Nuns Marrying Jesus - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE How does one even marry a corpse? I - Page 2 - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2014 - 5:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A form of plural marriage?
13th Jul, 2012 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Nuns Marrying Jesus - Page 2

No offense to any Catholics reading this but I've always found the whole marrying Jesus thing really weird. Why would Jesus want to marry women from all over the world?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2014 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Nuns Marrying Jesus
A Friend

Jesus Marrying Nuns

international QUOTE
In the Catholic religion Nuns marry Jesus rather than any earthly man, is this interpreted to mean that Jesus would have a plurality of wives?

That is messed up. How does one even marry a corpse? Marriage is a vow of a union that lasts until one of the participants dies. Even if a culture believes marriage is eternal, marriage must be between two consenting adults. Regardless of how willing the Nuns may be to become wives of Jesus, Jesus is obviously no longer around to say his "I do" to any such marriage vows; thus, it is impossible for any Nuns to marry Jesus. They can make vows of abstinence. However, they can never marry Jesus.

Reconcile Edited: Rasputin on 23rd Sep, 2014 - 5:04pm

23rd Sep, 2014 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Nuns Marrying Jesus Catholicism Studies

international QUOTE
How does one even marry a corpse?

I do not believe in what the nuns are doing but wouldn't refer to Jesus as a corpse - that is messed up, he is very much living. wink.gif So for the nuns they believe they are marrying a living being all be it symbolically.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Nuns Marrying Jesus

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,