Do You Believe? - Page 2 of 2

When I was a kid I did, but one day some kids - Page 2 - Christmas - Posted: 5th Dec, 2007 - 11:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Do you believe in Santa Claus?
  Yes       26.67%
  No       33.33%
  Used to       40.00%
Total Votes: 15
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Do you believe in Santa Claus?
14th Dec, 2005 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Do You Believe? - Page 2

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 15-Dec 04, 6:04 PM)
No, I don't believe in Santa Claus and yes...call me bitter laugh.gif. I don't know, I used to like all those things but as the time goes by I lost a lot of interested in those things....My son recognises Santa from TV shows and things he learns from school, I have never taught him about Santa and I don't want to make a big deal about it either.

That is exactly how I've done things with my daughter. I didn't want to lie to her by saying "Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus" when I didn't personally believe it either. She knows that she gets gifts at Christmas because she is loved and that her family gives them to her. She knows of Santa Claus and knows it is a story just like the Three Little Pigs, etc. She goes to a very modern-thinking school and they include all different tales of the season this time of year. I really appreciate that. I also really dislike being in the store and hearing parents threatening their children that if they don't behave Santa won't bring them anything for Christmas. But, I'm sure that parenting issue of mine is a whole 'nother topic!

Reconcile Edited: NightVision on 14th Dec, 2005 - 1:59am

Sponsored Links:
18th Dec, 2005 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Believe Do

I did believe in Santa as a child, and my mother still leaves gifts for me from "Santa" under the tree each year smile.gif My daughter believes, even though I never told her specifically, she just picked it up from other kids, daycare, school, TV, etc. I've done my best to teach her of the true meaning of Christmas, why we celebrate it and what we celebrate.

I do believe in the "Santa Spirit of Christmas," where giving is what we do for others. It's not all about getting. We are spending extra time on this theme this year: "What are you GIVING for Christmas?" It's been pretty cool so far.

13th Dec, 2006 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Do You Believe? Christmas

I use to believe in Santa and love to pretend to believe still. It's just a lot of fun to believe in Santa, and I like fun.

How do you explain his ability to give all those gifts in one night?

Magic, of course.

5th Dec, 2007 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Believe Do

When I was a kid I did, but one day some kids made fun of me and then I stopped.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Do You Believe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,