Future Earth - Jungle Biowarfare RPG - Page 9 of 23

Uhura signals to Seth about Major's - Page 9 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 8th Aug, 2013 - 12:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (23) »
Closed
Future Earth RPG - Arctic Rescue

SCENARIO - The actual story is updated here by the GM.
25th Jul, 2013 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth - Jungle Biowarfare RPG - Page 9

The Game Master says...

You leave the couples to their life in the mountain pass and come back down to the point where you made the decision to journey up it.

Major quickly reviews the guide. Tourists sometimes use this trail for exotic bird watching. Anhima cornuta, parrots and other unusual birds not seen in the Northern countries are a sight to see for naturalists and bird enthusiasts. Caution is advised for native creatures that might be protecting their nests or territory. Snakes, monkeys, and hogs are mentioned as some of the most common encounters.

Seeing that your main resolve is to get to Section C3 you decide to go through the thick of the jungle. There is a path that heads in the direction of Section C3 but what is readily apparent 10 minutes into your hike is that the density of the jungle over the trail increases the further you go. You can only see as little as 10-20 feet in front of you at times. Occasionally, you come across what could be considered a natural clearing that gives you some visual room. You feel the need to have a cutlass or machete at hand if you are to continue effectively.

GM: Please provide marching order as you will only be able to venture single file. The person in front will need a blade and perhaps the person behind as well.

Sponsored Links:
27th Jul, 2013 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

RPG Biowarfare Jungle Earth Future

The Game Master says...

Nathan takes lead with Major right behind him, Thomas in between and Uhura to the rear. Seth stands there seemingly unaware of his surroundings or which position he should take.

GM: I need a Soul roll for Seth.

You make your way through the jungle and at times see some of the animals mentioned by the guide. You are relieved that nothing unusual has beset you thus far. As Nathan slashes some bushes he comes across a clearing 10'x15' with many leaves on the ground and surrounding by trees and horned thickets.

GM: Say what you wish to do now.

29th Jul, 2013 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth - Jungle Biowarfare RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Game Master says...

Seth, after catching himself looking at some of the wildlife a little too long, catches up with the rest of you. Uhura and Thomas are the first to welcome him back to the mission as they are keeping watch.

Meanwhile...

Nathan throws a small stone towards the middle of the clearing. Instead of the thud you would expect it makes no sound as though it fell on something soft. It then slowly disappears between the leaves.

At that same time...

Major prods with a branch and finds the ground unusually soft and muddy.

30th Jul, 2013 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 RPG Biowarfare Jungle Earth Future

The Game Master says...

Major checks for vines. There are vines hanging from nearby trees but not around the clearing. He then checks for a log long enough to go across. He sees none laying about but possibly a tree could be cut but then will be the wonder of how to move it?

Meanwhile...

As the others stand around Uhura and Nathan checks for another way around the clearing. There are are possible ways around the clearing but they will mean cutting down thick bushes in a large arc and you do not know which direction you will be forced to proceed or what the terrain will be like.

1st Aug, 2013 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

RPG Biowarfare Jungle Earth Future

The Game Master says...

GM: Do note, I tend to ignore actions that are too general, for instance: I will do something, I will ask someone, I will pick somebody, I will chose one of them, and so forth. I do not chose actions for Characters so it must be specific.

Major weighs the value of cutting trees to fall across. It may work if you spend most of the day cutting a small nearby tree, however you will have to hope it falls precisely and tread carefully across it.

Meanwhile...

Nathan starts hacking through thick bushes. It is a tiring task and in five minutes you only get a few feet because of the intertwining undergrowth, mud and height of jungle in this location.

At this time...

While Seth and Thomas wait and watch... Uhura tries to connect to the Net to get a global position but reception cannot be obtained here.

3rd Aug, 2013 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth - Jungle Biowarfare RPG

The Game Master says...

At this time you remember the arms dealer and you wish you could go back and select the right tools you would need for a jungle mission. Your mind pictures: axe and cutlass among his archaic offerings. You then start to comment if the arms dealer had anything that you could have bought but did not ask.

While the others ponder their inability to find a solution to the current problem Major decides to climb a tree for a better look. The moss and small insects do not make it a worry free event.

GM: I need a D20 against Body for Major.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Aug, 2013 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Future Earth Jungle Biowarfare RPG - Page 9

The Game Master says...

Seth informs everyone about buying supplies and without further ado starts making his way back to the village alone.

Just after...

Major gets a good spot from which to look above everything as Nathan looks on, then suddenly it occurs to Major that he can use the tree's branches that intertwine with other close tree branches to by pass the clearing below. He relays his idea although he knows it will take some skill to accomplish. He also has a look around but the jungle here is so thick that all you see is more green, just from a different angle.

Meanwhile...

Uhura analyzes jumping the clearing. The feat will take both athletic skill, a clear path, and little equipment on you in order to attempt. Seeing that none of these are possible you see that it will likely be a formidable challenge.

Just then...

Thomas just stands looking on.

GM: I need a Soul roll from Thomas. Say what you wish to do now.

8th Aug, 2013 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Future Earth Jungle Biowarfare RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 9

The Game Master says...

Uhura signals to Seth about Major's discovery while Major decides to some down from the tree and dash to accompany Seth to the Village. It will take you some time to get back the village.

Meanwhile...

Thomas is left standing aloof as Nathan climbs the same tree Major did.

GM: The action for Nathan was not clear so I will assume he goes up the tree Nathan climbed. I need a D20 Body roll for Nathan and a D20 Soul roll for Thomas.

> TOPIC: Future Earth - Jungle Biowarfare RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,