Floating Bottom Bar - Page 4 of 5

QUOTE (Anoki)Kind of my point exactly, I know - Page 4 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 10th Aug, 2013 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Discuss  Floating Bottom Bar
28th Apr, 2012 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar - Page 4

The bottom margin has been raised to 13px from 3px. I believe this will help Mobile Users scroll to the right, but of course there is the mobile version that will fit their phone exactly.

Sponsored Links:
14th May, 2012 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Bar Bottom Floating

Hey JB, I really like how you added the social icons its kind of handy also you made a few changes around the place... Good, good thanks for keeping everything happening for us.

14th Feb, 2013 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar Feedback & FAQ News Community

The Bottom Bar now has the button from Reddit so Members of Reddit can easily comment about any pages they will like to 'announce'.

19th Feb, 2013 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Bar Bottom Floating

Two more social icons were added to the Bottom Bar:

StumbleUpon

Digg

This will enable site referrals to these sites as well, however I am aware that this may push some of the content off screen for those on laptops. If you are having problems please let me know.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2013 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar
A Friend

Bar Bottom Floating

Admittedly I have a love-hate relationship with that bar. I find it useful for easy access to certain functions but I find that it looks like spam and obstructs my view of the site. Maybe it just looks too much like a mobile application page to me, I am sure if it was themed differently I would enjoy it.

10th Aug, 2013 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar

international QUOTE (Anoki)
...I find that it looks like spam and obstructs my view of the site

Spam? Interesting word choice. Spam is usually referred to something that you did not expect or ask for being sent to you / shown to you but in this case you met the Bottom Bar here and it is part of the site.

international QUOTE
I am sure if it was themed differently I would enjoy it.

Feel free to elaborate.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2013 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar
A Friend

Floating Bottom Bar - Page 4

international QUOTE
Spam is usually referred to something that you did not expect or ask for being sent to you / shown to you

Kind of my point exactly, I know that its part of the site and I accept that but the fact that my main panel is 25 pixels tall and my windows are nothing more than a 1pixel border around a black background with white font I did not expect to have a floating 50 pixel tall bar that looks like its advertising social media applications. With my ad blocker programs I'm able to eliminate all of the sidebars that advertise stuff I don't want to see and then change the rest of the site to blend with my dark theme with light text.

international QUOTE
Feel free to elaborate.

To summarize, I would like the bookmark, reddit, stumbleupon, digg, facebook, twitter, and google icons maybe hidden behind a drop down option to focus more on the site itself. Maybe have a few skins to choose from. Mine would be a dark grey / black shaded with plain white text and less flashy in your face [kind of] stuff that draws my eyes from the contents of what I'm reading. And As mentioned above, all of my icons are very small and borders are 1x1 so this big clunky bar just seems out of place. It may look better on windows, but sadly not on my linux system. I do love the concept and the convenience but I would prefer to personalize it.

Rather off topic, but...
You know how Neo's computer looked at the beginning of the matrix? That is essentially mine with less green, Things only have a graphical interface when I allow it to, otherwise its just a terminal with text based commands. Even my panel only displays when I right click the desktiop, my time and system statistics display in text and are pinned to display on my desktop with a program I use. Visualize this and then look at your bar and you will see what I mean.

10th Aug, 2013 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 4

international QUOTE (Anoki)
Kind of my point exactly, I know that its part of the site and I accept that...

If you accept it then why is it "Spam"? I don't see how that is your point either. You have chosen a limited system to browse this Community and then even left the Mobile version which is probably more compatible for you to use than a full version meant for large screen graphics intense browsers. A simplistic example: It is like a toddler going into a 4x4, can't reach the clutch and declares that this is not what he wanted. Well of course, there is a Toys R' Us size meant for you, you can't possibly expect the 4x4 to work for a toddler.

international QUOTE
With my ad blocker programs I'm able to eliminate all of the sidebars that advertise stuff...

That's the part that helps pay a small percentage of the cost for Members to use a site like this.

international QUOTE
It may look better on windows, but sadly not on my linux system.

Then you need to switch from using Full to Mobile when you want to Post and to the Text Version when you just want to read - that is why they are there - for those less capable of handing the full version. It is also unlikely we will create a special Skin for Linux users when there is the Mobile and Text versions of this site.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Floating Bottom Bar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,