Neo Vs. Seraph

Neo Vs Seraph - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 12th Jan, 2006 - 6:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
2nd Sep, 2004 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Neo Vs. Seraph

Matrix

In another thread I talked about the Zion people vs. each other, but now I want to talk about the people who are actually from the source. Notice that Neo shined the same way that Seraph did. They fought against each other and both seemed equal in skill. How about if they really did fight - who would win? Keep in mind, both are from the source and although Neo is a 'test' program (meaning he still makes a choice), it seems that Seraph is restricted to only protect 'that which matters most'. He even is his own little 'key maker' ( a power Neo does not have) so he has a lot of power. What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2004 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Seraph Vs Neo

Matrix

Neo was clearly more of an asset to the people of Zion than Seraph was, otherwise, they could have used him in their quest instead of bothering with liberating Neo. Remember, Seraph protected the Oracle, and Morpheus was very close to the Oracle, so if Seraph was that powerful, why would they need Neo? I have no doubt that Neo could have defeated Seraph but I believe they both realized they were 'good' programs and their fight was basically to feel each other out. Do you think Seraph could manipulate the Matrix to the point of being able to fly in it, like Neo?

3rd Sep, 2004 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Neo Vs. Seraph RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

I believe that there is more to Seraph than meets the eye. I think he knows a lot more than he lets on. Although he protects the Oracle, you will notice he does not say that he is there to protect her... he says he is there to protect that which matters most. You will also notice that he was not always around the Oracle so I believe he was in fact protecting the prospects of success of what Neo and the Oracle wanted to accomplish rather than one specific person. Now, back to the subject, because Seraph keeps this aura of mystery I have to say that he may just give Neo more of a fight than you think, probably Seraph has powers to even stop Neo if that was necessary, after all he was from the source and Neo was from the same place and the system would not make Neo more powerful than the system otherwise that would be counterproductive.

4th Sep, 2004 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Seraph Vs Neo

Matrix

Although he protects the Oracle, you will notice he does not say that he is there to protect her... he says he is there to protect that which matters most

Exactly, in my opinion as I stated in other thread, 'what matters the most' is the future, that's why in the last movie, you don't see him protecting the Oracle but the little indian girl who represents the 'future'.

I think Seraph could have been a great fighter and even have hidden powers but he was programmed to 'defend' not to really attack. His job is to protect, to defend so even though he may have the powers and abilities to beat Neo, that's not his job.

2nd Apr, 2005 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Seraph Vs Neo

Matrix

In Revolutions, Seraph tells Smith that he has beaten him before, and Smith acknowledges this. It must have been when Smith was just an agent. We never see what happens after that, but the assumption is that Smith took over both Sati and Seraph. Taking into account that Smith and Neo are equals, then Neo could have beaten Seraph. I believe this is why Seraph stops the fight when they first meet, because he knows it is pointless and suicide to fight Neo at full strength.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2005 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Neo Vs. Seraph
A Friend

Neo Vs. Seraph

I disagree, I think that Seraph stopped the fight because he got what he was looking for. He was able to know Neo on a different level. I'm am not sure that he would have lost to Neo in a full fledged fight. If he was forced to defend what matters most against Neo, I'm not sure he would lose. If he too was able to beat an agent at one point, then he was able to do what only Neo had done in the past. I do agree with the statement that Seraph was meant only to depend and not go on the offensive accept when needed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2006 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Neo Vs. Seraph

Matrix

Seraph stopped fighting Neo, because he merely had to be sure that he was the one, as he says, "You do not truly know someone until you fight them."

Seraph is a sort of "Equilibrium," with Neo, however as Morpheus even states to Neo in the Agent training Program, "Agents are bound by the rules of the Matrix (Such as programs like Seraph are) and so they can never be a strong as you can be."

Basically yes Neo is the more powerful one. But if Seraph were human, there would have been quite a match between them if they were really fighting it out.

Reconcile Edited: Seraph on 12th Jan, 2006 - 6:22pm

12th Jan, 2006 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Neo Vs. Seraph Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

QUOTE (Seraph)
Seraph is a sort of "Equilibrium," with Neo, however as Morpheus even states to Neo in the Agent training Program, "Agents are bound by the rules of the Matrix (Such as programs like Seraph are) and so they can never be a strong as you can be."

That is a very good point, but one has to wonder if Seraph really had the same bounds as other programs. You will notice that Seraph was able to use the back doors a lot like the keymaker, but we are not told how he got this access. Now, keeping to the topic I believe that Neo would have the edge only because of the one move he made against Seraph with his frontal trust that made Seraph go backwards. It was after that move that Seraph stopped him or maybe I am reading too much into the fight.

Offtopic but,
I am disappointed that we do not see the Seraph / Smith fight which also probably proves that Seraph was not as powerful as Neo.

Lastly, Member Seraph, you may fit in well with our in-house RPG called, "Plugged", but you have to upgrade.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Neo Vs. Seraph

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.