Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 13 of 13

I believe that addiction is when you cannot - Page 13 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 2.2 Days Ago

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 12 61 223 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  « First of 13 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       20.51%
  No       61.54%
  I am not sure       17.95%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 98
Avg: 1.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 25.4%
[+] Gain: 589.75 FP
Charm: 25
I agree. If you can accept it while also keeping it in check by not allowing it to take over you're life, I think it's fine. I had a buddy that lost his job and his friends because he became over-immersed in WoW. He would show up late/not at all to work because his guild was going on raids, or he'd be a no call no show for our PnP gaming night. That's too far. All he had to do was say he didn't want to get together anymore and we would have been fine. Repeatedly flaking out without a heads up when we know your guild sets that stuff up months in advance though is just a jerk move.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2.2 Days Ago / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 72
Avg: 10.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 68.50 FP
Charm: 6
I believe that addiction is when you cannot function adequately without the games. I've definitely had games that I've spent all day thinking about, even when I'm not playing. That being said, I've never let it affect my sleep and eating cycles. When it gets to that point, the behavior becomes destructive. Games in and of themselves are not dangerous, but when you are no longer getting exercise and spending all hours on the couch, this is a problem. I've had acquaintances lose their jobs because they stopped going to work when a new game came out. THIS is addiction.

Guest please SHARE: "Overcoming Game Addiction" on:

+  « First of 13 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 
Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Overcoming Game Addiction Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
, please check your grammar before submitting. ?

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Unanswered

The below Topics have Zero Replies, can you be the first to comment on one or more of them?
Updated: Every 30 mins.

Highlights

Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Abnninja 3.2 Days Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 5.7 Days Ago
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 6.3 Days Ago
Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By News 6.6 Days Ago
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By JB 1 Week Ago
Your Avatar: We have renovated our Avatar Gallery. If you have not already done so please select a new Avatar. See details: here. By JB 1 Week Ago
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 1 Week Ago
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 9th Apr, 2017 - 2:02am
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 5th Apr, 2017 - 12:02am
The 9.11 Conspiracy: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 22nd Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm
Donald Trump & Muslims: Can Trump stop Islamist without aggrevating the Middle East? By Abnninja 14th Mar, 2017 - 10:44pm
Another 9/11: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 11th Jan, 2016 - 4:57am

Updated every: 14 minutes