Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG

Oinodaemon' S Darkness 3 5 Rpg - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Mar, 2013 - 6:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
Best of  Oinodaemon' s This is the MAIN Game Thread for those who already have a Character created. Do note that although the backbone is Dungeons & Dragons the game rules have a strong variant side. Check Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" Rules And Setting for details.
Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG Related Information to Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG
26th Feb, 2013 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" RPG

Sir Kevon finds himself in the small fishing village of Plaeti, in a small tavern called, "The Drunken Walrus."

The Drunken Walrus is a prosperous inn near the docks. It is clean and tidy, if not particularly busy this afternoon.

A greasy, balding man stands behind the bar wiping glasses, occassionally shouting at a servant girl who moves too slowly.

A pretty young woman in the outfit of a serving girl walks over to the table and looks at Sir Kevon, flashing him a quick smile, "What can I getcha, hon?"

Out of Game: Alright, you are now. In Game:: Feel free to look around, talk to people (Use quotes), or perform actions.

Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2013 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Darknessquot quotInto Oinodaemons

Kevon: Hello! Blessings of Tumblefoot upon you wench. I'll take a jug of your finest ale. Also by chance have you heard of any work around town?

26th Feb, 2013 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

She smiles again as the small golden coin Kevon hands her deftly disappears down her blouse, "Well, darlin'!" She exclaims, "Haven't you heard? Give me a moment, I'll bring you your ale and tell you." She saunters away, disappearing through a door behind the bar.

After a moment, she returns, clutching a mug of ale the size of a hobbit's leg. She sits down next to Kevon, placing a hand on his knee. "You really haven't heard, darlin'? It's all anyone's been talkin' about lately."

Reconcile Edited: Oinodaemon on 26th Feb, 2013 - 6:00am

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2013 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Kevon: "And what might it be lass" as Kevon grabs the rather large mug and starts drinking whilst eyeing the room

26th Feb, 2013 - 6:24am / Post ID: #

"Why, the one million gold piece reward on the Crown of the Vermillion Devil, of course! Rumor has it that old Emperor up on the mainland issued the reward himself. We've had adventurers tumbling over themselves trying to get here for over a month now. Luckily, stormy season just hit, so it might actually quiet down again for a while."

Kevon notices it begins to drizzle outside as the woman talks.

1st Mar, 2013 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Quasar: The small town of Praeti grows larger and larger to your eyes as the small, creaky vessel moves slowly towards it. The sullen eyed rowers grumble to each other occasionally about the weather. It has begun raining, very lightly, and soon water begins to seep through your clothing in spots.

The docks are small, only two short piers, maybe large enough to hold two full sized ships each. There is a long street at the docks, stretching from one side of town to the other. The lights of buildings shine in the darkness all along the street.

The Captain of the vessel you rented, a small man with beady eyes and a wiry moustache, walks over to you as the rowers slide the ship alongside one of the piers. His face is solemn as he approaches.
"Well, trav'ler, 'ere we are. I told ye I'd getcha 'ere safely. Fines' rig in the world, she is." He looks at the deck of the ship lovingly.

One of the rowers scoffs lightly and the captain shoots him a dirty look, then turns back to you, speaking more softly, "I don' normally ask questions o' my passengers, but I 'ave a hunch about you. Yer 'ere fer that Crown, and the Million Gold Piece bounty, right? No one comes to this flyspeck fer no other reason. Jus' know this, lad, most o' them folks that go looking' fer it, never come back."

Rip Thorn- It has been three days since your arrival in Praeti. Three days spent looking for a lead on the Crown of the Vermilion Devil, three days of failure. The weather wasn't helping, either. It seems every time you step onto the wooden boardwalks that serve as roads it starts to rain almost immediately. Such is the case right now. You have spent maybe an hour looking for informants in bars, and already the rain has begun again. The rain is not too heavy, but it has soaked through most of your clothing.

You see a sign hanging over a door farther down the street, and occasional snatches of music drift down the street whenever someone enters or exits the building. You start to make your way towards it.
Suddenly, a wizened and shriveled crone steps from an alley and extends a nearly skeletal finger at you.
"YOU!" She screeches, rushing over to you and shoving her finger near your face, "THE LIGHT! THE FLAME! DEATH, DEATH HAS YOU IN HIS GRASP! FLEE FROM THIS PLACE! THE MIND! WHERE IS IT NOW? Where..is it...now?" Her head bows, eyes to the floor. She sways for a moment, but as you reach out a hand to help the obviously insane woman, her eyes snap back to your face and she holds up her arms as if warding off a blow.

She lowers her arms and looks you in the eyes, and suddenly the madness is gone from her eyes, "He wants you, you know. All of you. And he will have you, if you are not careful. You will have companions, souls chosen by fate to prevent catastrophe. There will be death and chaos in your future. But there is light at the end, if you are strong enough to pull through. Find the Sage Terebeechi, he will help you with what you seek. Stay vigilant, and you may yet survive."

The elderly woman stares at you for a long moment, then she screams as if in agony, "GAAAAH! THE FLAME, THE FLAME! HE'S COMING!"

She turns and runs down the alley from which she came, shoes slipping slightly as she steps off the wooden boardwalk and into the muddy alley. You follow her around a corner or two, hoping she doesn't slip and hurt herself in the mud. Suddenly, the smacking sounds of her feet hitting the muddy alley stop. You continue until you find the spot you believe the sound last came from, but there is no one there. A chill runs through you, and the sensation of being watched begins to overwhelm you.

Reconcile Edited: Oinodaemon on 1st Mar, 2013 - 2:54am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2013 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into Darkness" 3.5 RPG

"No prize comes without a risk", says Quasar to the shipmaster, "And the bigger the prize, the bigger the risk. Usually". Using his quarterstaff like a crutch to get down of the vessel, he turns once again to the Captain: "You did a good job, bringing me here safe as you promised. My gold was not wasted. But after a long trip, my throat longs for a treat. Can you show me the way to a tavern? One with good ale and even better wenches?".
While waiting for the answer to his question, the magician leans on his quarterstaff. He takes a good look around, eager to learn as much as possible about this unknown town.

Out of Character: This is just to let you know I'm alive. Waiting for updates to setting, if not a map. And, a question: how can I take actions if I don't know which skills I have?

1st Mar, 2013 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into Darkness" 3.5 RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Ripthorn continues to walk cautiously through [the] ally searching for footprints or even a way out[.]

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (49) »

> TOPIC: Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.