Sued for Dowloading Music

Sued Dowloading Music - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 7th Sep, 2003 - 1:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
The law will get you
Sued for Dowloading Music Related Information to Sued for Dowloading Music
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2003 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I just read this article online that my sister book marked when she was online.. The article says music industries are sending sopenas out to people all over the US and Canada who have downloaded music from things like kazaa and suing them! something like $750 min a song.... I use limewire and so does everyone I know.... Anyone else hear anything more about this?

Sponsored Links:
1st Aug, 2003 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Music Dowloading Sued

:spock: See the thread on this board about 'Kazaa' which I am sure is something similar to what you use.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2003 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sued for Dowloading Music Gaming Video & Issues Computer

For real Xtra its true I can't wait to get my letter in the mail I've never been sued before so its exciting don't you think?

2nd Aug, 2003 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Music Dowloading Sued

It will not be that exciting if the letter sends you straight behind bars. Don't wish for what you are not prepared to face, anyhow you're in Trinidad! laugh.gif

2nd Aug, 2003 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Music Dowloading Sued

spock.gif I believe Chaos is being sarcastic, however there is no laughing matter here since the level of piracy in Trinidad is way out of control. Trinidad has signed agreements that allow for external companies to prosecute those in violation of copyright laws. Therefore a company in the US could take to court an offender here, but of course it is highly unlikely and thus this is where the so called, 'luck' comes in. As for the downloading of music... I am glad it is being enforced. Piracy actually causes products to go up in many cases.

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I was reading on CBSNews.com where many of the U.S. colleges and universities are urging students to not use the high speed internet connections to download and swap music files.

Schools: Stop The Music Swapping

Students arriving for fall classes at colleges across the country are facing technological hurdles and stern warnings aimed at ending swapping of music and movie files over high-speed campus Internet connections.

Several of the universities are responding to a recording industry campaign to control the rampant copying of files over peer-to-peer networks.

Among other things, campuses are distributing brochures, running ads in student newspapers and devoting school Web pages to information on copyright infringement.

https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/07/24/...ain564913.shtml

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2003 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sued Dowloading Music

Music file-swap amnesty planned
Recording industry won't sue those who delete downloads

The recording industry is expected to announce as early as next week an amnesty program for people who admit they illegally share music files across the Internet, promising not to sue them in exchange for their admission and pledge to delete the songs off their computers.

https://www.msnbc.com/news/962194.asp?0cv=TB10

Hmm, so these people that come forward are supposed to sign a notarized statment and agree to delete all music files and not download again. I wonder how many people will go that route to keep from being sued?

7th Sep, 2003 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Sued Dowloading Music Computer Issues & Video Gaming

...sign a notarized statment and agree to delete all music files and not download again.

:laugh: They are not really serious right? If they keep doing that then people will just download more freely because they will feel it is all a joke. Or maybe it is because they can't prove it without spending lots of money in court.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Sued for Dowloading Music

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,