Sleep - Page 3 of 10

When I was doing physical training I was ok - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Aug, 2016 - 11:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

?
Poll: How many hours do you sleep for per day?
  1-2       0.00%
  3-4       3.85%
  5-6       46.15%
  7-8       34.62%
  9-10       11.54%
  11-12       3.85%
  13-14       0.00%
  15+       0.00%
Total Votes: 26
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Top  Sleep Did you get enough of it? Can you make up for lack of it? How long do you normally sleep? Sleeping
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2015 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sleep - Page 3

Six foods that are messing up your sleep

YOU know having an espresso after 4pm will hinder sleep, but what about these nutritious foods that could also be to blame for your tossing and turning? Ref. Source 5y

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2016 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Sleep

Best To Sleep On It: Brain Activity Patterns During Sleep Consolidate Memory
Science Related News

Why does sleeping on it help? This is the question tackled by new research, which reveals how brain activity during sleep sorts through the huge number of experiences we encounter every day, filing only the important information in memory.
Source

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2016 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Sleep Health & Special Psychology

Sleep duration varies by alcohol drinking patterns, race, and sex

Compared to their white counterparts within each alcohol drinking pattern (Never, moderate, excessive) investigated, black men and women were significantly more likely to get less than six hours of sleep, less likely to get seven to eight hours of sleep and generally more likely to get nine or more hours of sleep. Short sleep disparity increased with increasing alcohol consumption between black and white men. Long sleep duration was more common among heavy drinkers, but only in black men and white women. Ref. Source 5d.

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2016 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Sleep

Possible missing link between sleep and improved memory

A team of sleep researchers has found that the autonomic nervous system, which is responsible for control of bodily functions not consciously directed (Such as breathing, heartbeat, and digestive processes) plays a role in promoting memory consolidation -- the process of converting information from short-term to long-term memory -- during sleep. Ref. Source 1t.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2016 - 9:16am / Post ID: #

Sleep

Plenty of light during daytime reduces the effect of blue light screens on night sleep

The use of smartphones and tablet computers during evening hours has previously been associated with sleep disturbances in humans. A new study now shows that daytime light exposure may be a promising means to combat sleep disturbances associated with evening use of electronic devices. Ref. Source 7a.

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2016 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Sleep
A Friend

Sleep

I don't feel that sleep can be made up. Three hours of sleep one night followed by 13 the next doesn't equal two nights of eight hours sleep. There is definitely a difference between deep sleep and light. Those nights I get eight plus hours I usually dream and wake up feeling great. The nights with three or four hours sleep I feel miserable and don't dream. I try not to let it affect me but I have to get at least seven hours sleep a night to function as my usual sweet self and not as angry me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2016 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

Sleep
A Friend

Sleep - Page 3

I know that if I do not get at least 5 hours of sleep the next day I am not very productive but I still get a lot done. I think society today has made getting eight hours of good sleep hard to get. Sometimes pushing seven hours is difficult too.

15th Aug, 2016 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Sleep Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

When I was doing physical training I was ok with 4-6 hours of sleep. Now that I am making mostly mental work I cannot sleep less than 8 hours. In my region/country the afternoon sleep is a tradition and it works to break the sleep into 6-7hrs and 2-1hr.

However I am sleeping more than 10hrs a day now because the mental work drains me a lot.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Sleep

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,