KittenPunk Introduction - Page 3 of 19

Out of curiosity what is the charm for on - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 27th Dec, 2012 - 12:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (19) »
Closed
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2012 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 432
Flag Posts: 2,363
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.5%
[+] Gain: 465.17 FP
Charm: 28

KittenPunk Introduction - Page 3

Don't worry, Kit, you didn't do anything terrible and nobody here blames you of anything. I'm sure that the administrators and the moderators understand that you didn't want to make promotion or recruiting. But still they have to apply the rule because, if they close an eye on this situation, everybody else will feel free to post personal contacts. And some may also exploit it to promote or advertising. Rules like this one are the only way to keep out of the community the spammers and other people only interested in pursuing commercial purposes. And, even if they may seem strange, these are the rules that allow all of us to have fun without being trolled or flamed or bombed with advertisements or malicious links. You can put your contact data in your profile and everybody can see them there.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 22nd Sep, 2012 - 7:11pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2012 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,527
Flag Posts: 9,323
Avg: 1.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 41.2%
[+] Gain: 715.87 FP
Charm: 159

Introduction KittenPunk

Wow I just read over this welcome thread, you had a rough start Kittenpunk but I like the way you role play. You're more into the feelings your character can give off to others more than just pure actions, I like it. Cool to have you here, have you been role playing long?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2008 - 12:15am
Signature:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2012 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

KittenPunk Introduction
A Friend

KittenPunk Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Yes.
Well seems like a long time to me. I played my 1st table top game in 2002, I had been playing RPG's on PlayStation for years before that. But it was in high school beginning of 2002 that my social-lit class took on playing hero quest Fridays rather then group reading witch we did the other 4 days of the school week.

I was at once hooked! And, asked a bunch of questions about what table top role-playing games was all about, the more I learned about them, the more I wanted to try this "New thing" I had never herd about called "Dungeons and Dragons"...

Nearly 2 years later, end of 2003 when I was already a year in to collage wishing I knew just one "Gamer", That I met a group of "Gamers" about 30+ people all a round my age, whom all hung out together and played varying types of games between classes as a form of informal gaming club in a room near the food court at my collage.

I began to hang out with them and dive deeper in to the gaming world over that year, till I found out a group of my new friends had a Dungeons and Dragons game going. The group was all boys, so they jumped at the thought of having a girl gamer, a bout half the players where new players and the other 3 where all experts and more then willing to take turned DM-ing (Dragon master) and teaching how the game worked.

This was a blissful haven, it offered a social group for me as well as an outlet for stress so I did not burnout in the demands of collage presser. And even more so having just moved out of my family's house at age 20, in 2004.

2 years and a couple campanes of weekly play went by, and then the 2 boys whom had been are DM's had a rather bad falling out and stopped being friends, this tore the group apart and I found my self with out a game.

An other year passed and I found out about a white wolf vampire LARP (live action role play) group, I did not know what vampire was or had even ever herd of white wolf RPG's but I wanted that social group and gaming "Fix" almost like it was a drug. It was a moment in time when I was RP-ing that I was not me. I was not a disabled girl with a lack of social skills and brain damage, whom was no dyslexic or epileptic, I was whatever my character sheet said I was, nothing more, nothing less.

I even met some one whale LARP-ing at vampire and fell madly in love we even got engaged and lived together for a while but then realized we were meant to be good friends and not lovers.

Gaming has always held a special place in my life, deep to the core.

Vampire grew to be to political for my taste. I never liked PVP (player vs player) or having to stab another player in the back I knew how much I invested into playing a character I liked, and I thought it was no fun to put an end to that for any other player.

I was lucky to of found another Dungeons and Dragons group and got to play in it for a bout a year, before the GM moved and the game ended.

About 5 years a go I found out about a "Boffer LARP" witch is called Alliance, I have been playing this LARP for the last 4 and a half years.

Alliance, has chapters all a cross the USA so you can build a character and play it and level it up no mater where you live or might move to. So I have been attending every game for it in my local state chapter, getting to LARP about 1 to 2 weekends a month for the last 4 and a half years.

Looking for a new dungeons and dragons group the entire time.
About 3 months a go I found a table top gaming group that meets nearly every week but they are play testers and so the campaigns are not long, and the system is not Dungeons and Dragons. Still craving the past joys of real Dungeons and Dragons gaming, I searched the web till I found this forum, and joined a couple weeks a go.

Other info about me, I am an Artist who just had her 1st 2 shows this year and whom works at a studio.

Yes, I graduated from collage with 2 AA's I was also working on a BA but had to drop out before graduating with that level of degree even after transferring from a Undergraduate Collage to a State University.

I don't take my disability's lightly, but I strive to make my self better despite them. If I spell something wrong I did not mean to, but point it out anyhow as I will just have to work harder to do better and that's all I can hope to do.

I also have won a Student Achievement Scatology Award at my undergraduate collage, having been on the dean's list and getting all A's and B's with only 1 C over the numerous years I was a student there. And while I was in High school I was Awarded for volunteering work I did with the city. I have taken part in and placed or won numerous Art compositions, over my life but I am still vary much an unknown artist, should any of you know a gallery owner looking for the next unknown and rising Artist please send them my way. laugh.gif

With Care, Cat.

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2012 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,527
Flag Posts: 9,323
Avg: 1.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 41.2%
[+] Gain: 715.87 FP
Charm: 159

Page 3 Introduction KittenPunk

That's quite a background KittenPunk you not only like running a forum based character but I see you like all kinds of real life role-playing too. I've not tried that but I think I will feel uncomfortable doing it. It's way easier to describe my character through words rather than actually acting it out. Real life drama was never my thing.

You hinted about a disability, congratulation on your achievements even though you have challenges. Maybe one day you can finish your studies.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2008 - 12:15am
Signature:
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2012 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction KittenPunk

KittenPunk, I moved your Posts to here: Source 3 as it was turning more into a review / plan about your upcoming game. You can continue to deliberate it there and subscribe to the Thread. Please note the edits I made to your Thread you will need to have these down proficiently so your posts are not edited constantly. Welcome to the Community, I do not normally welcome Members but since you aspire to be a DM here I have to take a more special interest in you now wink.gif. Do not be afraid to ask if you do not understand how features work or why things are edited.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2012 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

KittenPunk Introduction
A Friend

KittenPunk Introduction

Thank you very much JB.

Also I want to update you for Christmas I got a replacement for my dictation voice recognition software, which I had not been able to use on my computer for the last year due to software incompatibility.

This post has been dictated using the new software and new voice profile I had to create. The hope is that this software will allow my future posts here on this forum to be clear and more legible, and I know that it will help me run a Dungeons & Dragons game here all the easier.

I will be striving to use my new software in future posts so please let me know if you can see a drastic improvement with the clarity of my contribution here.

With thanks, Kitten

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 27th Dec, 2012 - 11:52am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2012 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

KittenPunk Introduction - Page 3

Looks good so far KittenPunk. I appreciate that you are making an effort to comply with the requirements of the Community. Is the software you are using: Dragon NaturallySpeaking, if so can you please put a review there? If not, can you tell me what it is so I can see if we have it in our database?

I was also reading about your involvement in LARP. We have some Threads here that may interest you:

* LARP - Live action role-playing game
* LARP hand to hand weapons
* They look at me weird

We count on actual experience to be shared among the Threads we have here, this will also help you raise your Charm as Charm is not given out for role-playing games.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2012 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

KittenPunk Introduction
A Friend

KittenPunk Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

Out of curiosity what is the charm for on this form, I was looking at the other day and wondering that very question. Also yes the software I'm using is Dragon natural speaking version 12 which is the newest. Put a review on the link you shared, so thank you. I'll take a look at the LARP threads shortly I'm currently working on my Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting and doing preparation work for that with my new dictation software successfully being installed and voice profile made on my computer only a couple hours ago.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (19) »

> TOPIC: KittenPunk Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,