Ever heard of Kazaa?

Ever Heard Kazaa - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 21st Jul, 2003 - 2:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Your views on Internet File Sharing
Ever heard of Kazaa? Related Information to Ever heard of Kazaa?
24th May, 2003 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

Ever heard of Kazaa?

Kazaa is a community file sharing program that can be downloaded for free on the net, but did you know it is the #1 downloaded program?

From CNN:

MOST DOWNLOADED PROGRAM ON THE WEB?

Sharman Networks said its Kazaa file-sharing software was on track to set a
record Friday as it becomes the most-popular free program on the Web with over
230 million downloads.
https://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/05/2...reut/index.html

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jun, 2003 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Kazaa heard Ever

Of recent their has been some new programmes that get rid of the spyware attached to Kazaa. I have used them personally and noticed a great improvement in downloading time, especially through a dialup connection.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2003 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Ever heard of Kazaa?
A Friend

Ever heard of Kazaa? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I have used the Kazaa program, but I had alot of problems with pop up ads computer programs crashing and many aggravating system disconnects, while trying to use the Kazaa software.  :(  A friend of mine recommended KazaaLite.  This program blocks the sites that cause pop ups and the download times are better (even with a dial up connection).  I now use KazaaLite and I believe that it is much better than the regular Kazaa program.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2003 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Ever heard of Kazaa?
A Friend

Kazaa heard Ever

Well, I just caught this news tidbit about filesharing.

Traffic to filesharing sites drops

Visits fall as recording industry threatens suits
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Facing the threat of lawsuits from a music industry trade group, fewer people are using online filesharing applications to swap songs, according to data released Monday.

Internet audience measurement service Nielsen Net Ratings said traffic on Kazaa, the leading filesharing platform, fell 15 percent in the week ended July 6 from the previous week.....

https://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/...reut/index.html

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2003 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Ever heard of Kazaa?
A Friend

Kazaa heard Ever

I've got Kazaa Lite - that's the version without the popups.
Although I mainly use kazaa to sample songs - I normally like them and end i'm buying them - i'm a good boy tongue.gif

18th Jul, 2003 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Ever heard of Kazaa?

i'm a good boy

That is good wink.gif

:spock: Okay, so that is the possible consequence, but how do you enforce the internet? Maybe they will invent a keyboard that automatically locks your wrists if you try to download something illegal. :smile.gif

BILL WOULD JAIL INTERNET SONG SWAPPERS

Internet users who allow others to copy songs from their hard drives could
face prison time under legislation introduced by two Democratic lawmakers
Wednesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/07/1...reut/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2003 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Ever heard of Kazaa?
A Friend

Ever heard Kazaa

You know, this raises the question: If you're not supposed to download music, why do we even have a cd or dvd burner?  Most, if not all, computers now come with a cd burner or dvd burner as a standard part of the computer.  If we're not supposed to be burning copies of music cds or dvds, why does it come with the burner to begin with?  And why can you copy them to your hard drive to begin with?  I mean, you can copy music cds and then share them online.  If the record companies want to stop all the music piracy, then maybe they should come up with a way to keep people from being able to copy it to the hard drive to share on the net or burn mulitiple copies of the cd.  I don't think this law will last.  It will be difficult to enforce it and it would take months for them to track down some of these people that constantly use the software to share files.

21st Jul, 2003 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Ever heard Kazaa Computer Issues & Video Gaming

You know, this raises the question: If you're not supposed to download music, why do we even have a cd or dvd burner?

:spock: There are many answers for this... choose which one you like, but they are all true;

1. They can sell a system for more if they sell you the hardware, they are not responsible for how you use it.
2. Some labels allow you to make backups of purchased CDs if it is done for personal use only, but you have to read the rights of each manufacturer. (yes, that is a task)
3. Some may sell software and need to make CDs. I sell my own ebook and so this is a valuable tool for me. https://www.ttgospel.com
[hr]

They are really going after the pirates now. So those of you who are not good little boys and girls will have to watch out for a subpoena.

BATTLE OVER SONG PIRACY FLARES

The music industry has issued at least 871 federal subpoenas against computer
users this month suspected of illegally sharing music files on the Internet,
with roughly 75 new subpoenas being approved each day, U.S. court officials said
Friday.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...41001%2C00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Ever heard of Kazaa?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,