Any Modders On This Board? - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE (Dubhdara)I am a little confused how - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 27th Apr, 2008 - 11:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 
25th Apr, 2008 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders On This Board? - Page 2

Thanks Krakyn - I'll keep everyone posted! The mod does contain some RPG aspects in that leaders can develop traits and pick up ancillaries (items, offices and followers)...of course the nature of the game is open-ended so do not expect it to follow the Book of Mormon. Having said that, I am placing an educational/historical aspect into it so that it will be inspiring and informative.

Artists, musicians and voice actors are welcome to contribute as well as anyone else who may think themselves of use.

I have passed on the web-site problem to another. Thx. However, no one has ever reported this before and it's been up for quite a while...

Rather off topic, but...
EDIT: Hmm..just realized this forum only allows editing of last post and not opening post which means an updated OP cannot be maintained...any ideas how to resolve this?

Reconcile Edited: dubhdara on 25th Apr, 2008 - 10:10pm

Sponsored Links:
26th Apr, 2008 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Board This Modders Any

QUOTE (Dubhdara)
However, no one has ever reported this before and it's been up for quite a while...

That's not because everyone is as interested in security. wink.gif I have my browser set to know what is going happen when surfing / opening a link before the site even opens, especially when it wants to install cookies when I have not signed up for anything.

Rather off topic, but...
What do you want to edit in your opening Post? I congratulate you on your game, however I am more interested in your knowledge, sorry to be selfish that way, but please do resume your doctrine and political Discussions, I miss those. Thanks.

26th Apr, 2008 - 9:23am / Post ID: #

Any Modders On This Board? Reviews RPG & Card Board

smile.gif Can you PM me (does this site have PMs?) what security you use so the web admin can test the issue?

Normally, when developing a game, research etc. a stickied opening post is maintained with all the information needed for people to know, inc. download links, updates etc.

Here's the Irish myth mod I created, for example: you will see that patches, and changelogs and links have all been added as the game developed from 1.0 to 1.1

Rather off topic, but...
I'll try and post as per your request but I'm busy with 3 heavy projects at the moment - this mod, trying to finish a novel, and proof-reading/critiquing a friend's manuscript of 60,000 words

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Linking to external sites is not allowed here and is considered a form of spamming. See Constructive Posting Policy.

27th Apr, 2008 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Board This Modders Any

Sorry, but what is a "Modder"? We are lacking a extra warrior in the medieval adventure care to join us?

27th Apr, 2008 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Board This Modders Any

A modder is someone who modifies a commercial game engine to either enhance or transform it to essentially another theme. In a sense it is much what a professional game software development team do after the hardcoding (engine) is done. Modders are - with some very rare exceptions - not paid for their work. They can legally distribute their work but may not charge for it. The game company benefits from this because the lifetime of their game is extended (players need to buy their game in order to play the modification of the game).

Some game companies provide software to help mod the game, with others (such as the one I am modding) it requires more involved work. Generally mods take about 1-3 years to develop into a playable game. Teams can vary from 1 or 2 people right up to a strong international team of 20-30. I have worked in both settings.

Like most modders, I do not even get time to play the mods I have made let alone joining an RPG biggrin.gif

Rather off topic, but...
I am a little confused how this site will be of any use in working to help build this mod if I cannot link to any other sites - perhaps I will just post when it is completed then. Suggestions?

27th Apr, 2008 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders On This Board?

Which Engine are you using? Is it based on the old Myth engine or something more advanced?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Apr, 2008 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders This Board - Page 2

As I believe I have mentioned above (and linked to), it is the Rome Total War - Barbarian Invasion 1.6 engine. This means that players of the mod would need to buy RTW Gold Edition (varies between 1.4 and 1.6 but a free patch can be downloaded to upgrade if you get a 1.4 version one) which is certainly less than £10 here (original price was about £50 when it came out).

Although Medieval 2 Total War uses an improved version it is essentially the same engine. So I am using the latest engine; the next is due for release later this year but that is too far away and will require a year or so to be researched before serious modding can begin on it.

27th Apr, 2008 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders This Board Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

QUOTE (Dubhdara)
I am a little confused how this site will be of any use in working to help build this mod if I cannot link to any other sites

Maybe you have not scanned the Read Me Thread within this Board or Posting Policy (you have not been here for years) I'm confused as to why you think this site is to be used towards helping you build the mod or any mod for that fact? This is place is for Discussion. You already posted two links stating your needs and it is supposed to be for review not recruiting. I appreciate that you are just looking for participants, but you already made that clear in your first set of Posts. If you are looking for advertising options then you will need to Upgrade. Therefore Persephone was correct in removing extra links.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Any Modders On This Board?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,