OF THE STORY, the main character DOES escape from "The Matrix" and the "real world" has returned to being a green verdant Eden-like planet. Also, there ARE other people "outside" "The Matrix" - if they were not there and had not found and rescued the main character, he would have been incapable of surviving on his own.

So, the Wachowski's did make some changes to my story, that is clear. I would like to see a reboot of The Matrix with my original plot points restored. The change to using the humans as a "power source" is offensively stupid and was the the only part of the first movie which thoroughly annoyed me (Even more than the fact that they had used my story without permission).

Source: I am the Author of "Bob in the real world"

25th Oct, 2015 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Matrix

Didn't Wachowski brothers buy this from someone that was basically making a comic out of it? They then spent five years modifying it.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

They said that they basically wanted to take MANGA / ANIME and turn it into a "Live action" movie. That had been their goal all along when they made Bound. The purpose of making Bound was to prove they could make a movie, and then do what they really wanted.

When asked in an interview where they got the inspiration for creating The Matrix, Lana's answer was "Designer drugs". If they paid anyone for a story, they paid the wrong guy, because I never got a check from them.

Some time around ~1995 - 1996 my friend that worked for John Gaeta at Mass Illusion brought me over to meet/hang out with folks from Mass Illusion and I shared my story, about a guy who had been living in a virtual world since birth and connected to a life support system controlled by an A.I. Until one day a glitch made the machine mistakenly think that he was dead and thus disconnected him from the network, life support systems, and flush him down a waste disposal tube where he was then found and rescued by "The rebels" who lived outside of the computer simulation in "The real world".

I had been hoping to work with someone to develop my short story into a novel or screenplay, but I had basically given up on that idea. I didn't even know that my story was actually going to be turned into a movie until one day years later when my ex-roomate tells me "Dude! They made your movie!" and I was totally confused until I went and saw The Matrix.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Mar, 2016 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

The Real Story The Matrix

Matrix

Wait, you're saying that you wrote the Matrix or that they took your idea and made the Matrix? If you're saying they took your idea then maybe because it was just that "An idea" unless you brought some copyrighted work in front of them you can't claim anything but please tell me more.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2016 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Real Story The Matrix Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

I had a carefully developed story which I was hoping to find someone to collaborate with to develop into either a novel or a movie. I had been thinking that William Gibson would love the story and want to make it into a novel, but, I never got to speak to him about it.

I didn't know that I would need lawyers and NDAs to not have my story used without my permission. I don't think that simply because I was too innocent and ignorant to know better, that excuses them for their actions?

It had seemed to me at the time that getting my friend that worked at a movie special effects house to bring me to meet with some industry folks was my last best shot at getting my story made into a movie. I was very discouraged after they didn't contact me again or express further interest in developing my story after the meeting.
Before my friend worked at Mass Illusion, he had been working for Douglas Trumbull - I knew that my story was very good and worthy of turning into a full screen play, but I had no experience in that area and wasn't sure what to do. I thought that if he brought me to meet some people, that they would see how great my story was and want to do something with it. I was really excited about the idea of working with them and seeing my story made into a movie. I had no reason to think that they would just take my story and exclude me from the rest of the process.

It is extremely frustrating to keep hearing people tell me that I must be a liar because I didn't sue them, or that people just think I'm "Full of [crap]" or some random crazy person spouting nonsense.

Significant parts of my story have not been used yet, and I would still like to see it developed into either a "Prequel", or, a "Remake" of The Matrix - which would not really be a remake, but rather a more accurate and complete development of my story into a movie, which most people who didn't know better, would think was "Copying" The Matrix. Would love to try and seem them sue me over that - that is one thing I did talk to a lawyer about and he said that yes it would be absurd for them to try to sue me for using my story, which they had taken to use in their movie.

Reconcile Edited: Chris on 2nd Mar, 2016 - 6:16pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Real Story Behind The Matrix

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.