Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game - Page 182 of 191

Yaeth will attack mimic 1 as that is the one - Page 182 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Jun, 2013 - 12:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 191 pgs.  178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186  ...Latest (191) »
Closed
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2013 - 8:43am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game - Page 182

In Game:
Combat round 2 (Starts)
Holly Initiative= 29 (20 of 21HP) Holly's ring glints reacting perhaps from her being healed on or maybe nothing at all after all spontaneity is unpredictable The ring casts invisibility the girl in a blink vanishes from the groups sight well, everyone but Yaeth's eyes that is. As she moves to make her action she vanishes and the rock slung is practically impossible to track from where it came. (This last for 2 turns)

Mimic 1 Initiative= 21 (-17 of ? HP) takes another move forward toward the group coming in to range it attacks at Yaeth landing a mighty blow sending him slammed to the ground he barely recovers to his feet taking 11 damage in the attack.

Felipe Initiative= 20 (22 of 22HP)

Haru Initiative= 19 (18 of 18HP) starts to play the same song he had just used to heal holly. This time when he is done he moves forward reaching out to tag Felipe healing him for 11 health bringing Felipe back to full health.

Mimic 2 Initiative= 18 ( Dead)
The lumbering tree moves to strike at Yeath and lands a bashing blow dealing 9 damage to the archer.

Mimic 3 Initiative= 17 (-7 of ? HP) swipes at Proas barely missing him he feels the wind and rattle of leaves against his face as the monster misses with in a margin of only an inch.

Izumi Initiative= 14 (28 of 28HP)

Canabusis Initiative= 13 (20 of 20HP)

Matt Initiative= 12 (27 of 27HP) moves up past the corps of a tree toward mimic #1 and attacks. Although he lands his blow successfully dealing 8 damage to it, his blade is quickly stuck fast to the sticky sap of the tree. Matt stand there yanking on the blade attempting to unstuck it form the tree but fails his strength and is dumbfounded by this result.

Yaeth Initiative= 11 (13 of 33HP)
He fires 2 shots more in to the Mimic nearest to him and the group. The 2 arrows land the first of them in critical way. Yaeth deals 41 damage to tree mimic #2 striking it dead!

Alexander Initiative= 11 (26 of 26HP)

Proas Initiative= 10 (28 of 28HP) manages to miss getting it.

Out of Game:
Round 2 ongoing.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jun, 2013 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Game Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons

In Game: Felipe will try to attack Mimic 1 again. (Do I need to roll for strength for attack this time?).

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2013 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Game:
Felipe for this round of combat you will need to roll for attack. You roll a D20 add your basic attack bonus, you also add you're strength modifier, and because you are using a magical weapon you add the weapon +#. The ending number determines weather you hit successfully or not.

Then you roll for damage. Using the dice damage time for your weapon.
You have a raper this type of weapon uses a 1D6. Your magical weapons bonus is +4 so you add +4 for the result of the D6 roll. That is how much damage you do.

Now for the non stander things I need form you this round of combat.

I need a Reflex save. And, a Strength check. For both of the rolls I need here roll a D20 each and add the corresponding check types modifier only.

So for your reflex save you will add +4, and for strength check you will be adding +2. No, you don't normally have to roll for a reflex save or a strength save but the monster you are attacking has a odd ability and it is centrally active. This set of rolls is called making your saves.

However, you should note, your standing next to mimic #3 and if you attempt to move to mimic #1 you might put your self at risk of getting hit again by mimic #3 while trying to pass threw its threat range. I highly recommend just attacking #3. You won't have to make your saves with him also as his ability is not active.

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 22nd Jun, 2013 - 2:23pm

22nd Jun, 2013 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 182 Game Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons

Out Of Game: OK, I made my first D20 roll and my result is 5, so it is (5 + 1 = 6 + strength modifier (2) = 8 (Using Rapier).

Second roll result (D6): 6 - (6 + 4 = 10).

Third roll result (Reflex save): 15 - (15 + 4 = 19).

Fourth roll result (Strength save): 7 - (7 + 2 = 9). I think that's it, is this all correct?

In Game: Felipe will try to attack mimic 3 using his rapier.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 22nd Jun, 2013 - 2:25pm

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2013 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Game:
Because your going to attack # 3 you don't need to make the saves. But, yes you did your attack roll and damage rolls right. Sadly your attack will miss as the dice rolled low for attack determining you could not get past the mimics armor.

22nd Jun, 2013 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Canabusis, Looking rather confused about the mans statements and questions she nods and shrugs to the man who broke her fall. "My names Cani" She replies while being moved into a new position, she see's a tree too close for her comfort, caught by surprise and not particularly knowing how to fight with her hammer (And not wanting it to get too close.) Canabusis, looking like a squeamish little girl attempts to throw it at the tree.

OUT OF GAME: I'm unsure what this weapon uses as attack die? Also unsure that I would know how to use it. I'm going with the notion that I've never fought with a hammer before considering its my Gods choice of weapon and not necessarily my own? Also I'm just going to give you 2 rolls from each dice for your use, just so I don't hold up the game again with my lack of know how. Also don't know what if any modifiers to use so will leave that out. Tree#3? Would be the one I'm throwing at.

Roll(1d4)+0: 2,+0 Total:2
Roll(1d4)+0: 4,+0 Total:4
Roll(1d6)+0: 3,+0 Total:3
Roll(1d6)+0: 1,+0 Total:1
Roll(1d8)+0: 1,+0 Total:1
Roll(1d8)+0: 8,+0 Total:8
Roll(1d10)+0: 5,+0 Total:5
Roll(1d10)+0: 6,+0 Total:6
Roll(1d12)+0: 11,+0 Total:11
Roll(1d12)+0: 11,+0 Total:11
Roll(1d20)+0: 11,+0 Total:11
Roll(1d20)+0: 13,+0 Total:13

Edited Message Edited...
JB: Please see your Intro Thread: Canabusis Introduction about my Edit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2013 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game - Page 182

Out of Game:
Canabusis most rolls only take a D20 roll. Such as attacking or making a skill check, making a save or using a other complex actions.

to attack:
You roll 1 D20 add your strength modifier if you have one, your base attack bonus, and the +# of your magical weapon if you have one.
(Ps. Your magic weapons + is a+1).

dealing damage:
Each type of weapon uses a different dice to roll for the amount of damage it can deal. In the case of a war hammer this is 1D8 worth in damage. You then add to the roll the +1 from your weapons being magical. And that is how much damage you inflict in the strike if the attack was successful.

Roll(1d20)=11:
11+0+1=12
Total:12

Roll(1d8)=1:
1,+1=2
Total:2

In Game:
Canabusis, attempts to throw her war hammer at tree #3, the hammer goes flying out of her hand attempting to hit the tree. But her aim is off and it boomerangs around the tree and returns to her hand with out hitting the tree at all.

Out of Game:
You missed because your attack roll was lower then there defense number. If you had landed the blow in this case you would of dealt 2 damage which by the way is the least damage you can ever deal with that weapon. The most damage you can deal with that weapon without criticaling is 9 damage a hit. If you ever roll a 20 on the 20 sided dice this is called a critical. At [which] time your damage is times X3. Also your weapon as a 50% chance when you critical to stun the enemy for 1 round.

And, don't worry about picking up how the game works, it will come with time. The more questions you ask, the more I can help you learn it. Okay.

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2013 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 182

Yaeth will attack mimic 1 as that is the one that hit him the best. He will use his rapid shot feat and use arrows with frost. He hopes that he can kill it too.

Rolls or attack. This includes the +5 for range, +3 for bow and -2 for the feat. I will give you four rolls in case I get another attack of opportunity. Attack rolls: 16, 22, 19, 17.

Damage rolls include the +3 for the bow and the added d4 for frost damage: 10, 6, 8, 9.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.