Does Money Make You Happy? - Page 2 of 5

money definitly makes me happy! my - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2004 - 9:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Be honest, when you get your pay check, a lump sum, or a bonus, do you feel renewed?
Post Date: 18th Nov, 2004 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Does Money Make You Happy?
A Friend

Does Money Make You Happy? - Page 2

Money doesn't make me feel any happier. I sure am glad if someone gives it to me but the money I earn by working makes me feel happier as I know I earned it. It also makes me feel secure that when I go somewhere I don't say ...

"Sorry guys, I can't join you. I don't have any money."

And also now that I have scholarship its easier in the means of money but off course more pressure at school to keep the scholarship.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2004 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Happy You Money Does

Be honest, when you get your pay check, a lump sum, or a bonus, do you feel renewed?

Renewed? No. When I get my paycheck I feel that I have earned it, and now I can pay my bills. When I get a bonus I also feel that I have earned it and I feel rewarded.

A lump sum?? Such as in an insurance payment for an accident, or when you sell something and instead of getting payments you get a lump sum? Renewed? Again NO.

The only way money does make me happy is when I have enough to pay my bills. I am happy in the knowledge that I am living within my means, my income.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2004 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Does Money Make You Happy? Health & Special Psychology

Every body on this thread agreed that money itself don't bring happiness but the things that you can buy with them give them SOME comfort .... of course they bring happiness , they are the measure of our efforts ( if you like it or not) We get up in the morning to go to work and make money , but we do not like the symbol of our efforts (they teaches us at home, in church, at school that they are not that important but we end up wanting more for us or for our family and we do not like it that more means more money) .It is kind of ironic !

19th Nov, 2004 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Happy You Money Does

Absolutely!

I think the question asked in the first post and the one that appears to be suggested in the topic heading's "by line" are, or at least appear to be, quite different. It seems everyone is addressing the question from the first post. I choose to address the other statement instead.

I am definately happy when I receive a bonus or an unexpected lump sum of money. I am always a bit happier on payday. I feel renewed.

I don't think money can bring eternal happiness, but that doesn't mean it can't bring some short term relief.

A teacher posed it this way once:

You have $10,000. You lose it. Would you be sad? Now, suppose someone finds it and returns it to you. Would you not be happy, at least for a little while? So, in that sense, money just bought you happiness. wink.gif

However, it obviously won't solve all of your problems and make everything in your life good. We will always have problems, but I certainly would prefer to have my problems while I have money than have my problems only compounded by my lack of money.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 19th Nov, 2004 - 10:02pm

19th Nov, 2004 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Happy You Money Does

Tenaheff, I know what you're saying but I think the issue here is that if the feeling you are describing is 'happiness' or just 'excitement' there is a huge difference between both of them.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2004 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Money cannot buy long term happiness. There's a lot of rich people that are miserable. However, I would be more than willing to participate in an experiment. Everybody who reads this thread can send me $100 and I will let you know if I am happier.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2004 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Does Money You Happy - Page 2

Well, you know the saying that money doesn't buy happiness, maybe not. But it sure does make me happy. Specially when I just so happen to by chance have more than I've ever had...that makes me very happy.. I mean who wouldn't be happy with money, you ever not had money and been happy, not me in fact people would probably agree that it makes you very down, and sad. Sometimes down right mean, and evil at most.. but yeah it makes me happy.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2004 - 9:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Does Money You Happy Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

money definitly makes me happy! my life's passion is travel and adventure. I wouldn't be able to go on an african safari or a shopping spree in paris france or snowboard down whistler-blackcomb mountain if I had little or no money. money does make the world go 'round. we are taught in school to work hard and get good jobs when we're older so we can be financially stable. therefore, money brings us comfort. money can buy expensive clothes and accessories, which can make most of us feel good about ourselves. and if you live in a capitalist country such as america, money can be the difference between life and death (if you need some sort of an operation and no insurance or your insurance doesnt cover it). having money or not is also the difference between renting a movie on saturday night or going on a cruise to dance salsa in a shiny gucci dress and eating lobster for dinner. money affects every aspect of our lives.. even love. you'd have a MUCH better chance of meeting good quality people if you travelled around the world or studied abroad than if you went to your local community college and hung around the same city most of your time. and also I agree with an earlier reply that said that it's true everybody has their problems.. but it's better to have money and problems rather than problems and a lack of money to top it off. that would suck. haha.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Does Money Make You Happy?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,