Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View - Page 2 of 22

I like your perspective on this, LDS. You - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 18th May, 2004 - 5:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (22) »
Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Gay Marriage & Religion - As various countries arouns the world legalize same sex marriage how does it affect your religious view point?
Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Related Information to Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View
20th Feb, 2004 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View - Page 2

Tena I do understand what you mean, technically you're correct about homosexual marriages should have the same rights than an a heterosexual marriage but personally I will not defend the issue or try to promote it in any way even if it may appear as 'unfair' because I don't think gay couples should be allow to get married in the first place even if it may be 'legal' in some places, I think it's wrong, therefore I will not bother to see whether they have tax burdens or not.

20th Feb, 2004 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

LDS, I understand what you are saying. I have felt that way in the past. I am just not sure how I feel now. Probably because I work with more than one person who is gay so I know them as people and I then end up having empathy for their personal situations.

Let me be clear, though, that I have no plans to do anything to support gay rights. It is just an issue that has been all over the news in Massachusetts lately because of the ruling saying we must allow gay marriage in Massachusetts so it is an issue I have been forced to give some thought to.

I do believe that homosexual activity is wrong. Not the inclination towards it, but the action to actually embrace it. So, I am not saying it is o.k. with me that people do this. However, it is something they choose to do and something that isn't illegal, at least in Massachusetts, so if it isn't illegal, shouldn't it be protected?

I don't know. I really don't want to see gay couples allowed to be married. Even after all that I have said in previous posts. Yes, I have given it a lot of thought, and yes, I am beginning to wonder if it is fair to discriminate, but yet in my heart, I don't want to see it happen. I think it is just one more step down the wrong path, yet.....I just don't know.

21st Feb, 2004 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View Beliefs Religious General

I know how you feel Tena, you are feeling pity and sorry for your friends but do not let that love you feel for your friends blind fold you and start to question whether they're right or wrong. We love our children very much and sometimes they do things that are wrong and when we try to correct them and show them the right way they may cry and make you feel guilty and because of our love for them sometimes we just let it pass but doesn't change the fact that they did something wrong and it doesn't change our love for them.
I have several gay friends in Argentina, some of them, even in my Church and we did lots of things together and I loved them dearly and one of them continued being my friend even after he left the Church and went to live with another man but he perfectly knows how I feel about the whole thing and because he's my friend and he loves me, he understood my position. This is not a matter of discrimination as most people see it, this is a matter of common sense. I do feel sorry for the gay couples who have strong feelings to each other and they may want to 'legalize' these feelings in marriage but they're not allow too, but my feeling of sorry doesn't make me doubt about the sacredness in marriage and that marriage must be between a man and a woman, no matter how sorry I feel for them or how much I love my dear friends, I still feeling and thinking the same way because I know what's the right thing to do. Let's not get confused, just because something is consider 'legal' in a place it doesn't make it 'right', abortion and other evils are 'legal' in some places....does it mean that God approves it?. I don't think so, this applies to same sex marriages in my opinion.

21st Feb, 2004 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

Let's not get confused, just because something is consider 'legal' in a place it doesn't make it 'right', abortion and other evils are 'legal' in some places....does it mean that God approves it?. I don't think so, this applies to same sex marriages in my opinion.

I agree with you 100% LDS. My thoughts are secular not religious. You make some very good points in comparing to our children when they want to do something that we know is wrong. Your post helps me a lot. I need to give what you have said some more thought because it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks.

3rd Mar, 2004 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

View Religious Marriage Sex - Homosexuality

Here is a link to a commentary about this issue. I know that we are all overwhelmed by the sheer number of commentaries, but this one is different than all others, in the facts cited regarding other countries.
https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=37410

I find the assaults against other people's civil rights to be the worst part of the entire discussion about homosexual marriage and "rights."

NightHawk

Post Date: 7th May, 2004 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View

Where is the dividing line between correct and incorrect?

METHODISTS PROPOSE FORMAL CHURCH SPLIT
United Methodist evangelicals said Thursday that their church should split after three decades of discord over homosexuality, signaling a deep rift in the nation's third-largest denomination.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...61424%2C00.html

Post Date: 17th May, 2004 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Homosexuality - Sex Marriage Religious View - Page 2

GAY COUPLES GET NUPTIAL LICENSES

City clerks began handing out marriage-license applications to gay couples just after midnight today, making Massachusetts the first state in the nation to legalize same-sex unions and the United States just one of four countries in the world where homosexuals can legally wed.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...63824%2C00.html

The separation of church and state may be a legal issue, but for many voters, there is no such separation. It is taken as something of a given today that the evangelical community will favor the Republican Party, with broad agreement on social issues and the President's open declaration of his faith. That's not something new for presidents. Jimmy Carter was quite open about his religious beliefs. And churches can be quite effective at mobilizing voters.

Out in Colorado, a Catholic bishop declared that any voter who votes for a politician who supports abortion rights, or gay marriage for that matter, should not take communion. This may be one of the most aggressive forays into the political world by a religious figure in a long time. Will this dissuade voters, and affect the election? Is it appropriate for a religious figure to, in essence, endorse the positions of one politician over another, of one party over the other? Will voters, and churchgoers, pay attention? After all, as the bishop admits, there really is no way to enforce this, but what a bishop says does carry weight

Ref. Leroy Sievers and the Nightline Staff ABCNEWS Washington D.C.

Post Date: 18th May, 2004 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View
A Friend

Homosexuality - Sex Marriage Religious View General Religious Beliefs - Page 2

I like your perspective on this, LDS. You make tons of sense. I have had quite a few gay friends and acquaintences, almost all of whom I respected greatly. However, I do not agree with the decisions they make. If it's going to be decided upon, it should be done on the state level, and most fairly through a vote. However, I would not support legalization of gay marriage in any way.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (22) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Homosexuality - Same Sex Marriage - Religious View

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,