Your Avatar - Page 2 of 3

Changing Available Avatars Soon we will be - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 21st Apr, 2016 - 3:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Top  Your Avatar
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Your Avatar
A Friend

Your Avatar - Page 2

I am mixed on this. I like seeing others so I can get a feel for them when reading their posts, but I also like the cool avatars that can be used that aren't pictures of us.

I think you can get a sense of the person by the picture, but it might not be the right sense. So, it is better to use a generic avatar at first. After everyone had an opinion, then maybe change to your picture. But, I think I will keep the one I am using now.

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2005 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

I really wouldn't like to see my picture as an avatar. Not that I don't like the way I look or that I'm afraid of others opinion about my looks, but I wouldn't feel comfortable to look at my picture while I'm posting. I'm very happy with the avatar I have now and I don't have any intention to change it. biggrin.gif

21st Dec, 2005 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Your Avatar Feedback & FAQ News Community

Why does looking at your own picture make you feel uncomfortable?

21st Dec, 2005 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Avatar Your

Doesn't really bother me at all JB. Looking at my own picture may be depressing at times lol but I wouldn't say uncomfortable. If I ever get around to taking a half way recent picture of myself I am planning to have it put on here. Maybe I can get one during Christmas.

21st Dec, 2005 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Bwren, that is good, I am glad you have decided to go with it, and remember your upgrade entitles you to a custom avatar, so send it over to me with instructions.

As for me, my avatar really does not serve as a distraction, but rather as a point of location, it seems to immediately identify a thread without having to look at a text name. Additionally, I have changed my avatar to be more 'normal' rather than the Matrix look.

6th Apr, 2006 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Your Avatar

international QUOTE (JB @ 20-Dec 05, 8:49 PM)
As for me, my avatar really does not serve as a distraction, but rather as a point of location, it seems to immediately identify a thread without having to look at a text name.

That is what I like about the avatars too, and I also really enjoy seeing what people look like. I think it is not absolutely necessary, you can get to know them of course without seeing their picture, but it puts the discussion on a more personal level in my opinion.

I don't mind having myself stare back at me as my avatar, but maybe that is because I chose what I thought was a decent pic of me! biggrin.gif Although I look different now because I got a haircut. But it is surely more me than the previous avatar I had before I got enough FP to put my pic on. I had toad and then the princess from Nintendo. While I did enjoy nintendo years ago, I no longer play video games.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Apr, 2006 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Your Avatar - Page 2

I have just recently changed my avatar to a current picture of myself that I actually like very much. My old one never bothered me however I do prefer my new one. I also believe that having a face to associate with the posts of others helps to put everything on a more personal level which is very nice.

international QUOTE (dimavo)
but maybe that is because I chose what I thought was a decent pic of me!

Decent? I would say really nice actually. It is a very beautiful picture of you. I am very glad that you chose to save up the FP to add your picture as your avatar.

I would encourage everyone (Coughing *Babyblues*) to put there picture as their avatar. It really does give each post just a little something extra.

21st Apr, 2016 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Your Avatar Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

Changing Available Avatars

Soon we will be doing some Avatar renovations by substituting older possibly copyrighted graphics that were once circulated in the public domain for Avatars that do not infringe on anyone's rights. This is in keeping with the site's attempt to make sure all graphics and intellectual property is: credited appropriately, permission secured, license obtained or unique to this site.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Your Avatar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,