Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 15 of 21

Ok, I had a look at it. You spent too many - Page 15 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2013 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 21 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (21) »
Closed
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons Bumi World Setting Only Players and those interested in participating in Dungeons & Dragons Bumi world with Bruconero as Dungeon Master should Post in this Thread.
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval Related Information to Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval
5th Jan, 2013 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 15

Updated with correct skills and weight fixed

Ja'laron Jabari
Male Human Rogue 1
Chaotic Good
Religion: Felnuus
Representing Mike

Strength 13 (+1)
Dexterity 16 (+3)
Constitution 10 (+0)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 15 (+2)
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 145 lb
Skin: Tan
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark Brown Straight; Beardless

Total Hit Points: 6
Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 14 = 10 +1 [padded] +3 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 11
Initiative modifier: +3 = +3 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +0 = 0 [base]
Reflex save: +5 = 2 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Will save: +1 = 0 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +1 = 0 [base] +1 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +1 = 0 [base] +1 [strength]
Attack (missile): +3 = 0 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +1 = 0 [base] +1 [strength]

Light load: 50 lbs or less
Medium load: 51-100 lbs
Heavy load: 101-150 lbs
Lift over head: 150 lbs
Lift off ground:300 lbs
Push or drag: 750 lbs

Languages: Common Dwarven Elven

Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]
Rapier [1d6, crit 18-20/x2, 2 lb., one-handed, piercing]
Shortbow [1d6, crit x3, range inc. 60 ft., 2 lb., piercing]
Padded armor [light; +1 AC; max dex +8; check penalty 0; 10 lb.]

Feats:
Point Blank Shot
Rapid Shot

Traits:
Skill Name Key Ability Skill Modifier Ability Modifier Ranks Misc. Modifier
Appraise Int 3 = +2 +1
Balance Dex* 4 = +3 +1
Bluff Cha 4 = +2 +2
Climb Str* 2 = +1 +1
Decipher Script Int 3 = +2 +1
Diplomacy Cha 5 = +2 +3
Disable Device Dex 4 = +3 +1
Disguise Cha 3 = +2 +1
Escape Artist Dex* 4 = +3 +1
Forgery Int 6 = +2 +4
Gather Information Cha 4 = +2 +2
Hide Dex* 5 = +3 +2
Intimidate Cha 3 = +2 +1
Knowledge (history) Int 2.5 = +2 +0.5
Knowledge (local) Int 4 = +2 +2
Knowledge (nobility) Int 3.5 = +2 +1.5
Listen Wis 2 = +1 +1
Move Silently Dex* 5 = +3 +2
Open Lock Dex 6 = +3 +3
Profession (Steward) Wis 2 = +1 +1
Ride Dex 4 = +3 +1
Search Int 4 = +2 +2
Sense Motive Wis 2 = +1 +1
Sleight of Hand Dex* 4 = +3 +1
Spot Wis 3 = +1 +2
Tumble Dex* 4 = +3 +1
Use Magic Device Cha 3 = +2 +1

Human:
Extra feat at first level (already included)
Four extra skill points at first level (already included)
One extra skill point at each additional level (already included)

Rogue:
Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding

Class HP rolled
Level 1: Rogue 6

Ja'laron Jabari's Equipment:
Arrows (quiver of 20) x1
Backpack
Blanket, winter x1
Candle
Case (for map or scroll)
Flint and steel
Ink vial x3
Ink pen x3
Paper sheets x3
Parchment sheets x6
Pouch x3
Rations (1 day) x1
Sacks x1
Sealing wax
Signet ring (Soria Merchant Guild, Soria Ambassador of The Neck, and Soria Port Authority) x3
Torches x1
Vial (for ink or potions) x3
Waterskins x1
Thieves' tools
Courtier's outfit
Traveler's outfit

Total Weight 48 lbs

More about Ja'laron Jabari:
The Ambassador as he is sometimes called by friends is from Sor but has been the helper to Soria Steward to The Neck for sometime. While not of noble birth Jalaron has had access to the courts of most of Soria and The Neck. When he was younger he was stealing from a local Stewards house when he overheard them talking about needing more assistants. He quietly watched as they shifted through letters of recommendations on the desk. When the Stewards went to dinner, he sneaked into the office and studied the letters. He figured that this was a easy life and wrote his own letter of recommendation and removed some of the stronger ones. He would hand deliver the letter in the morning knowing that the Ambassador did not want to wait for someone to travel. He was hired on the spot. While he had no intention of being a Steward, it seemed that all the skills that he had learned on the street made him very effective at his new job. While his exposure is mainly to the low level officals he has a keen ear and ability to pick up knowledge that is often hidden in rantings and idle chatter of political chambers. He has recently sought to find a different life outside of running errands for nobility. Some whisper it is because of a questionable letter relieving his father from a large amount of debt that caused him to seek a new life. He is still used from time to time by the Steward because of his good rapport with many of the other Stewards. He is known in small circles to have the ability to abtain hard to find rits, decrees, and letters. No one has questioned these items because of his station and they have all the required seals.

Appearance:
Ja'laron wears quality travel gear without being pompous. He still maintains his courtier gear but only wears it when needed. You can see his Rapier (a gentlemen's) weapon on his hip and a shortbow across his back. Hidden within his cloak are 3 daggers with the hilt on another seen in his boot. His leather backpack is slung across his back, packed full, with a think winter blanket rolled on top. You can see three full pouches and a scroll case hanging from his belt. He has no other markings, tattoos, or scars. He is a well groomed, handsome by common standards.

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2013 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Sgtlee, Ja'laron Jabari is approved and ready to enter the world of Bumi. You can ask any further question, or start interacting with the rest of the party, posting in the Player Hub Thread. You can also start editing your avatar for the game (click "Edit" under the empty avatar after your first post) and your special slots (which is done updating your profile infos). I will fit you in the game as soon as possible (I just need a chance and a logical way to introduce you in the story). But I will be fast. By the way, I read somewhere that you are stationed in Okinawa. It means that you have a similar timeline to me and iCon.

21st Feb, 2013 - 6:28am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Hey Bruconero, do you have room in your campaign for one more? I'm thinking of rolling an Elven Ranger.

21st Feb, 2013 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Page 15 Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

I'm not actively looking for new players, that's why I addressed you to KittenPunk's game when I greeted you. But I'm not refusing anybody either. We lost our Ranger on the way so your character would be most welcome.

Just have a look at the setting rules and description, further down the Member Wars page (long time I don't update it). I forgot to write there: each character chooses freely the starting equipment (only standard items) and starts out with 5 silver and 5 copper coins. No metal shields and nothing more than a padded armor for protection (the excuse for this is that metal and armors are rare but the real reason is that a good armor class would unbalance the game in this moment).

We start from level 1. Make sure to draw your background according to the setting. Thank you for taking interest in our adventures in Bumi.

22nd Feb, 2013 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Jeaal Elf-Arrow Elven Ranger Lv 1
Hp=11
Ac=10+5+0=15

[Strength]-13
[Dexterity]-20
Int-16
[Wisdom]-14
[Constitution]-12
[Charisma]-13
Height=5'8
Weight=155
Hair=White, Long

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Religion:Milnar

Fortitude: 2+0=2
Reflex: 2+5=7
Will: 0+2=2
Initiative: 5+0=5

Melee: 1+1+0=2
Ranged: 1+5+0=6

Skills:
Climb 2 + 1 = 3
Disable device 2 + 3 = 5
Handle animal 2 + 1 = 3
Hide 4 + 4 = 8
Jump 2 + 1 = 3
Knowlege nature 1 + 3 = 4
Listen 4 + 2 = 6
Move silently 4 + 5 = 9
Open lock 2 + 6 = 8
Ride 2 + 7 = 9
Search 4 + 3 = 7
Spot 4 + 2 = 6
Tumble 2 + 8 = 10
Use rope 1 + 9 = 10
Immune to sleep

Feats/Specials:
Armor proficiency light
Martial weapon proficiency
Shield proficiency
Simple weapon proficiency
Weapon finesse
Favored enemy- Goblins
Track, wild empathy

Inventory:
Sword, short 1d6 (2)
Longbow 1d8 (1)
Arrows (20) (2)
Padded armor +1 (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Blanket 3lb (1)
Chalk (10) (1)
Flint/steel (1)
Lantern, bullseye 3lb (1)
Rations 1lb (4)
Waterskin 4lb (1)
Whetstone 1lb (1)
Thieves' tools 1lb (1)
Clothing:Tannish Brown Shirt/Pants, Green Brown Cloak, Tan Headband. (supposed to blend in cityscape or forest)

Jeaal Elf-Arrow has had many occupations throughout his hundred-odd years of life. He left a homeland he barely remembers when he was still a small child, cast out on his own and forced to survive in the wilderness. At the age of ten, he was discovered by Priests of Milnar as they traveled on pilgrimage. The kind priests took him in and fed him and clothed him, teaching him letters and numbers. His mind quickly became as skilled as his body, and he lived in peace for many years. Roughly fourteen years later, his adopted father, one of the priests, died investigating an ancient ruin, seeking to catalogue the knowledge within. Jeaal left his home, vowing to complete his fathers work. To his dismay, the trail was already cold by the time he started looking, and he was unable to find this mysterious ruin. He still searches, but no longer expects to find the ruin that is now the tomb of his adopted father. He has spent the intervening years simply trying to survive, usually working as a mercenary or a caravan guard.

What level do Rangers get Dual-Wield?

I don't think the character generator counted my weapon finesse feat to my melee score, and I'm not familiar enough with 3.5 to modify it myself.

Is my Dexterity ok at 20?

And Thank You, Bruconero. I'm actually enjoying play by post quite a bit, and I'm excited to join in your world.

Reconcile Edited: Oinodaemon on 22nd Feb, 2013 - 1:15am

22nd Feb, 2013 - 7:50am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval

Your character's attributes are very high. I will not ask you to roll them again, because I accepted a similar character lately, but that doesn't mean I like it.

You will have the chance to get the Two Weapons Combat feature at level 2. You Weapon Finesse feature can't be counted by the generator because is something that applies only to particular situations (using a light weapon and wearing light armor and no shield) so is definitely something that has to be adjusted manually.

I will check your skills and equipment later, because now I'm still working and lack the time to calculate skill points, weight and so on.
Something I noticed at first glance is your AC (should be 16, you didn't add the armor). I need height, weight and age.
Regarding your background, where do you come from (if not the city, the nation)? Where is, geographically, the ruin that you were talking about?

I will post a complete analysis in the afternoon if I have more time or later, when back home.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Feb, 2013 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 15

I have to make a trip to town, but I should be able to have a 2nd draft drawn up by this evening. I'm going to drop [Dexterity] to 18, it ruins the fun if I'm OP.

22nd Feb, 2013 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 15

Ok, I had a look at it. You spent too many skill points. With an Intelligence of 16 you have a +3 modifier which means you will start with (6+3)4 = 36 Skill Points. You spent more than 40. Consider that Disable Device, Open Locks and Tumble are not Class Skills for the Ranger and every rank you buy in those skills will cost double.
The equipment is ok. Which outfit do you choose for your clothes (traveler, adventurer....)? Or you want the basic clothes weighing 1lb but without a cloak or any belt pouch?
Where did you get your 11 Hit Points from? You start with 1d8+Constitution bonus which in your case is equal to 9. For AC, Save Throws and so on I'm waiting for the second draft since you hinted to the possibility that your stats could change.

> TOPIC: Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.