How You View Posts - Page 3 of 3

QUOTE ...how come other members get replies - Page 3 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2012 - 12:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Do you see threads in each board as
30th Jan, 2010 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

How You View Posts - Page 3

Generally, as I've learned other places but now make my standard technique, as mentioned above, I read the first post, usually page, of a thread, might occasionally hit a page or two in between, then hit the last page or two of a thread, so I get a gist of if I even WANT to reply, and if so, what the progression of the topic has been, from first post to last, to see how I need to approach and address it. I tend to skim over a lot of things, as no doubt people tend to skim over mine, usually getting the salient points, but sometimes missing somewhat important things to be considered, and I tend to fully read shorter, more concise posts with good paragraph breaks and line breaks or white space, which is more inviting and courteous, to me.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2012 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Posts View How

I notice that from time to time members get confused by why we index certain subjects. I don't know why but I want to explain a bit. As I understand it, this community caters for ALL topics or every area in the world because the emphasis is on international discussions. Therefore if a subject does not exist we do our best to make sure it is part of the database so that hopefully someone who knows more about that topic can expand on it... Like a wiki of sorts.

24th Sep, 2012 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

How You View Posts Feedback & FAQ News Community

These days the members of this forum doesn't make much replies in other member's topics, how come other members get replies from members, but why some other members can't? It is not fair! undecided.gif

2nd Oct, 2012 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Posts View How

international QUOTE
...how come other members get replies from members

People tend to respond to Topics and Users that are familiar to them. For instance if someone joined to Discuss Sports its not likely that they will respond to a Thread in the Real Estate Board (although I have seen the opposite to this, but it is rare). Hence, International Discussions does NOT focus on one theme or what some like but it is a means of catering for EVERY Topic imaginable so anyone can have an input.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: How You View Posts

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,