Tobago Crime - Page 2 of 3

Name: NICK Comments: I was mugged at Back - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 12th Jun, 2010 - 9:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Trinidad Tobago Crime in Tobago
Tobago Crime Related Information to Tobago Crime
Make sure to also visit: Crime TTCrime.com
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2009 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Tobago Crime
A Friend

Tobago Crime - Page 2

Thanks TriniSpanish, I was considering moving to Speyside, Tobago in the hopes that since it is a smaller village away from most of the higher populated areas and in the "country" that the crime rate would be less. Is there a online directory that I could look up the phone number of the police station for that town and inquire of them?

Sponsored Links:
10th Oct, 2009 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Crime Tobago

Hi Adam. How familiar are you with Tobago or the country in general? Have you lived here before? (no vacationing). I ask because I'm also a foreigner but living in Trinidad at the moment. Why are you moving from the US to here? I know it may sound tempting specially Tobago because of the beaches and Speyside because of the diving but I would not recommend living in far away areas anywhere in Trinidad or Tobago, particularly when you're coming with your kids. You would be taking a big risk.

Speyside is just a fishing village and you will definetely stand out as well as your kids (of course, assuming you're "white"). What I'm concerned about is the brutal crimes that have been taken place in Tobago (towards foreigners) lately with no apparent motive. Also you have to think in job opportunities as well as schooling for your kids (definetely the schools will look and be quite primitive to whatever school you're sending your kids in the US). Let's not even start with public health facilities.

If you put yourself to live in a desolated area, you're putting yourself (and kids) even more at risk in my opinion. Please think very well what you're going to do.

I don't believe the police station will be of any help, specially because a lot of times police officers are involved in crime related activities as well, so please be very careful what kind of information you will be providing to a voice on a telephone.

The police station for Speyside is Charlottetown Police Station 660-4385. Not sure how updated that phone number is.

Here is also a couple of links related to the crime in Tobago:

Source 2

Source 2

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the best.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2009 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Tobago Crime
A Friend

Tobago Crime Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Thank you very much LDS_forever. I really appreciate your advice and information. Unfortunately, we may be forced to move out of the USA and since my wife is Trinidadian this is the place where we have to go. You were right in assuming that I am white but my wife is black and she will fit in nicely. Our children though are mixed and as such may be in some danger. I am considering leaving them in the States where they would be safer. I was also considering Barbados but my wife and I would have to find work there before moving there. Time is running short for us so that is why I was trying to find somewhere out of the way that would be relatively safe in T&T.

11th Oct, 2009 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Crime Tobago

There are some nice neighborhoods in Trinidad (quite safe) where expats and Americans working here live. One of them is Westmoorings. You have also Bayshore and Goodwood Park. Please feel free to visit that thread if you need more information. If you want to discuss more about crime in Tobago then you can reply here.

2nd Nov, 2009 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Crime Tobago

Another foreigner murdered in Tobago. In this case a German engineer called Peter Taut

14th Dec, 2009 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Tobago Crime

According to TV6 they caught the killers of the double murder over the weekend in Tobago. The two men caught seemed to be seasoned criminals.

The murder rate for Tobago is 15 for 2009, the highest its ever been for Tobago.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th May, 2010 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Tobago Crime - Page 2

Five Murders In Tobago 2010

The latest is an East Indian man killing his wife / companion and then committing suicide.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Tobago Crime Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Name: NICK

Comments: I was mugged at Back Bay Tobago(nr My Irvine) in December 2009 at 11.30 in the morning by a local masked guy who attacked me and my daughter with a machete at the turning circle above the beach. He was high as a kite and thank god I had cash with me to get rid of him. The Carnbee police admit there are a small number of heavy drug using local beach boys who are now regularly attacking foreigners. They have excellent fingerprints off our hire jeep, but quelle surprise,6 months later the scoundrel is still free and abusing. I think drugs in the Plymouth area is a key issue. Beware the lovely deserted coves unless you have reinforcements.I love Tobago ,but the crime risk is most definitely up as bad habits spread from Trinidad.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Tobago Crime

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,