Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 10 of 21

Thanks! Glad to be here. I'm - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Dec, 2012 - 7:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 21 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (21) »
Closed
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons Bumi World Setting Only Players and those interested in participating in Dungeons & Dragons Bumi world with Bruconero as Dungeon Master should Post in this Thread.
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval Related Information to Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval
13th Dec, 2012 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 10

Wait for the character to be approved before filling those fields. We still have to tweak a little bit with your inventory: you are heavily burdened and may want to make some changes. Waiting for the skills too. I forgot to tell Kit to suggest you manual character creation... That generator gives me headache.

Sponsored Links:
13th Dec, 2012 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Most of my burden will be carried inside of or attached to the backpack which will be dropped at the first sign of combat and picked up later. One belt pouch is for my bullets, one for coin and other valuable/personal trinkets, and then the spell component pouch for spell materials. So my combat load is just those things plus armor, weapons, and clothing.

13th Dec, 2012 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Character: Ferril Stoutlegs
Player: LukeGo Classes: Sor 1
Level: 1
Race: Halfling
Alignment: Choatic Good
Religion: Pelagus
Experience: 0

Hit Points: 6 Base Attack Bonus: 1

Strength: 6 -2 Fortitude: 1 + 2 = 3

Dexterity: 19 4 Reflex: 1 + 4 = 5

Constitution: 14 2 Will: 3 + 0 = 3

Intelligence: 14 2 Initiative: 4 + = 4

Wisdom: 11 0 Melee: 1 + -2 + = -1

Charisma: 18 4 Ranged: 1 + 4 + 1(sling) = 6

Money: 5sp 5cp
Armor Class: 1(armor) + 4(DEX) + 10 + 1(size) = 16

Skills:
Climb 2(racial) + -2(STR) = 0
*Concentration 4 + 2 = 6
*Craft 1 + 2 = 3
Hide 4(size) + 4(DEX) = 6
Jump 2(racial) + -2(STR) = 0
*Knowledge arcana 4 + 2 = 6
Listen 2(racial) + 0(WIS) = 2
Move silently 2(racial) + 4(DEX) = 6
*Profession 1 + 0 = 1
*Spellcraft 4 + 2 = 6
Swim 1(size) + -2(STR) = -1
(*Skills that have points put into them)

Equipment:

Quarterstaff 1d4/1d4 2lb (1)
Sling 1d3 (1)
Bullets, sling (10) 2.5lb total (1)
Padded armor +1 5lb (1)
Backpack 0.5lb (1)
Bedroll 1.25lb (1)
Blanket 0.75lb (1)
Candle (10) (1)
Case 0.5lb (1)
Chalk (10) (1)
Fishhook (3)
Flask 1.5lb (1)
Flint/steel (1)
Ink (1)
Inkpen (1)
Paper (3)
Parchment (7)
Pouch, belt 0.25lb total (2)
Rations 0.25lb each (5)
Sewing needle (1)
Signal whistle (1)
Vial 0.5lb (5)
Waterskin 1lb (1)
Spell component pouch 2lb (1) [no special size for Small creatures]
Traveler's outfit 1.25lb (1)

Combat Weight: 13lb
Total Weight: 20.25lb

Feats/Specials:
Arcane Preparation
Simple weapon proficiency
Summon familiar

Languages:

Common Halfling Elvish Aquan

Sorcerer Spells
Read Magic -- 0
Light -- 0
Ray of Frost -- 0
Detect Magic -- 0
Grease -- 1
Charm Person -- 1

Ferril comes from a family of shipwrights in the Thousand Islands. 5 years ago he expressed some aptitude for the Mystical Arts...by freezing a ship's mast by accident while it was underway (SNAP!). In an attempt to get his clumsy spellcasting under control, he was sent away to Phyneas for schooling. Ferril's mind wandered far from the classroom, however. He continually daydreamed of an adventurous life on the High Seas and beyond! His teachers, on the other hand, were not appreciative of his fantastical goals, so he was routinely punished for not paying attention in class. Finally, Ferril had enough and escaped the school to begin the life he had always dreamed of.

Height: 3'2"
Weight: 36lbs. (40lbs. Soaking wet)

I believe that takes care of all the changes. I think that the Attack Modifier can be negative but you can't apply a negative STR bonus to damage. Maybe I have it backward, though. Also, I've been thinking on how his CHA is so high and being small in a Humans' world means that he essentially is mistaken for an adorable little boy most of the time and that's how he gets his way. The reduced weight for him being Small takes care of all the encumbrance issues, even without dropping his pack, but he'd drop it anyway.

Reconcile Edited: lukego on 13th Dec, 2012 - 8:15pm

13th Dec, 2012 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Oops, forgot to pick a familiar. I choose a Ferret (Weasel). Hope that's everything, now.

Alaric (Weael/Ferret Familiar)
Size/Type: Tiny Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8 (3 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +1 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-12
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Attach
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, Share Spells, Empathic Link
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 5
Skills: Balance +12, Climb +10, Escape Artist +4, Hide +11, Move Silently +8, Spot +3, Listen +3
Feats: Agile, Alertness, Improved Evasion, Weapon Finesse

Attach (Ex): If a weasel hits with a bite attack, it uses its powerful jaws to latch onto the opponent's body and automatically deals bite damage each round it remains attached. An attached weasel loses its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class and has an AC of 12. An attached weasel can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached weasel through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the creature.

14th Dec, 2012 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Sorry if took me long time to answer. Looks like you can still spend 2 points in your skills. You used only 14 right? No need to list them all, only those in which you bought some ranks. Counting the weight I rounded once up and once down all the quarter pounds, mainly for laziness (laugh). Yes, many items weigh less but you also have a reduced carrying capacity (3\4 of the normal value). If I'm not wrong, bullets don't weigh less. As for melee attack, you apply the -2 but it can't drop below 0. Same for damage that can't go below 1.

14th Dec, 2012 - 6:36am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval

Yep, I'm missing 2 points...I'll put them in Bluff. With the reduced carrying capacity taken into consideration, carrying everything puts me at a Medium Load and I'm still at a Light Load once I drop the backpack (by the way, that's a Move-Equivalent Action to drop it, right?). You may be right on the bullets. I used the [..] to get all my weights. The equipment page says it's 2.5lb for a bag of 10 with no reduction for Small creatures. The Sling Bullet details page lists "Small" bullets as being only 0.5lb for a bag of 10...the smaller bullets would partly explain the reduced damage from a sling made for Small creatures, but I used the normal weight in my calculations, anyway. I'll adjust the attack bonus to 0 in my profile. Also, I'm dropping the armor as I realize that I'm not proficient in its use, so there goes another 5lb, anyway. Is there anything else?

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Linking to external sites or referencing them for the sake of "Look at this" is not allowed here and is considered a form of spamming. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Dec, 2012 - 6:58am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 10

LukeGo your character is approved and ready to step in the world of Bumi. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them in the Players Hub Thread. I'll take your word on the bullets because it makes much more sense like this. Yes, dropping your backpack is a standard action. As soon as the current encounter will be resolved, you can introduce Ferril in the game. To do so, just post your thoughts or actions in the adventure thread. After combat, ok?

14th Dec, 2012 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

Thanks! Glad to be here. I'm really excited to get going on this adventure! I'd be happy to even join in on the combat, but I understand that may be complicated for you or may be too much of a Deus ex Machina for your tastes.

> TOPIC: Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.