Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 2 of 21

Yeah, I though he might be a bit encumbered. - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Nov, 2012 - 11:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (21) »
Closed
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons Bumi World Setting Only Players and those interested in participating in Dungeons & Dragons Bumi world with Bruconero as Dungeon Master should Post in this Thread.
Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval Related Information to Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval
13th Nov, 2012 - 9:22am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 2

Krusten, I was used to the 2nd edition of Dungeons & Dragons and when I studied the rules of 3.5 edition I didn't read all the tables one by one assuming that they were more or less the same. I was wrong. For abilities in particular they tuned down things substantially so you can keep your 19 in dexterity. But I didn't see any feature in your character sheet. Did you choose any?

Sponsored Links:
13th Nov, 2012 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

That was my first Dungeons & Dragons character so I was lost as to all the details but I might just create a whole new character just for a fresh start rather than get things mixed up. Will you have the space to put the equipments and stuff like I did in the other games or will I have to keep it offline?

13th Nov, 2012 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes, maybe better if you create a new one. Also the skills were a little bit messed up. The cost for your class skills, those listed in the class description in the documentation, is of 1 skill point per point of ability. All the others cost 2 skill points per point of ability. You had way too many there. If you need any help on creating your character just ask. I still don't know if I'll have the fields for the statistics and the equipment. JB told me that if I'm successful, and consistent, he may give me Kentoran's fields but he didn't say anything about having my slots now. I'll ask and let you know. And, don't worry: I'll not disappear.

14th Nov, 2012 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Once again I had the proof that our administrator is lightning fast. I already have the answer to your question: no stats or equipment special fields in the beginning. But things might change if this setting will grow up and I will prove I'm serious.

14th Nov, 2012 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Approval Character and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Bruconeros

Alright, I wanted to go with the theme of a barbaric/primal world, and I thought to myself that early people worshiped the sun and moon so I'll do something in that style. I present the god of wild cats:

Felnuus

Lawful Neutral

God of order, wild cats and shooting stars.

Animalia Sub-Pantheon

Depicted as an upright man of medium build with the head and mane of a white lion, and paws replacing his feet. A charismatic leader, striking a proud pose and always sure of his decisions. Usually depicted in the ceremonial robes of a general.

He believes in victory always by any means, but overt, surgical strikes are preferred to subterfuge or collateral damage when appropriate. Intimidation is allowed and is a favorite tactic of lions, however intimidating and maltreatment of non-combatants is not allowed.

Weapon of choice: Scimitar.

Domains:
Always Law
Animals
Cat
Luck
Trickery

Clerics of Felnuus go about their own vocations and meet weekly with other clerics. Clerics with higher religious positions meet more regularly, but still continue to work in their craft. Followers are advised to attend weekly gatherings as often as possible, but it is only required to attend on feast days especially the winter solstice when the night is longest and occasionally when The Cat lines up with the layout of the cathedral, lighting up its Heartstone, a white rock believed to have fallen from the moon itself. These days can be predicted and news is spread a few weeks in advance. Rarer are the eclipses of The Cat with one of the Suns, which astronomers can only predict when it's centered on the cathedral. These are days of spontaneous celebration, music, dancing and feasting in the region where the eclipse is visible. It is a symbol of the god's power that he is able to block a sun.

Clerics wear various uniforms, either the skins of wild cats, robes in the style of their pelts, or robes of white with gold trim. While wild cats are revered and feared, it is not against the law of Felnuus to kill them if they threaten you, their souls will reach the cat god. The exceptions are white lions, representing his divine form, and snow leopards, representing his lunar form(white moon with darker craters like the spots of a leopard). These two must never be killed and if attacked by one, you must not struggle, it is an honor to be sacrificed to these creatures. Luckily these two cats are rarer.

Now, I must ask a question on the astronomy of Bumi; does the Cat have lunar phases like our moon, and how long does it take between full and new moons?

If so, I was thinking of creating a darker, more chaotic cat goddess for domestic cats (Actually, quickly checking wikipedia I think they should be split into the two groups of cats, Pantherinae for Felnuus[lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars], and Felinae for the godess[cougar, cheetah, lynxes, ocelot, domestic cats]).

14th Nov, 2012 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval

Character: Tomas O'Aage (pronounced t-oh-m-ass oh-ag-ee)
Player: iCon
Classes: Pal 1
Level: 1
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Good
Religion: Felnuus
Experience: 0
Hit Points: 10
Base Attack Bonus: 1

Strength: 13 (+1)
Dexterity: 15 (+2)
Constitution: 11 (0)
Intelligence: 11 (0)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Fortitude: 2+0 = 2
Reflex: 0+2 = 2
Will: 0+1 = 1
Initiative: 2+0 = 2
Melee: 1+1+0 = 2
Ranged: 1+2+0 = 3

Money: pp - 0 gp - 0 sp - 5 cp - 5
Armor Class: 2 + 10 + 3 = 15

Equipment:

Javelin 1d6 (4)
Longsword 1d8 (1)
Padded armor +1 (1)
Shield, large, wood +2 (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Fishing net 5lb (1)
Rope (50ft) 5lb (1)
Soap 1lb (1)
Torch 1lb (2)
Waterskin 4lb (1)
Whetstone 1lb (1)
Holy Symbol, wood (1)
Cleric's vestments 6lb (1)

Feats/Specials:

armor proficiency light
armor proficiency medium
armor proficiency heavy
iron will
martial weapon proficiency
negotiator
shield proficiency
simple weapon proficiency
Aura of good
detect evil, smite evil

Languages:

Common

I'll post a detailed backstory once the game starts moving and exams are over. For now;
Tomas was trained in Morgia by the worshipers of Felnuus as a temple guard. His natural ability with people earned him a quick promotion, but without further experience, he would have to wait until someone further up the chain of command quits or dies. So he set off in search of this much needed experience, taking a solo missionary job that was available in the church.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 14th Nov, 2012 - 1:07pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Nov, 2012 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval - Page 2

Tomas is more than ok. Is clear that you created him thinking more about the character than the pure numbers. That's what Dungeons & Dragons is about. You only forgot to post your skills... Couple of suggestions about your equipment: you are encumbered. If that's ok for you it is ok for me also. Your clerical outfit is usually a vestment worn for celebrating religious rituals not for adventuring: what if we consider it a simplified version weighting 1lb? But even like this you would still be encumbered. About the god. Great. It fits perfectly in the setting, even if will probably not become the main divinity of Morgia. But it needs some corrections if you want it to be your god. Some of its traits clash with the paladin's code of honour. Example: paladins can't use treachery or deception, even against an evil foe. The alignment should be lawful good also. But I like it, specially for the connection with the Cat (which has the same phases as our moon, is only bigger).

14th Nov, 2012 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

Yeah, I though he might be a bit encumbered. I wanted the cleric vestments to be a change of clothing to wear in noble areas so I won't change that, however, the fishing net is too big at 25 sq. Ft. I was thinking of a net about 10 sq. Ft. Or 3 sq. Meters which would weigh 0.8 lb or make it 1 lb for simplicity. If I try to cut more weight, as soon as I pick up an item, I'll be encumbered again, so I'll take the penalty as well.

I though that paladins could be one step away from their god like clerics. The trickery domain was mainly for clerics and is rare for a cleric to take it. The theme I wanted for the god was a "Law and civilization at any cost, but good is preferred". I thought that the god could overlook certain unethical acts from his clerics and followers, but his paladins must stick directly to the code.
If not I can change it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Bruconero's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Questions & Character Approval

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.