The Mob

The Mob - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Sep, 2004 - 6:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

What to do when not even the law can stop it?
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2004 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

The Mob

During times of war, devistation or riot, people in their masses can become chaotic in nature and take matters into their own hands. Since the well known adage 'Strength in Numbers' is still true, huge numbers of people can become uncontrollable to the point that they destroy anything in their path with looting, killing, and explosions becoming commonplace. This thread is left for you to discuss what steps you can take to protect yourself and loved ones.

Sponsored Links:
11th Sep, 2004 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Mob The

An author (perhaps Steven King?) once called this the "crowd-animal." Somehow, within a crowd, there seems to be some kind of mental connection: where it starts is irrelevant, because the anger -- or evil or whatever you want to call it -- just seems to jump from person to person until all are caught up in the wave of emotion.

My first choice would be to avoid any kind of large public events where folks can get riled up, i.e. political rallies, demonstrations, and the like. But if you happened to attend something like this, my inclination would be to stay on the fringes of the crowd. If you can see things getting out of hand, leave quietly, and before the police arrive (if they are not already on the scene) because they can get caught up in it as well, trying to quell the violence. Innocent people can and do get hurt just by being there.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

11th Sep, 2004 - 7:56am / Post ID: #

The Mob History & Civil Business Politics

We are ruled by mob law, albeit in a more formal manner as we today live in democracies (aka mobocracies) where the philosophy goes that if a majority think something is right then they get their way and the minority suffer.

Mobs shall not decrease but shall increase until they have taken over the whole government...hmm, now who said that?

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2004 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Mob The

Dubhdara, this thread takes the subject from a survival point of view (see board name) - not political. In other words, what precautious are necessary, should you stay indoors, arm yourself, leave the area, etc.

11th Sep, 2004 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Mob The

During some riots and mob actions a few years ago in Los Angeles, some of the Korean shop owners stood out in the streets firing their personal weapons at the mob. I don't know how effective that was, but I am sure that I would probably do the same thing, if the opportunity was right.

Fleeing is, by far, the best alternative. Hiding is the next best. Fighting would have to be the last alternative, except to protect others. Of course, with a large mob like the Los Angeles riots, you would have to have some pretty impressive weapons to make any difference.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

11th Sep, 2004 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

The Mob

During some riots and mob actions a few years ago in Los Angeles, some of the Korean shop owners stood out in the streets firing their personal weapons at the mob.

Unless they have a gatling gun I am not sure if there would be enough bullets in a pistol or shotgun to handle a mob. Plus, is that even legal?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Sep, 2004 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

The Mob

I agree, that a handgun probably wouldn't have enough ammunition to be worthwhile.

It probably wasn't legal, but when such a situation arises, legality pretty much goes out the window. Protection of life and property takes precedence.

I kind of doubt that any of the shopkeepers were prosecuted, although there was film footage of them doing it. There were a lot of other prosecutions though.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

> TOPIC: The Mob

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,