Mount Everest

Mount Everest - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Nov, 2005 - 11:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
  Mount Everest Could You Climb Everest?
30th May, 2003 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Mount Everest

spock.gif Do you think you have enough gall to climb Mount Everest?

Many have died in the attempt and many are still trying.

international QUOTE
From ABC News Nightline:

Years ago I went to Tibet on vacation. At times we were at about 17,000 feet in elevation. It was hard to breathe. My group was on the third floor of a hotel. You came down the stairs once, and went back up once. If you forgot something, too bad, because you didn't want to go back up the stairs again. It was too hard. I got very depressed and stopped eating, all from the altitude. Now 17,000 is about the altitude for the base camp on Everest. That's where people go to get ready for their climb. There was even a marathon held on the mountain a little while ago.

How do they do it? More to the point, why do they do it? The famous answer is, of course, "Because it is there." Fifty years ago Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay became the first men to ever make it to the top. And that was before goretex and all of the other modern advances that climbers now have at their disposal. It was an amazing feat then, and still is today. But the mountain is crowded now. Some climbers complain that if you hire enough Sherpas, they can literally drag just about anyone up to the summit. And it's true, people who are not experienced climbers have made it all the way up. And many climbers, experienced and otherwise, have paid the ultimate price. They have died on Everest, their bodies remaining on the slopes forever.

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Mount Everest
Mount Everest (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2003 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Mount Everest
A Friend

Everest Mount

I don't think that I could have that kind of drive and determination to overcome that many obstacles just to climb a mountain.  Of course the end result is the greatest reward, but many things can go wrong while trying to climb up.  Maybe if I wasn't married and had children, and had a little bit more daring, I probably would think about trying it.  But nothing like that is done on impulse.  It does take careful planning and preparing too.

14th Jul, 2003 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Mount Everest Sports & Fashion Music Movies

My answer: "No way", I never went hiking or climbing on any mountain, and you want me to climb Everest? Nah, I am not interested in doing that anytime soon :smile.gif

6th Aug, 2005 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Everest Mount

Even though I like hiking and traveling in the mountains, climbing the Everest (or any other this caliber mountain) would be too much of a challenge for me. Plus I hate cold.

7th Aug, 2005 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Everest Mount

Knowing myself and my determination I believe I could, but if I had the opportunity to do it I would not simply because I have passed a stage in life where such things do not entice me at all.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Mount Everest
A Friend

Mount Everest

I know that I could not climb Everest. I just do not have the strength for that. The cold really wouldn't bother me, but I would not have enough strength to climb Everest.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Sep, 2005 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Mount Everest

No. I believe in pushing personal limits, but climbing Everest is not a viable option to bring out the best in myself. I plan to become the best I can be within my sphere of influence, and climbing Everest would prove nothing to me about myself. I would rather spend my time and energy on more permanent pursuits.

1st Nov, 2005 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

Mount Everest Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I would absolutely love to climb everest, but whether I could do it is a completely different question. However I certainly plan on trekking through the Himalayas one day.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mount Everest

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,