George W. Bush - The Next Move - Page 11 of 28

QUOTE (LDS_forever)"Okay, I understand - Page 11 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Mar, 2006 - 6:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (28) »

?
Poll: Do You Think Bush is 'Right' In Decisions He Has Taken?
  Yes, 100% on the money       6.67%
  Yes, but only some crucial ones       20.00%
  Not really, good only on small decisions       20.00%
  No, he is making big mistakes       53.33%
Total Votes: 30
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What can we expect from Pres. Bush for the next four years?
George W. Bush - The Next Move Related Information to George W. Bush - The Next Move
27th Feb, 2006 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move - Page 11

My guess is that he will be looked at as one of the best presidents in US history because he went against traditional thinking and even his own party.

You mean, within the US right? I do not see that happening outside the US since there was and there is such a big opposition towards him and his leadership.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2006 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Move The Bush W George

Here is a listing (non comprehensive) of some of the accomplishments of George W Bush since he has been the President of the US. I'll let this list do the talking for me. Let's also keep in mind that no president or world leader has ever been completely loved by the world or by their own country for that matter, yet I am sure we can all list great leaders in history of the top of our heads:

By Executive Order (EO), reversed Clinton's policy of not requiring parental consent for abortions under the Medical Privacy Act

Supports the Defense of Marriage Act - and a Constitutional amendment saying marriage is between one man and one woman

Requires schools to have a zero-tolerance policy for classroom disruption (reintroducing discipline into classrooms).

Signed the Teacher Protection Act, which protects teachers from lawsuits related to student discipline

Expanded the role of faith-based and community organizations in after-school programs

Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history

Turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks

In process of permanently eliminating IRS marriage penalty

Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people

Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals

Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child

Make permanent the $5,000 adoption tax credit and provide $1 billion over five years to increase the credit to $10,000

Grant a complete tax exemption for prepaid or college tuition savings plans (I love this one)

Handled himself with enormous courage, dignity, grace, determination, and leadership in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 hijackings and anthrax attacks. He almost single-handedly held this country together during those searing days

Signed the No Child Left Behind Act, delivering the most dramatic education reforms in a generation (challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations).

Requires annual reading and math tests in grades three through eight

Requires school-by-school accountability report cards

Killed the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty

Executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom

Saddam Hussein is now in prison. His two murderous sons are dead. All but a handful of the regime's senior members were killed or captured.

Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed

Has been one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever hand in the U.S. presidency

Part of the coalition for an Israeli/Palestinian "Roadmap to Peace," along with Great Britain, Russia and the EU

Pushed through THREE raises for our military. Increased military pay by more than $1 billion a year

Signed the LARGEST nuclear arms reduction in world history with Russia

Earmarked at least 20 percent of the Defense procurement budget for next-generation weaponry

Increased defense research and development spending by at least $20 billion from fiscal 2002 to 2006

Challenged the United Nations to live up to their responsibilities and not become another League of Nations

Told the Congress and the world, "America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our country."

Improved government efficiency by putting hundreds of thousands of jobs put up for bid. This weakens public-sector unions and cuts undeserved pay raises

Since September 11, 2001, the Coast Guard has conducted more than 124,000 port security patrols, 13,000 air patrols, boarded more than 92,000 vessels, interdicted over 14,000 individuals attempting to enter the United States illegally, and created and maintained more than 90 Maritime Security Zones

Supports class action reform bill which limits lawyer fees so that more settlement money goes to victims

His leadership resulted in Republican gains in the House and Senate, solidifying Republican control of both houses of Congress and the presidency

Signed TWO bills into law that arm our pilots with handguns in the cockpit

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

27th Feb, 2006 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move History & Civil Business Politics

Let's also keep in mind that no president or world leader has ever been completely loved by the world or by their own country for that matter,

Very true, but since you said he will be remember as one of the best US presidents in history, I would really like to know if you are talking within the US or all around the world. Could you please specify? Thanks.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

27th Feb, 2006 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Move The Bush W George

I guess my answer to that question would be biased since I am a US citizen. My belief is that the US will look back at this administration and realize all the good things that were done and how it affected the country and the world. As for non-US citizens, it is difficult to say because of the contempt that most countries have for the US in general. It may be harder for them to admit later on that Bush was a good president.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

27th Feb, 2006 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Move The Bush W George

Okay, I understand now. For a moment I thought you was talking about the world in general and I could not conceive the idea based on the strong rejection towards Pres. Bush and its administration all over the world.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2006 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

George W. Bush - The Next Move

Breaking News

WASHINGTON (AP)- White House chief of staff Andy Card has resigned and will be replaced by budget director Josh Bolten, an administration official said Tuesday.
Ref. USAToday.com

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Mar, 2006 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush The Move - Page 11

This move really was not a shock with the rapid decline of Bush's ratings as a President. Plus with mid-term elections around the corner, it is imperative that the Republican party leader have a strong showing in the polls to help his fellow representatives who are up for re-election.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2006 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move
A Friend

George W. Bush The Move Politics Business Civil & History - Page 11

QUOTE (LDS_forever)
"Okay, I understand now. For a moment I thought you was talking about the world in general and I could not conceive the idea based on the strong rejection towards Pres. Bush and its administration all over the world."

Maybe not today but 10 - 20 years from now I do think he will be looked at as one of the greatest leaders ever. Its like a snowflake that hits a moutain and the next thing you know there is an avalanche. Facing terrorism is something no leader US or foreign has tried and he will be remembered for it.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Learn how to use the quote tag.

> TOPIC: George W. Bush - The Next Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,