Archaic Weapon Of Choice

Archaic Weapon Choice - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 13th Apr, 2005 - 1:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Sword, Spear, Club, Stick, Pole, Whip, Crossbow, Mace, Bow, Fork, etc.
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2004 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Archaic Weapon Of Choice

If you had access to only an archaic weapon of choice in preparation for open combat, which weapon would you choose and why? Here is a partial list of possible weapons:

* Arnis sticks
* bow and arrow
o Yumi (Japanese longbow)
* Knife
o Balisong
o Tanto
o Kris (traditional Malay weapon)
o Dagger
* Nunchaku
* Quarterstaff
o Bo, Jo and Hanbo (Japanese staff weapons)
* Rapier
* Spear
o Naginata (Japanese halberd)
o Yari (Japanese spear)
* Sword
o Bolo
o Broadsword
o Kampilan
o Shinai (Japanese bamboo sword)
o Two-handed sword
o Katana
* 3 Sectional Staff
* Chain Whip
* Clubs & Maces
* Forks

Sponsored Links:
26th Oct, 2004 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Choice Weapon Archaic

I would probably have to choose a crossbow. It is a simple device, relatively easy to aim and use, and very effective. All the other weapons listed require much more practice to become effective at all.

26th Oct, 2004 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Archaic Weapon Of Choice Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I would pick the two-handed sword for open combat. I figure if I'm going down that I'm gonna take quite a few folks with me. One swoop of one of those swords could take out more than one person. :laugh.gif:

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2005 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Archaic Weapon Of Choice
A Friend

Choice Weapon Archaic

Assuming I would be trained in whatever I chose, I would have to go with the sword. I love swords, and I wish I could take fencing lessons or something just for the fun of it. Plus, I think sword fighting does rely on skill, rather than just nowadays when you have to aim and pull a trigger. I mean, I know it takes a bit more because you have to practice aiming and such, but there is a lot of skill to work with a sword.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2005 - 8:30am / Post ID: #

Archaic Weapon Of Choice
A Friend

Choice Weapon Archaic

I also love swords and I believe that japanese one are as close to perfection as a sword could be. I would also like a good battle axe. That is fearsome but far from the elegance of a good sword.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2005 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Archaic Weapon Of Choice
A Friend

Archaic Weapon Of Choice

Definately a sword. I have the basic training required and it is such a sharp weapon that one hit will leave your opponent screaming.

On the other hand a Halberd also is a good choice. Long, Sharp, is in a shape that will also implae or slash very well.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2005 - 7:22am / Post ID: #

Archaic Weapon Of Choice
A Friend

Archaic Weapon Choice

I would take a Japanese Wakizashi. They are smaller than the Katana, but lighter and thus more maneuverable. I love Katana's and thats what I practice with, but Katana's are better used for bateau jitsu, the art of one strike kills. Being larger and longer, they can kill faster. But the wakizashi is better for drawn out combat.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2005 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Archaic Weapon Of Choice
A Friend

Archaic Weapon Choice Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I would pick a dagger. They don't require much skill to use which is good as I havent got any, and they are quick. The only thing that could possibly keep me alive is my ability to dodge and move fast. I would have an advantage over a person who chose a large heavy sword in my opionion. Though anyone with training would have my number.
-Unferth

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Archaic Weapon Of Choice

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,