Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game - Page 189 of 191

Cani, Hearing the sound of pursuit end and - Page 189 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jun, 2013 - 6:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 191 pgs.  185 186 187 188 189 190 191 
Closed
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 9:09am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game - Page 189

In Game:
Matt grabs Haru by the hand noting the frightened look on the boy's face, He pulls at him as he moves across the road. Haru snaps out of his lightly overwhelmed fear and follows Matt. There steps started as a fast walk and quickly turn in to a run. Alexander gives chase and Proas takes up a spot near the back glancing over his shoulder often as the group starts to run. The sound of crashing can be heard far behind but gaining fast.

Out of Game:
In order to move the story along I took the liberty of moving some currently inactive players with the majority of the group.

Extra rolls time! Let's see what the luck of the dice has in store.

In Game:
Holly against the order of the party leader moves toward the sound. The others in the group giving flee across the road and in to the woods on the other side.
Can navigate the trees as the group runs the other way with a grace of her normal skill amplify by the boots she has. As she glances back over her shoulder she can see the group is spread thin disappearing in to the woods across the road. Holly manages to move toward the sound that grows quicker with each crashing sound, staying down and hidden as much as she can.
She can see the trees moving in the distance and that something is lumbering in them it's not till the thing is nearly on top of her that she can see anything coming. Swiftly from the woods a Large Treant smashes down a rooted foot next to where she hit hardly managing to miss getting trampled by it. As the oversized tree monster stomps past her she can hear it mumbling in Common, "Cut my trees and think you will get away. I will find you tree cutter and make you in to mulch."

Canabusis takes to her feet and quickening in pace to keep up with the others, she trips for a moment on a unearthed root then recovers quickly leaping to her feet and running. She can't see the others in front of her any more but she can hear the others coming up behind as they run in the grassy woods.

Izumi makes her motion to run and in a glace back over her shoulder takes a hard brush of the shoulder to a tree, twirling her round she stumbles for a moment then keeps running.

Yaeth bow in hand takes to his feet giving a speedy run and attempting to navigate the spaced trees of this part of the woods, he slows in a moment of navigation momentary inability to climb quickly over a neatly placed log instead of doubling back to circumvent the small clusters of trees. This action lags him letting the others ahead of him gain distance and watching some of the others run past him. He recovers and begins to run again.

Felipe looks back at where the sound was coming from as he moves. He managed to navigate the train with skill even while looking back over his shoulder most of the time. He however cannot see what is following them even if the sound is getting a lot closer and loader and he can even see some of the trees tops shaking with the sound.

Alexander keeps up just in front of Felipe he see Yaeth climb over the log and takes the other way around the group of tress not slowing in his speed a bit as he runs.

Praos in the back of the group watches holly disappear in to the woods toward the sound he wants to help her but there is nothing he could do. He takes to the road and follows the group running in to the woods and looking over his shoulder as often as he can.

Haru stays at Matt's side getting pulled a long by Mats much willfully as with brought strength. This put Haru off balance and when the boy trips he bring the both of them down before recovering.

Matt won't let go of Haru so when the boy falls he pulls Matt down with him the 2 get up and take off running again. They were in front of the group at this point and can only hear the others behind them.

The group Runs for as long as they can manage till they are each hard of breath and no longer hearing the tromping of the something far behind them. When the members of this rag tag group stop they are spread thin. No one member can see all the others in the group. In fact where is Matt and where is Haru? And holly oh pore Holly where is she at and why did she go running back in to the woods like that!? Felipe and Proas are near each other and can see the woman and Yaeth off to their right and a head perhaps 30 foot in the woods. Alexander ended up a bit ahead of the others. Yaeth and Cani and Izumi are relatively near each other and can see Alexander up a head maybe 20 foot off.

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 29th Jun, 2013 - 9:11am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 9:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons

Holly stares wide eyed at the treant as it rushes past, "Great lord of all the woods! I'm so very sorry, but what has cut your trees?" She stays hidden, hoping to get a response as she darts around, "Sir, we were attacked by mimics that was pretending to be trees! One of them tried to eat me! You can see the bite marks and the goo of the weird sticky stuff they excrete! Are they who you were speaking of? We're not trying to make trouble, all we want is to get out of here!" She begins to cry, "Please good lord, I just want to go home to my village and where the gardens are tended and beautiful! I want to see a desert rose again!" She speaks in the sylvan tongue, knowing it's the language of the forests and fey, "Please Good Lord of Trees, I know your tongue. I love the trees and forests. This place is beautiful but it's so scary for a little girl like me!"

Out of Game: Diplomacy 15+8=23

Reconcile Edited: HunnyBunny on 29th Jun, 2013 - 9:25am

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 9:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The lumbering Treant slowed to a stop as the words come form his forest bed by an unseen thing.

"Show yours self one that walks where it souled not." It barks at the voice of holly from the underbrush.

"I care not for the Mimics that take the form of my trees this is not the cutting of them that has made my trees cry so." It's tone is angry and unpleasant grumbling and raw.

"If you so love thees then tell me where I can find the one that has cut in so many of them and even left a mark of name upon ones skin. I seek the one called Holly so I might smash it in to compost and feed it back to the trees it has cut so deep." The Treant scans the forest bed attempting to locate the one it is talking to.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 9:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 189 Game Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons

Holly steps out into the open, careful to have an avenue of escape, "Good lord, I'm so sorry. I'm Holly, Holly Thistlewood. I didn't think much. After the mimics attacked us, I started scratching random trees." Her eyes well up in tears, "If you want to kill me, please make it quick. Maybe then I can finally leave this place. I only scratched the trees more in precaution because I didn't want to be attacked again by another mimic pretending to be a tree. I didn't know it would hurt them, and I would personally apologize to each and every one of the trees." Holly begins to have several misgivings about the courage to admit it was her to do such, but a lie might just cost her her life in any case. "Sir, I'm just a child, ignorant of the pain I caused your trees. I'll admit it that I just didn't know. But see," She points at the bite mark given by the mimic, "This is why. It was much worse before this. I was healed by one of my friends and now I'm all alone. And it's my fault that they're running. Please don't hurt them. They're not to blame for my actions."

Reconcile Edited: HunnyBunny on 29th Jun, 2013 - 10:00am

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 10:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons

The large Treant's deep sent and woody eyes flair as the girl admits to not only being "Holly" But the one that has cut the trees. The large and wood shaped hands of the Treant move down swiftly in a way that makes holly think shes going to be smashed. Shocked she is not she realizes he is picking her up by her hood. The feet of the girl dangle and the force of the hood hooded cape holding her up is lightly choking. The Treant lifts the girl up and sets her down on its other hand. Letting the girl stand freely in his palm at eye to eye level. "You say you would die for what you have done?" He looks for an answer of truth.

"Alright then now your life belongs to the trees." He curled up the branchy fingers to make a loosely griped hand, more resembling a cage over the girl then a jester to crush. Not a moment later it begins to move walking back the way it had come with holly in hand trapped.

The group in the distance can hear the sound of its steps start back up but quickly realize the crashing steps are moving in the other direction, and safely away.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Holly thinks to herself, this may be bad, but he is not aware I have a ring of freedom, which he cannot grapple me and I will escape quickly and easilly. She quickly thinks to herself about the equipment she has available in her pockets, acid flasks, fire sand, and her boots of swiftness. Aha! She activates her boots of swiftness and runs for it towards the direction of her allies and begins to pull out her fire sand.. Not going to use this unless I have to. However, let him try and capture me and see what happens. Acid Flasks at the ready instead. No wait, what about, oh nevermind, I am not letting this tree keep me. He should have tried to kill me when he had the chance, I didn't lie to him, I told him to make it quick and instead he would have drawn it out. He's not going to be able to catch me. And if he tries it, I will make like difficult for him.

Out of Game: Initiative roll 14+10=24 Movement speed now 70 feet due to the boots Jump 3+22=25 Tumble 4+30=34 Survival (Allows tracing and keeping her bearings in the woods or other terrain) 17+2=19

So what she does is goes back in the opposite direction for an instant and then hooks over and around and behind the tree and darts off in the direction of her allies before he even realizes she's gone. He can't catch me!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jun, 2013 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game - Page 189

In Game: Felipe will pull out his sword and shield while going to where the sound is coming from, he will get ready for combat if he sees an enemy.

29th Jun, 2013 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 189

Cani, Hearing the sound of pursuit end and move away stops abruptly, looking to take a count of the group she yells ahead of her " Stop, wait a moment." Trying to slow her pounding heart, looking around she takes inventory of her new found companions as they catch up.

OUT OF GAME:
Rolls Search(1d20)+4:11,+4Total:15
Spot(1d20)+5:5,+5Total:10
Listen(1d20)+5:12,+5Total:17

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Main Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.