Rome: Total War - Page 2 of 2

Getting all the factions in Rome: Total War - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 6th Aug, 2013 - 2:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Rome, Total War
31st Aug, 2012 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Rome: Total War - Page 2

It is not always about tax. Sometimes its because your men have not been retrained, you do not have a governor or no buildings that increase health / public order. This is more apparent when you have 20+ cities to maintain and you need all the cash you can get for the army.

Sponsored Links:
1st Sep, 2012 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

War Total Rome

Here is a tip: The more governors you have each city, the less chances that there will be a riot, you might try different things to make the citizens happy. In the city's stats you Have to see a green face, no yellow, nor blue or red! When you see any color bedsides a green face, that means you have chances of getting a riot, but with a green face, you have 100% chance of not getting a riot.

1st Oct, 2012 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Rome: Total War Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I yesterday I figure out this cool trick while playing the Gaul in Rome: Total War, - (RTW), you can capture Rome in five turns! This is what you need to do....

1. First, in the beginning, you move the faction leader on the middle of the two towns, Patiunum and the other one a little further away, than you click at the family member and his armies that they are next to Patiunum and make him join the faction leader.

2. Second, you click at Patiunum and build a port, this will let you create boats, and in the other city you create warbands and swordsman for two turns. Now after your first turn is over, you hit the the end turn again, now is the third turn, now you have a port in Patiunum, so you create 1 fleet of boats, after that you move the warbands and the swordsman to join the faction leader, now the faction leader's army is full! At the first turn, you will need to expect S.P.Q.R, (Senate) to move almost all it's armies near Rome, when that happens, you move your spy in rome to open the gates when you attack so when you move your armies to attack rome, you don't need to create a ram and when the you end your turn the biggest army of Rome will attack you, no, you don't want that to happen!

3. Third, end your third turn, don't worry, S.P.Q.R will not move it's biggest army back to Rome, now it's your fourth turn! Now you will have a fleet of boats, move the faction leader's armies to the boats and move the boats to the mountins where the The house of Julili owns them, careful, this might trigger transgression and they will attack you, you don't want that to happen, right, now your army is on the mountains, make the army move near Rome, and end your turn.

4. Now the battle has begin! Now move your faction leader's army to attack Rome! Your spy already opened the gates, so you attack, you will see on the battle scroll the smallest army on Rome, and you will see no reinforcements form the biggest army! You will win now! After you won, you toke Rome! The biggest army of S.P.Q.R became rebels! Now S.P.Q.R. Is destroyed! That will put you a huge advantage of S.P.Q.R.'s allies when you attack them!

This is my trick! biggrin.gif

Edited Message Edited...
Support: Please keep topics in the same thread.

18th Nov, 2012 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 War Total Rome

In case you need to transfer your saved games to another hard drive or want to back them up so you don't lose them then look here for them:

international CODE
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\saves

This assumes you installed to the default folder otherwise you just need the folder called "Saves".

22nd Dec, 2012 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

War Total Rome

After playing some factions besides the Brutii, Scippi, and Julii, on Rome:Total War, I noticed that every time that I try to make an alliance with S.P.Q.R, they decline my offer, and after that S.P.Q.R (the Senate) commands one of it's allies (Brutii, Scippi, and Julii) to try to destroy my faction!

When I toke Rome very early for the first time while playing the Gaul, I tried to make an alliance with the Brutii and Scippi and they accept! But don't be fooled by that, after a few turns, all this time both Romans create a huge army to take Rome. You see? Once you take Rome, the Brutii and Scippi becomes weak and then you finish them off and wipe out their faction!

5th Jul, 2013 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Rome: Total War

How to get the factions S.P.Q.R (Senate), rebels, and other factions that were unplayable in some versions of Rome: Total War! (PC)

I have found a really good trick here, I got it from someone else, but let me tell you what it is, it is the trick to how to get the S.P.Q.R, Rebels, and other faction's (That cannot be unlocked through playable factions) imperial campaign, it is very easy. Lets go with step one...

1. After completing the entire process of installing Rome: Total War, make sure the ENTIRE game is working and then you will start the process of hacking the game now.

2. OK, first you click one of the main desktop files "Computer" And click the local disk drive (Or hard drive or something else similar) and click "Search" And put "Descr_Strat" And wait for the search to be completed.

3. Then you are supposed to see 4 files (Or more, probably) that says the same words from the search box, as you can see, there are two files that seems to be the same but it's now, you will see two files with a title that says "Descr_strat", do not click any of them, yet.

4. Look at the description of the two files, one says:

international CODE
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial campaign
And the second one says:
international CODE
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\sons_of_mars

5. So you click the first one that in the end that says "Imperial campaign" And you will get a notepad program with a giant amount of code that shows you the factions and the details of it. At the first part of the giant amount of code you will see...

international CODE
; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

Campaign imperial_campaign
Playable
romans_julii
romans_brutii
romans_scipii
End
Unlockable
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities
End
Nonplayable
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
scythia
spain
thrace
numidia
romans_senate
slave
End

Now, before editing this amount of code, you need to first go back to the notepad program with the giant codes and select ALL the codes by using the windows button "Select all" And copy it, (Copy the spaces as well). Then, you go back to the desktop and open up a new "Text document" File and click on it and paste the code inside the new notepad and use the save button.

6. Right, now go back to the "Descr_strat" File and take all the texts that mention the factions that are in the under the "End nonplayable" To "Campaign playable" And there you go! Now you can play the Senate and the other unplayable factions when you play Rome: Total War! If you want, you can do the same action before but with "End unlockable" Too.

Some of you might say "What is the use of the copy of "Descr_Strat?" Well the answer is that sometimes Rome:Total war might glitch up a bit and that allows you to not play any campaigns but instead will go to the previous menu, to stop that, you go the copy from the new notepad file and copy all the code there (No mistakes please otherwise that's it) and remove the codes of the original "Descr_Strat" And replace the empty file with the copied codes of the new notepad, save the original "Descr_Strat" And Rome: Total war will be normal again.

I wanted to show you the pictures of what I am talking about but unfortunately the computer board doesn't have that option. Oh, I almost forgot, when you play the S.P.Q.R in this version of Rome: Total war, whatever you do, DO NOT press the "Senate" Button, this will trigger a big glitch there that will cause the game to crash.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 6th Jul, 2013 - 12:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Aug, 2013 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Rome Total War - Page 2

Getting all the factions in Rome: Total War version 1.0 is pretty cool after hacking it, but there is also other cheats and hacks that we can use, let's see what it is...

1. You can get lots of gold for your faction by just changing some numbers on the text editor file (This file is Descr_strat (1) imperial campaign). That is first, now how you can do this? It is very simple, but you have to be careful though.

Now on my previous post you can see the list of factions of Rome: Total War imperial campaign and the text editor file, but of course there is more after that, there is the "Start date and the end date", "The win conditions", "Start of landmarks section", "Start of resources section" Etc. After all that then you will see this:

international CODE
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;; >>>> start of factions section <<<<

After that then you will see this below:

international CODE

Faction romans_julii, comfortable caesar
Denari 5000

Now you simply replace the "5000" To whatever number you want there (But don't put too much though otherwise it is not going to work when you play the campaign). There is also other factions in the text editor with similar text just like "Romans_julii" So you can change the denari amount in every faction of Rome: total war.

That is another hack for the game, but there is also cheats as well, while you are playing a faction press ~ and you will see a text box called "RomeShell" And you will have to put the cheat code there, some codes does not work in some versions of Rome total war so not all cheats work in this game.

Remember, the cheats codes are case sensitive, one mistake or if the cheat works once, then you will have to save your game, quit, and play Rome: Total war and load your save file for the cheat to be used again, this can happen in some versions in Rome: Total war, there are some that allows you to use the cheat codes as many times as you want without quitting the game and restarting it.

I have got these cheats from someone else for the game, but let's see what it is:

The creating units cheat: In this one, one of your settlements can receive units for free, what's cool is that you can get any unit from any faction you want! (Well, almost every unit because there are some that doesn't work for several reasons). This is the cheat code when you get access to RomeShell:

Create_unit "(Settlement name)" "(Unit Name) (ID) (EXP) (Amount) (Exp or armor or weapon)" If this seems to be complicated for some of you, then you can use this example:

If I own the settlement "Rome" And I wanted to put some "Urban Cohort" In it, then I have to put this cheat in RomeShell:

international CODE
create_unit "Rome" "roman praetorian cohort urban I" 5 8 8 8 8

If you are playing another faction besides the Romans and putting this cheat while owning Rome, you will see 5 cards of the Urban cohorts but it will not be like the original one, besides seeing the "Urban cohorts" In the card you will see "Peasants" Dressed in grey. Pretty strange huh? But don't be fooled by that. When you see play the Urban cohorts in the battle map, instead you will see " Peasants" You will see urban cohorts dressed in red, it works perfectly, but for some reasons it is 'weaker' than the original unit because you are playing a faction that is not representing the Romans.

Remember, the words from the cheat "Urban I" Put the "I" On lowercase because it works properly that way.

That is the first cheat, now let's go for the second one...

Increasing the population of a settlement, the cheat can work on in all settlements and cities even it is neutral, enemy, or allied territory. This is an example of activating the cheat properly:

international CODE
add_population Rome 5000

Remember, "5000" Is the maximum amount of people the cheat can bring to the settlement, you can put "10000" Or more but instead the cheat will go back to "5000" Or "4000" Or less. But it may not work at all! And you will have to quit and start back Rome total war all over again. That is quite annoying.

These are two cheats that works in the game, there are much more that I have right now, (About 20 or more), but I am still trying to figure out how activate all of them and when I do, I will put them here so you all who play Rome Total War can use it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Rome: Total War

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,