Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 558 of 558

Out of Character: I think having someone who - Page 558 - D&D / Pathfinder PBP RPGs - Posted: 1.2 Day(s) Ago

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 4 46 113 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
Post Date: 5 Days Ago / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5

Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 558

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I think traveling to the capital sounds like a good idea. It will take a while in game time, but should pass relatively quickly for us. I would still suggest loading up on whatever stuff you think you might need between now and then, but we will have more resources available in the capital to buy.

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5 Days Ago / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Bastion
Warblade

Loner / Head
Character Sheet
Has 2 Associates

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Blademaster says...

Out of Character: agreed. Let us head to the big town, waste every red copper we have there in interesting ways, and then go seeking more funds :P

Seriously though, it will get us away from the trouble we may have stirred up, and should provide plenty of opportunities both for equipping ourselves and in finding further employment.

It'l also give me time for a couple of feat retrains I have in mind.

Edit: speaking of which, there are a couple of directions I could take Bastion in. You guys' input would be appreciated, it does after all have an impact on how the group works together.

It is really really tempting to make him an ubercharger, repeatedly laying down lots of single target damage. But that would also make it more difficult for him to reliably stand between the enemy and the rest of you, since he'd be moving around a lot. Could also go the other way, make him a very 'sticky' tank, and keep them off of your guy's collective backs, but I'd have to give up on a lot of offensive potential to really double down on that. Finally, could go for more general improvements, and stick with the same kind of behavior in combat he has been working with.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 5 Days Ago

Post Date: 3.4 Days Ago / Post ID: #

ICon
Premium
(+)
Avan Ohek
Druid 5

Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread RPGs PBP Pathfinder / D&D

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: I'd suggest doing whatever you think will be the most fun, given the constraints of the Play-by-post format. A good offence is the best defence, but we also have offensive capabilities already. You're free to choose.

Post Date: 1.3 Day(s) Ago / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5

Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet

Page 558 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I second ICon's sentiments: go with whatever you feel is most fun. Because of the way Dungeons & Dragons is designed, we might run into one big bad that we all focus on to take down or we could run into a horde of enemies that only dangerous because of their numbers. It is very rare to run into a horde of big bads (At least as defined by your current level), and so we can handle most anything so long as we maintain a decent group size. We have two druids that are able to fit into several niches pretty well already, so go for whatever you think is fun. I won't speak for ICon, but I enjoy exploring different aspects of being a druid and sometimes filling one role in the part, while at other times filling a different role. I have been healer and front-liner so far for our party, and I don't mind trying something else out if it comes down to it. I don't think there is any need to force your character to constrain to some group mores that might not be fun for you.

Post Date: 1.2 Day(s) Ago / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Bastion
Warblade

Loner / Head
Character Sheet
Has 2 Associates

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Blademaster says...

Out of Character: I'm not offering to constrict myself here, whatever I build will be something I find appealing and fun to play.

However, I find myself having the most fun when my character complements the group well. This is also an in character concern, as Bastion would seek to maximize his effectiveness in relation to those with him.

So yeah, given how you guys plan to play, what warrior oriented niche do you guys see as most needing a stable occupant? I can go down several routes, but it is rather more difficult for me to change up my role than the druids.

The basic pattern I went with for the fight at the fort worked well, sticking with that would be more than fine.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 1.2 Day(s) Ago

Post Date: 1.2 Day(s) Ago / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5

Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I think having someone who is fluidly going from bad guy to bad guy taking them down would be fun. We druids also tend to be one enemy focused though, so I am not sure if having you be more 'sticky' might not benefit us more. I feel like the 'sticky' tank build though would require you to be perfectly positioned to take advantage of it, and that rarely happens. The 'ubercharger' though could get into position and do his damage from wherever. I feel that is overall more useful for us. We have lost a fair bit of ranged ability. We have Ildrahil with his bow and Avan with his bow and that is it. Otherwise we have to all wade into position and fight. On the other hand having someone charge the front lines and start engaging melee right away would help give us time to get up there and do our damage too. I imagine that now Avan and I have wild shape we are going to be tanking more with that than staying back (All things being equal, obviously wild shape is a limited resource that we will have to be judicious with to make the best use of it). But that is all just my two cents, take it for what it is: free advice.

Guest please SHARE: "Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread" on:

Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
, please check your grammar before submitting. ?

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature
Dice Options: Need Dice Help?

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Highlights

Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Kyrroeth 16 Hours Ago
Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Abnninja 23 Hours Ago
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 1.2 Day(s) Ago
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By Abnninja 1 Week Ago
Offensive Trademarks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 1 Week Ago
Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By Abnninja 1 Week Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 24th May, 2017 - 6:41pm
Donald Trump & Muslims: Can Trump stop Islamist without aggrevating the Middle East? By News 21st May, 2017 - 8:37pm
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:39pm
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 5th Apr, 2017 - 12:02am
The 9.11 Conspiracy: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 22nd Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm
Another 9/11: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 11th Jan, 2016 - 4:57am

Updated every: 14 minutes