"Into The Darkness" RPG: Character Approval / Q&A - Page 7 of 9

Hey, I didn't know where to put this, - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th May, 2013 - 5:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Closed
Dungeons & Dragons RPG Variant Only Post here if you wish to participate in Oinodaemon's Dungeons & Dragons variant RPG. You should read Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" Rules And Setting to ensure you know the differences between the core Dungeons & Dragons ruleset and the variation in this RPG.
"Into The Darkness"  RPG: Character Approval / Q&A Related Information to "Into The Darkness" RPG: Character Approval / Q&A

RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here.
Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction.
Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

31st Mar, 2013 - 6:34am / Post ID: #

"Into The Darkness" RPG: Character Approval / Q&A - Page 7

Thank you, dude. That's enough. About weapons: does they mantain the same range as per the original rules?

Sponsored Links:
31st Mar, 2013 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

QampA Approval Character RPG Darknessquot quotInto

Thrown weapons have a 10 ft base, +2 ft per strength point over 10. Objects can be thrown farther, of course, but there's a -1 To Hit penalty per 5 ft over max range. Bows vary greatly depending on factors. Depending on bow type, terrain, etc, effective range is anywhere from 20 ft to 300 ft

Melee ranges are about the same as Dungeons & Dragons rules.

Rather off topic, but...
My apologies for placing you on the stairs, I misread your action. I'll try not to do that again.

Reconcile Edited: Oinodaemon on 31st Mar, 2013 - 5:21pm

3rd Apr, 2013 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

"Into The Darkness" RPG: Character Approval / Q&A Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Man, take it just as a suggestion since I don't want to sound like teaching things or what: I would never split the combat round. Rather wait for everybody and then move it. Else you will have to deal with this two situations: 1-People playing round 3 while others still in round 2 (you can imagine the mess) 2- People basing their action on the result of the actions of the others in that same round.
Combat is simultaneous, a round being approximately 6 seconds of elapsed time and the last in initiative doesn't have to know if the first in initiative already succeeded or not.

3rd Apr, 2013 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Page 7 QampA Approval Character RPG Darknessquot quotInto

I just wanted to let you guys know I was paying attention, but I was thinking about it a while ago myself, and you're right. I'm still getting used to Play by Post, I guess. I would never have considered a "Mid round" during a table top session.

Dude, no matter how good someone is at something there is always room for improvement, and I'm happy to receive advice from you. You don't have to feel strange about offering suggestions, I'll either take your advice or I won't, and there is little you could say that would offend me.

3rd Apr, 2013 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

QampA Approval Character RPG Darknessquot quotInto

Yup, this is very different from table top: after several months I'm still struggling myself sometimes. Small things here become huge. Just think about rolls you didn't predict, like attacks of opportunity: sometimes you don't know if there are any until you resolve the combat round. Around a table, you waste 10 seconds while here could require two days... Just like you said, I'm ready for suggestions too because finding the way to make everything quicker here is essential.

6th May, 2013 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

"Into The Darkness" RPG: Character Approval / Q&A

Dude, I know some of the guys are having issues with their internet connection but I think you should update the game more often. Rather than waiting for them, let them catch up with the rest of us when they post.

Me and KNtoran will still be in, we are here not only for your game, but the new member might get bored and quit. A slow pace risks to scare away potential new players also. Not important how many active players you have, keep the story going. If the game flows, people will surely join.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th May, 2013 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

"Into Darkness" RPG Character Approval / Q&A - Page 7

Thanks dude, you're right. Zed is actually my room mate, but I've barely seen him for like a week, we work opposite shifts and we're both working two jobs.

Post Date: 20th May, 2013 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

"Into The Darkness"  RPG: Character Approval / Q&A
A Friend

"Into Darkness" RPG Character Approval / Q&A D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

Hey, I didn't know where to put this, so it's going here. Recently I've had some things come up, and I'm not really sure if I'm going to have the time to keep playing. I'm really sorry, but it just ended up not working.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: "Into The Darkness" RPG: Character Approval / Q&A

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.