Ghana Accra Mission - Page 2 of 3

Past Mission President: 2000 - 2003 Pres. - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th May, 2014 - 2:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Also known as The Africa West Mission
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2007 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ghana Accra Mission - Page 2

MEMBERS EMBARK ON SERVICE PROJECTS IN GHANA
See Source

ACCRA, Ghana - Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ghana will embark on 24 different service projects to help clean up communities and villages in the southern part of the country on Saturday, October 27, 2007. Elder John Bingham, Africa West Area Public Affairs Director of the Church, said that the objective is to help the needy, improve communities, and strengthen members.

The following explains the flag colors:

Red: Blood Shed For Independence
Yellow (Gold) - Riches Of The Coast
Green: - Fertile land
Black Star: - Lone Star Of African Freedom

Sponsored Links:
10th Mar, 2009 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Mission Accra Ghana

Ghana Accra Mission Site Update

The last time I looked at this site was 2003, so I just made some simple updates, but it will be good if RMs from here could send in info about it.

Kids in Ghana Picture supplied by Elder R. Williams

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2011 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Ghana Accra Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Shirlee

Comments: I have a dear young friend there that I was been writing for the last four months and would like to get the missionaries to find her and teach her family, How do I do that?

Post Date: 25th May, 2012 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mission Accra Ghana

Name: Larry

Title: I have a dear friend

Comments: I am trying to find out whom I would need to get in touch with to get the Missionaries to go see a very dear friend of mine that is very interested in our Church. Through all of our talks, I think she is ready to talk to them and possibly join the church. I wish I had a way to go there and be the one to baptize her and possibly her mom. Please any information would be most appreciated!

27th May, 2014 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Mission Accra Ghana

The picture to the left shows the Mensah family (Now living in the USA), all natives of Accra Ghana. Br. Mensah feels good about the Church's progress in Ghana. At the time he left Ghana the Church was not allowed in the Country. His wife's cousin, a member of the Church left to serve a mission and it enticed her to follow in becoming a member of the Church. Br. Mensah met the missionaries in Virginia and after answering his question about the Church's relationship with the blacks he too joined in Maryland. Their son, David is now serving a mission in Nevada. Sr. Mensah visited Ghana in 1999 and was amazed with the strength of the members there. She said, "I think that members there might be even stronger in Spirit than us here in the USA".

Post Date: 27th May, 2014 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Ghana Accra Mission

Mission History
From the Church Almanac 1999 - 2000:

"In the 1950s, various pamphlets about the Church found their way to Ghana which were read by Ghanaians, believed and used as the basis to start their own LDS congregations. Ghanaians also learned of the Church as they visited other countries.

Pres. David O. McKay attempted to have leaders visit these sincere but unauthorized congregations, but the leaders were unable to obtain visas.

In August of 1978... Merril Bateman and Edwin Q. "Ted" Cannon were sent by the Church to West Africa on a fact finding trip."

On Dec. 9th, 1978, 89 were baptized and in 1989 a building program began. With a year there were 400 members. By 1981 seven Branches were established. The Africa West Mission was organized July, 1st 1980 and the Ghana Accra Mission July 1st, 1985.

June 14, 1989 Ghana government expelled the missionaries and banned the Church. Members were permitted to hold services in their homes. On Dec. 1, 1990 meetings were allowed to resumed.

On Feb. 16 1998 Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley announced that the first temple in West Africa would be built in Ghana.

1997 Stats at Year End:

Population: 18,497,000
Members 16,000
Stakes 4
Wards 25
Branches 32
Districts 5

Cape Coast, Ghana - Photo by Elder R. Williams

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2014 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Ghana Accra Mission - Page 2

On Dec. 9th, 1978, 89 were baptized and in 1989 a building program began. With a year there were 400 members. By 1981 seven Branches were established. The Africa West Mission was organized July, 1st 1980 and the Ghana Accra Mission July 1st, 1985.

London Bridge in Teshie Pictures supplied by Elder R. Williams

Post Date: 28th May, 2014 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Ghana Accra Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Past Mission President:
2000 - 2003
Pres. & Sr. V. Hoem

Missionaries:

1987 - 1989
Kekeli K. Nuviadenu

1995 - 1997
Brandon Bailey

1996 - 1998
Ryan Williams

1998 - 2000
Joel Harrison

Missionaries with Elder Holland

Missionaries at Fireside with Elder Neilson - Supplied by Elder R. Williams

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ghana Accra Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,