KittenPunk Introduction - Page 18 of 19

Don't worry about it Steph I am going - Page 18 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 1st Jul, 2013 - 2:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 19 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 
Closed
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2013 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,031
Flag Posts: 51,688
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,589.83 FP
Charm: 394

KittenPunk Introduction - Page 18

international QUOTE (KittenPunk)
And no JB. I wish we could use links outside this sight...

Outside your line of eye sight or you mean this site? Sharing links for games will never happen especially for Dungeons & Dragons where we already have 100s of pages of info on it. We either import the database on to our own site or have set links based on arrangements with game owners as in the example of iCon's Pathfinder Threads which required it.

international QUOTE
...why did you remove the link put into it for a thread on this forum that was on topic for her question?

I did not move any link. If I am editing your Post while you are updating it then it will show what I added since I am editing the original copy. I actually added the link to your new Topic in Canabusis' Thread if that is the link you are referring to.

However, I want to ask you seriously, why do you consistently substitute word meanings and not even bother to check over what you write? I mean there is a consistent edit of your Posts, especially the ones you drop quickly. Is it that you just can't see it in your writings because of some form of dyslexia or word impairment, don't care, just sloppy or too busy as you implied earlier?

UPDATE: Just deleted your Post in that Thread you started, yep, implying to go look for stuff and download on torrent is illegal. Listen, if someone wants to get books they can find it, especially something as common as Dungeons & Dragons!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2013 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

KittenPunk Introduction
A Friend

Introduction KittenPunk

Seriously? I have already covered this. [..] I don't see any difference in the words [due to disability]

[Explained issue - ranted about friends - complained about the way we managed site - brought up unnecessary issues]

Edited Message Edited...
JB: Too much to edit. Downsized version of the actual question I asked.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2013 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

KittenPunk Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

So you want to show us how we should manage here. You want things to run the way you think it should run and it does not work that way here. You don't need to spell out for me how you or your friends think it is obvious, they make it clear all on their own. Somehow you think we have no right to run this site the way we deem best and it must conform to your way of thinking. Each Member within their Profile has this: Delete Membership you and anyone else not happy here can use it. Go to some place that better suits you it will probably be better for all involved.

Edited Message Edited...
JB: Removed reply statements in reference to unnecessary above.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2013 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

KittenPunk Introduction
A Friend

Page 18 Introduction KittenPunk

Do I want you to feel sorry for me? No, I don't, in fact I like the fact that on the internet I can be more then I am in real life I can take the time to answer a question or say something profound that in real life I would draw a blank at of stand there silently not knowing what the right thing to do would be.

Urgent issues I have all the time its normal and I sit and post on this game because it distracts me from the life I have and it is free.

And, no I don't care to tell you how to run your own sight I am just tired of getting it thrown in my face every time I type ill rather thin I'll that I am doing it wrong.

You say I am 1 major mistake a way from getting my account taken from me. Well I'm one badly bullied day a way from quieting. I don't because I love my game I love my friend who have invested time in it and bright me such joy I love the fact that it distracts me from my life and I love the game. And if you think its better off for all involved then ask me to end my game and walk away and I will copy past all my game info in to my documents and do so. But know its not the best thing for some of the party's involved just you.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2013 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.0%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction KittenPunk

Kittenpunk, I don't think we ever really interacted before here in the forum however, I always read your threads and posts in the games. You mentioned in your last post that you are tired of being treated badly and even mentioned the word bullied. I will have to respectfully disagree with that assertion. As a matter of fact, as a head moderator, I have never seen the other mods so patient with a poster like they are with you.

The truth of the matter is that we have very strict rules to run this community. It might be frustrating for you, or you might disagree, or you might feel we should make an exception, etc however, we don't make exceptions and we will not because we have certain standards for this forum.

I can empathize with your situation, but let me tell you that you are certainly not the only one with big challenges. If you take the time to read over the threads (And not just the games) you will know we're raising three autistic children and I can write you a long post about the daily craziness we live, and how bad things are and their disabilities and all the sad stories you can think of, we live them ALL however, it is never used as an excuse or make others feel pity.

What I am trying to say is that through observation I noticed that when you take the time to type, you are actually very good at it. It seems like when you are in a rush, you tend to make lots of mistakes and when the mods tell you about it, you get upset.

We do not ask anyone to leave, anyone is free to delete their membership at anytime they wish. But if you or anyone else decide to stay, then they must abide by our rules. It is non-negotiable.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2013 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

KittenPunk Introduction

Pandora wanted to give a Reply before I answered so I did. Also I'm not sure why you keep throwing this at me. The irony about this is I have been saving your account from deletion for a long time. If games suffer because you leave then so be it. It is you who have to comply with the rules here not me. I already said what you can do if you felt the way you do. I believe Pandora worded it very well:
international QUOTE
...if you or anyone else decide to stay, then they must abide by our rules. It is non-negotiable.

It means that we will not stop Moderating as we see fit just because it is your account, so YOU need to decide as you originally did when you FIRST joined:

international QUOTE
We have a strict Constructive Posting Policy here. Only join if you plan to be active and reply with worthwhile opinions or comments as we do NOT cater for net talk or teeny bopper scribbles.

At times Moderators may edit your Posts and / or inform you about what is Constructive and what is not.

This is to both help you make valuable input and keep the Community Standards high. Only join if you agree that our Rules and Policies are NOT up for debate.

I will add one last thing: It is one thing to miss some words, fine but you sometimes go out of your way to circumvent our rules for instance your poem to give out your real name / Email or drop hints how to find a website - these have nothing to do with spelling, nor is not using the Threads as they are intended - in other words using YOUR Threads about YOU and not game Threads about you.

Blog Read My Blog
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2013 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 41
Flag Posts: 521
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.3%
[+] Gain: 127.35 FP
Charm: 7

KittenPunk Introduction - Page 18

international QUOTE
However, I want to ask you seriously, why do you consistently substitute word meanings and not even bother to check over what you write? I mean there is a consistent edit of your Posts, especially the ones you drop quickly. Is it that you just can't see it in your writings because of some form of dyslexia or word impairment, don't care, just sloppy or too busy as you implied earlier?

I believe she has informed staff the reason for this before. Kitten is Special Needs. Part of her issues including learning and memory problems is the ability to spell correctly. She tries her hardest to do so, using both the computers spell check and the program Dragonspeak to attempt to get the spellings right, but even these things fail her when she does not know it is wrong. For instance, it can substitute the wrong word, righting, for the actual word she wanted, writing. Also, words like form/from, there/their/they're, and poor/pore/pour. She does not know the difference of the spellings.

She also tries to get me or another to proofread her posts, but I'm not on as much as she is. Hence, Pandora, every once in awhile she has well written posts.

I hope you would understand that Kitten knows her spelling is not the best, but she does try her hardest. Having to explain ones disabilities more than once to staff can make one unhappy and insecure about having to do so again. She was of the belief that this group of people would give her some leeway with her disabilities in spelling, like they do for others here.

international QUOTE
[Explained issue - ranted about friends - complained about the way we managed site - brought up unnecessary issues]
I understand the reasoning for editing her and JB's posts, but to edit it with smarmy comments on the details of her post is unprofessional, and very un-beneath staff to let that go in.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 17th Dec, 2012 - 7:17am
Signature:
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2013 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

KittenPunk Introduction
A Friend

KittenPunk Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 18

Don't worry about it Steph I am going to take a day to cool my head then annoyance the death of my game copy and past my setting and some of my in game world posts to documents for my own use and try to revive my game later down the road ether a round a table, on another forum, using a social network, or by Email with the couple of you who are my real life friends. This will take me a day or 2 to work my way off of this sight in a way that makes it so I do not completely loss all my games work and so I can inform people I will be gone. When I am done I will delete my profile, this might be a week from now.

+  « First of 19 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 

> TOPIC: KittenPunk Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,