How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 2 of 35

Dear jerry, living in a big city like Chicago, - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th Mar, 2003 - 2:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
4th Jan, 2003 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 2

Hey Des, welcome to the forum!. Yes, things in Trini are not like they used to. Things are tough, particularly crime. I don't know really what's going on, I cannot believe not much is being done to improve the actual circumnstances....

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2003 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Here is something of a positive nature within this thread (just for Des). Got it from someone in my email. Don't know who wrote it, but will be glad to give them credit if I am pointed to it.

We live in a beautiful world of colour

That is mankind's golden heritage.
Blue is a royal primary colour
That characterizes the colour of the heavens by day;
Yellow is another of the primary colours

That is abundantly seen in many a flower;
Then there is red, the final primary colour--seen so abundantly
In the colour of blood, flowers, and many other things.
From these three primaries, God has created a World of lovely colour.

We bless the artist and craftspeople
Who have discovered the wonder, beauty, and power of colours;
And through these colours, have help to shape our moods
Of joy, comfort, beauty, happiness, love, and peace.
Because of the impact of colour in our lives
These artisans have learnt to apply the principles
Of these colours with meaningful effect in their works aplenty,
Which they have expressed, covered, or clothed in robes
That have been constructed purely of such colours.

But beyond this, the physicists
Join with the artists in their primal discoveries,
And have learnt another aspect of the world of colour,
That is, they have seen the additional dimension
That arises when these three primary colours are blended

In primary to primary modes in producing secondary colours;
And primary and secondary colours in further combinative integration
Create other powerful lovely hues or shades of colour,
Of which the rainbow is the primary illustrative exemplar.

Once a man from South Africa, Archbishop Desmond Tutu for sure,
Came to an island Columbus named La Trinity, now Trinidad ...
He was delighted as he saw people of many different colours--
White, black yellow, and several shades in between
Blending and living under the umbrella of peaceful racial harmony ...
A blending that he never before saw, except in the lovely land of La Trinity--
Of its people, cultures, creeds, and races.
Blessed were his eyes and senses for what he saw,
And he happily proclaimed of Trinidad: "This is a rainbow country."

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2003 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Cool quote JB@Trinidad.  If only it could get back that state of all living in peaceful harmony not only among diferrent creeeds and  races but within the same creeds and races! As the saying goes   All it takes for evil to survive/thrive is for good people to do nothing. Something like that anyway.  Unfortunately it is a worldwide problem - but within an island as small as Trinidad - one would have thought there would be more chance of doing something positive about it.

8th Jan, 2003 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

All it takes for evil to survive/thrive is for good people to do nothing

How true it is... and the thing is when you try to tell the typical Trinidadians about improvement and progression they get angry because they are in a 'comfort zone'. It is so hard for people to change, especially when their culture surrounds partying, drinking and vice. I firmly believe if the people of trinidad & Tobago had to fight for their freedom and independence then they would not 'accept' everything dished out to them.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2003 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Don't just be patriotic and reply, but think about the following FIRST:

Before you answer, picture these things:
1. Do you feel safe when you go shopping?
I use to live in Marabella SanFernando and back in those days it was safe to be out shopping. Now am not so sure.

2. Do you feel that you are being watched or targeted?
Not living there now so i can't answer this.

3. Are you certain that school teachers are giving your children the best education?
My kids are all grown. smile.gif

4. When you call the police do they respond right away?
Can't answer this one either. smile.gif

5. If you were unemployed are there good welfare services?
///////Don't know. But i hope they are.

6. When you go to a public hospital are you treated well?
When i was living in Tobago and had to have surgery they took care of me. But, i can't say the same for my Aunt she had to be on her death bed for them to tell us what was wrong with her all the months before she was on the verge of dying and then tell us she needs surgery when it was too late. >:( sad.gif

7. Is your salary paying your bills?
Don't apply. smile.gif for me, but my sons told me they are ok.

8. Do you have all the basic utilities 24/7?
I hope my family does have the basis utilities 24/7:).

9. Do you find the people helpful and friendly?
In Tobago,,,people are very friendly and helpful.

10. Is the country itself beautiful?
My country Tobago is very beautiful and i love it dearly. smile.gif

These questions pertain to the 'family' and not just the individual.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2003 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I can't believe the number of comments about Trini people being unfriendly. I live in the USA and have visited T'Dad many times and have always enjoyed the people. My wife is Trinidadian and we are moving to T'DAD in June when our house in the South get's completed. I can't wait to leave behind the fast pace and just LIME for awhile. As far as the crime goe's I believe we have more crime on a daily basis in Chicago than the entire country of T'DAD. You just need to put it in perspective.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Mar, 2003 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 2

My wife is Trinidadian and we are moving to T'DAD in June when our house in the South get's completed. I can't wait to leave behind the fast pace and just LIME for awhile. As far as the crime goe's I believe we have more crime on a daily basis in Chicago than the entire country of T'DAD. You just need to put it in perspective.

Why are you moving here? You leave the US to be in a country so full of crime? Do not let anyone know your business... there are a lot of kiddnappings here, especially if they know you are coming from the US the bandits here will be seeing dollars. As for Chicago you cannot compare a small island in the Caribbean with a huge city in a country with over 250 million people! This is a tiny place. Everyone knows everyone, there should be more peace, but the kind of killings and happenings here per square mile would rival even New York I am sure. Just because you did not read about it in the Express or Guardian online does not mean it does not exist. Not trying to scare you, but just trying to show reality.

26th Mar, 2003 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Dear jerry, living in a big city like Chicago, Trinidad can sound like a paradise lol. But to be on vacation and to LIVE is quiet different but has to do a lot with how you are, what kind of life you would like to live, your standards, etc.
I don't know what part in the South you will be living but I can tell you the things are really tough in crime issues. You hear about kidnappings all the time. A couple of weeks ago, were 4 kidnappings in a week! (2 of them were children). Remember that this is a tiny island for such a high crime rate! you cannot compare it with the huge city of Chicago.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (35) »

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,