Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 20 of 21

I only just noticed the subtle hint in your - Page 20 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jun, 2013 - 9:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 21 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 
Closed
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons Bumi World Setting Only Players and those interested in participating in Dungeons & Dragons Bumi world with Bruconero as Dungeon Master should Post in this Thread.
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval Related Information to Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval
17th Jun, 2013 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 20

The Character Generator changed it because Elves get +2 to Dexterity and -2 to Constitution. Your rolls are on the low level. I'm not a fan of high stats' characters but you have low rolls even in your primary stats. You might want to reroll your attributes until you get at least a 15 in Intelligence.
Or, if you want to keep it like this, just let me know and I will analyze the rest.

Sponsored Links:
17th Jun, 2013 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Ok this is comp generated re-roll so if I need to go back and change any skills or feats please let me know.

Character:
MariJaen Catormany
Player:Canabusis

Classes:
Wiz 1
Level:1

Race:
Elf
Alignment:neutral good

Religion:

Experience:0

Hit Points:
Base Attack Bonus:0

Strength:
13=1
Fortitude:
0+-1 =-1
Dexterity:
15=2
Reflex:
0+2=2
Constitution:
8=1
Will:
2 + 3=5
Intelligence:
15=2
Initiative:
2+0 = 2
Wisdom:
17=3
Melee:
0+1 +0 =1
Charisma:
15=2
Ranged:
0+2+0 =2

Money:
Pp - gp - sp -
Armor Class:
2+ 10 +0 =12
Skills:

Knowledge arcana 1 + 1 = 2
Knowledge nature 1 + 1 = 2
Listen 2 + 0 = 2
Ride 1 + 0 = 1
Search 3 + 1 = 4
Spell craft 2 + 1 = 3
Spot 2 + 0 = 2
Swim 1 + 0 = 1
Use magic device 1 + 1 = 2
Immune to sleep

Equipment:

Dagger 1d4 (2)
Quarterstaff 1d6 (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Blanket 3lb (1)
Canvas 1lb (1)
Fishhook (1)
Flask (3) (1)
Flint/steel (1)
Ink (1)
Ink pen (1)
Lamp 1lb (1)
Parchment (1)
Rations 1lb (2)
Sewing needle (1)
Vial (1)
Water skin 4lb (1)
Whetstone 1lb (1)
Spell component pouch 2lb (1)
Spell book 3lb (1)
Cold weather outfit 7lb (1)
Traveler's outfit 5lb (1)

Feats/Specials:

Spell mastery
Summon familiar
Scribe scroll

Languages:

Common
Elven
Sylvan

Wizard Spells

Acid Splash -- Conj -- 0
Detect Poison -- Div -- 0
Read Magic -- Div -- 0
Daze -- Ench -- 0
Dancing Lights -- Evoc -- 0
Flare -- Evoc -- 0
Light -- Evoc -- 0
Ray of Frost -- Evoc -- 0
Ghost Sound -- Illus -- 0
Mage Hand -- Trans -- 0
Mending -- Trans -- 0
Message -- Trans -- 0
Open/Close -- Trans -- 0
Acrane Mark -- Univ -- 0
Prestidigitation -- Univ -- 0
Detect Magic -- Div -- 0
Comprehend Languages -- Div -- 1
Detect Secret doors -- Div -- 1
True Strike -- Div -- 1
Magic Missle -- Evoc -- 1

17th Jun, 2013 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You don't need to make too many changes. Let's proceed with order (If some information is missing, like the religion, I will keep the one from your older posts).

I got all your physical details except your exact age: I rolled 97 years old, is that ok?

You have another bonus language after choosing Sylvan.

I don't understand the skills, which form did you use to write them down? I mean, you put x+y=z. The number of ranks you bought is X or Y? In either cases, the count is not right. You have 16 Skill Points available. Between the Skills you chose, Listen, Ride, Search, Spot, Swim, Use Magic Device are all Cross-Class and cost double (Two points per rank). If you always put the number of ranks you bought before the + sign, you spent a total of 24 points (8 more than those you have). If you always put the number of ranks you bought after the + sign, you spent only 8 points (8 less than those you have). If you mixed them up, I'm unable to calculate the amount.

You have to chose 2 spells (Your Intelligence modifier) for which you will apply the Spell Mastery feature (Is chosen once and for all, not changed every time you memorize).

Equipment: You may want a Belt Pouch (0,5lb) for your coins and valuables. The Lamp you choose is not a Lantern, is like the famous one of Aladdin and needs oil to be used. You still want it?

You want to choose a Familiar right away or you prefer to summon it later during the game?

You will start with all the level 0 spells and 3 + Int bonus Level 1 spells (Which means 5). You only chose 4. You chose Detect Secret doors as one of your spells: are you sure? As an Elf you already have a racial special ability about that.

Ok, this is all.

17th Jun, 2013 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 20 Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Ok on the skills it showed I had 12 points to start on the character generator (3.5) I chose all those skills except spot, and listen. I just copied and pasted them the way the comp generated them? I only chose one point on each except spell craft in which I chose 2. I don't know how the comp character generator came up with the totals? It did not give me anymore then one language point, and would only let me choose between sylvan Gnoll and goblin? The other languages the comp said cost more points? How do you want me to resolve that issue? Ditch the lamp. And I'll add belt pouch. Age is great. I tried using a computer generated dice roller and it wouldn't roll over 54 so I just said nearly a century? I will pick 2 spells for mastery and one more to make five. Comp gen. Only allowed me 4 points? I will fix all that after work. Thank you very much for your time and help.

18th Jun, 2013 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

I hope I can help out to get your character into the world quickly. It's best to use the generator as a guide, and to reference the rules to actually build your character.

It's worth specifying the cross-class skills you currently have. Listen, ride, search, spot and swim are non-wizard skills and cost double the skill points for each rank. From what you wrote, it sounds like you currently have:
Knowledge arcana 1
Knowledge nature 1
Listen 0 (X2)
Ride 1 (X2)
Search 1 (X2)
Spell craft 2
Spot 0 (X2)
Swim 1 (X2)
Use magic device 1 (X2)
For a total of 12 points. You should have (2 + Int[2] )x2 = 16, ignore the generator it it's giving you 12. I would recommend taking a few ranks in Concentration for any wizard.

Elves have a limited number of languages, but it's not as limited as what you wrote. I think it's safest to ignore generator and pick one of the languages below (Apart from Sylvan which you have).

international QUOTE (https://www.worldofmedieval.com/dungeons_dragons/ch06s03.html)
Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.

When it comes to additional spells, Brucerono, it's not exactly as you say, unless you're house ruling it. Ability Scores and Bonus Spells

18th Jun, 2013 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval

ICon: you linked me to the Bonus Spells a Wizard can cast every day based on his\her intelligence, I was talking about the number of spells he knows (Those written in the Spellbook) when he starts which is covered in the Wizard Class description (All the Level 0 and 3 + Int Modifier Level 1). Not house ruling.

international QUOTE
A wizard begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard spells (Except those from her prohibited school or schools, if any; see School Specialization, below) plus three 1st-level spells of your choice. For each point of Intelligence bonus the wizard has, the spellbook holds one additional 1st-level spell of your choice. At each new wizard level, she gains two new spells of any spell level or levels that she can cast (Based on her new wizard level) for her spellbook. At any time, a wizard can also add spells found in other wizards' spellbooks to her own.

Canabusis: What iCon suggested is correct. You have 16 points, just buy your Skills manually. As for the languages, you know Common and Elven for free plus a number of extra languages equal to your Intelligence Modifier which means two other languages: choose whatever you want.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jun, 2013 - 6:22am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 20

Character:
MariJaen Catormany
Player:Canabusis

Classes:
Wiz 1
Level:1

Race:
Elf
Alignment:neutral good

Religion:

Experience:0

Hit Points:
Base Attack Bonus:0

Strength:
13=1
Fortitude:
0+-1 =-1
Dexterity:
15=2
Reflex:
0+2=2
Constitution:
8=1
Will:
2 + 3=5
Intelligence:
15=2
Initiative:
2+0 = 2
Wisdom:
17=3
Melee:
0+1 +0 =1
Charisma:
15=2
Ranged:
0+2+0 =2

Money:
Pp - gp - sp -
Armor Class:
2+ 10 +0 =12
Skills:

Knowledge arcana 1
Ride 1
Search 1
Spell craft 2
Use magic device 1
Concentration 1
Immune to sleep

Equipment:

Dagger 1d4 (2)
Quarterstaff 1d6 (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Belt pouch (1)
Blanket 3lb (1)
Canvas 1lb (1)
Fishhook (1)
Flask (3) (1)
Flint/steel (1)
Ink (1)
Ink pen (1)
Parchment (1)
Rations 1lb (2)
Sewing needle (1)
Vial (1)
Water skin 4lb (1)
Whetstone 1lb (1)
Spell component pouch 2lb (1)
Spell book 3lb (1)
Cold weather outfit 7lb (1)
Traveler's outfit 5lb (1)

Languages:

Common
Elven
Sylvan
Goblin

Wizard Spells

Acid Splash -- Conj -- 0
Detect Poison -- Div -- 0
Read Magic -- Div -- 0
Daze -- Ench -- 0
Dancing Lights -- Evoc -- 0
Flare -- Evoc -- 0
Light -- Evoc -- 0
Ray of Frost -- Evoc -- 0
Ghost Sound -- Illus -- 0
Mage Hand -- Trans -- 0
Mending -- Trans -- 0
Message -- Trans -- 0
Open/Close -- Trans -- 0
Acrane Mark -- Univ -- 0
Prestidigitation -- Univ -- 0
Detect Magic -- Div -- 0
Comprehend Languages -- Div -- 1
Detect Secret doors -- Div -- 1
True Strike -- Div -- 1
Magic Missle -- Evoc -- 1
Mount -- conj -- 1

MariJaen Catormany hails from Matzonssurr. She is young for an elf not quite a century old about the equivalent of a young human woman around the age of 17. She has long beautiful hair of auburn, about 4'7'' in height and weighs only 86 lbs. With eyes of emerald green. Threw her admiration of her uncle Tress Catormany a wizard of much skill it has become her dream to follow in her uncles footsteps. She leaves he home to find the magic schools of Phyneas island. Unknown to her while in the middle of her travels she will become entwined in a quest destined to her unknowingly in her search for more knowledge and training as a wizard.

K think I got it except need help with skill modifiers?if there is any?

18th Jun, 2013 - 9:49am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 20

I only just noticed the subtle hint in your character's name. Clever! biggrin.gif

You seem to be going the opposite way when it comes to skills. This time around you have 10 points spent out of 16. Think of it this way: most skills cost 2 points, except wizard skills which cost 1 point.

international QUOTE
The wizard's class skills (And the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (All skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession ([Wisdom]), and Spellcraft (Int).
Source 6

Hope that clears things up.

+  « First of 21 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 

> TOPIC: Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.