Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime - Page 11 of 14

Another former LDS leader accused of fraud. - Page 11 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th May, 2010 - 2:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
9th Oct, 2009 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime - Page 11

Like I mentioned in one of these pages, you don't hear much about Mormons committing crimes (generally speaking) but when you do hear about them, oh boy, the most bloodiest and heinous crimes ever! This one was committed by a prospective missionary who believed to be the "destroying angel" and who commented in the past that one of the hardest commandments to follow was "Thou Shall No Kill".

international QUOTE
The aspiring Mormon missionary accused of cold-bloodedly hacking a New Hampshire mom to death saw himself as a "destroying angel," confided to friends he wanted to murder his father and once said the hardest commandment to obey was "Thou shalt not kill."

Nineteen-year-old Christopher Gribble now has friends wishing they had done more to intervene before he allegedly took a machete to Kimberly L. Cates, 42, and her 11-year-old daughter, Jaimie.

"He did say he hated his father and he wanted to kill him," said one friend, who requested anonymity. "I was thinking I should go to the police."

The friend said Gribble calmly explained his desire to slay his father and called himself a "destroying angel" during a conversation last year about his Mormon mission plans.

It is unclear whether Gribble was referring to a 19th century Utah lawman, Orrin Porter Rockwell, nicknamed 'the Destroying Angel of Mormondom," who was said to be as famous in the Wild West as Wyatt Earp.

The woman said she did not report Gribble to cops, but she recommended he seek counseling. Another person she knows urged him to get help from the Mormon church's social services arm.

Gribble, who was home-schooled, had been at odds with his parents and lived for months with a Nashua, N.H., family who took him in after he spent time living in his truck and showering at church, a confidant said. He was back home at the time of the grisly murder, and his friends described his father as a "great man."

In another disturbing episode, Gribble told a group of church members the commandment against murder was the most difficult to obey.

"He comes out and says the hardest commandment to keep is murder," said one person who was present when Gribble made the comment and requested anonymity. "You just don't want to think that your friend could ever do something like that. They say things about killing someone and you don't know they are going to do it. You just brush it off and hope he's going to get help. Really, we should have been calling the police...

Pictures: Source 7

Sponsored Links:
21st Oct, 2009 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

The teen who had a sexual relationship with a seminary teacher gave today details of the relationship. It is disturbing to say the least how this man manipulated this child. The most important parts are in bold:

international QUOTE
AMERICAN FORK -- A teenage girl took the witness stand Tuesday against a former LDS seminary principal accused of having sex with her at the end of the last school year.

Michael Pratt, 37, faces 21 felonies relating to the alleged sexual relationship. He arrived in court Tuesday for his preliminary hearing, and the first witness was his alleged victim.

Hear from the alleged victim who testified against her former seminary principal in court tonight on KSL 5 News at 10.

She is now 17 years old, but at the time of the alleged abuse she was 16 years old and finishing her junior year at Lone Peak High School. She described in detail how the relationship began and how it seemed to her, at the time, that she was in a romantic relationship.

The girl testified she first met Pratt in January, as she was transferring to a new seminary class, and the two began to talk frequently in his office.

She said Pratt summoned her out of class one day, and she then began going to his office instead of class each day. There, the two would talk about what she said was "life in general," calling him a good friend and someone she trusted.

The girl said the friendship continued until April 30, when she recorded, with her camera, Michael Pratt singing her a song in his office. She said he later told her he loved her

She described having an anxiety attack over the weekend and going to the hospital, and that Pratt later visited her at her aunt's house that night. At one point, she said he called her on her cell phone and said he had a fantasy of the two together, which was sexually explicit.

A few days later, the relationship turned sexual in Vivian Park in Provo Canyon. There were five more similar encounters over the next month, some occurring during school time. The girl even testified that one of those encounters happened on the roof of the seminary building.

The girl testified Pratt would give her the keys to his car at the seminary parking lot. She would hide in the backseat, and he would get in a few minutes later. Then when they reached the nearby LDS temple, she could get in the front seat.

Source 3

The lyrics of the song that this low life wrote to the teen in question:

international QUOTE
You are the sunlight, I am the moon
Joined by the gods of fortune
Spin the wheel see what we'll be

You are the one who sees me
The one who believes in all I can be
Not just for now, but for eternity

And all the things I believe are here right now
And if you'll open up your heart, he'll show you how

We both know that I just won't ever deserve the girl I'm with
Sometimes it makes me sick of who I can be

You are the sunlight, I am the moon
Joined by the gods of fortune
Spin the wheel see what we'll be

11th Nov, 2009 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime Studies Doctrine Mormon

Michael Pratt (the seminary teacher accused of having sexual encounters with his 16 years old student) plead not guilty to all charges. If he is convicted (as I think he will be, the evidence is overwhelming) will face life in prison.

Source 7

Also, other cases that I have found and that they weren't included here. The first one is the case of James Broom, a 62 years old grandfather accused of sexually abusing a 15 years old girl.

international QUOTE
A DEVOUT Christian has been jailed for sexually abusing a teenage girl.

Mormon James Broom was last week caged at Ayr Sheriff Court for 15 months for the attacks on his 15-year-old victim.

Now the grandfather faces being booted out of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

He has admitted lewd, libidinous and indecent practices towards the girl in his home in Mossblown, Ayrshire from October 2007 to February 2008.

Confession

Broom is a reformed alcoholic who has been sober for 30 years.

His abuse of the schoolgirl only came to light after he made a full confession to a senior church member.

His lawyer Matt Jackson said: "He is a deeply committed Christian and is a member of the church.

"He faces church proceedings which he expects may result in him being excommunicated.

"He is sorry for any harm he has caused."

Broom is considered at a high risk of re-offending.

Source 5

And one that happened in 2005 of a male Primary teacher who was sentenced to ONLY five years in prison after he was found guilty of sexually abusing girls ages 3 to 11 at different locations, one including Church. He was teaching primary along with his wife but he would touch the girls inappropriately while the wife was not around.

Source 8

15th Dec, 2009 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Page 11 Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

Is anyone of you following this case?

Source 1

The whole family are members of the Church, including the husband. His story just makes no sense to me.

22nd Dec, 2009 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

If I have to ask here how many of you would leave your kid to run and play with other kids at a Christmas party in Church, I would guess most would say yes but what about if in the most unexpected of places a child predator is looking at your child and takes the opportunity to sexually abuse him/her? You see, in the last days you MUST know where your child is at ALL times INCLUDING Church.

international QUOTE
PAYSON -- Payson police are looking for a man they believe assaulted two children and may have attempted to assault another. They're now warning residents to keep an eye on their children everywhere they go.

Investigators say these incidents are especially alarming because two of them happened at church. Payson resident Margene Nielsen belongs to the same LDS ward where two of the incidents happened.

"Letting him go to the restroom is very scary," Nielsen says. "I don't know what this world is coming to. It's very sad."

The first assault happened at a Dollar Tree store in Payson.

Police say last Wednesday at a Christmas party, the suspect followed an 8-year-old girl into a room where she was alone. He claimed the girl's mother wanted him to see if she had wet her pants.

"Then [he] proceeded to sexually assault her, more invasive than the first,"
says Payson police Lt. Bill Wright.

The first assault was at the Dollar Tree the night before. The man tried to gain the trust of two sisters who were around 7 years old. When they were away from a parent, he inappropriately touched one of them in the middle of the store.

"I think the right word is "predator.' He has so far targeted young girls," White says.

On Friday night at the same church, the man came in and asked a group if they wanted to go outside and make a snowman.

"One of the small children did take him up on that. The other children went and found adults and reported that to them," White says.

The 6-year-old boy walked in five minutes later and said he had not been assaulted.

Church members say their leaders have sent out letters and e-mails regarding these incidents. They want to remind people to keep a watchful eye on their children.

"They've asked that we just keep an adult with our youth whenever they are so that they're never alone," says Payson resident Shelley Jacklin.

Lydia Woolsey, who also lives in the area, says, "[It] makes you not want to let them outside to play or anything, or be by themselves at all."

10th Feb, 2010 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

This is one of the reasons I do not believe in sleepovers or slumber parties. I hope if he is guilty, they give him life sentence without the possibility of parole!

international QUOTE
FARR WEST, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A youth leader for an LDS ward in Weber County was arrested over child sex abuse allegations.

Weber County Sheriff's Office Captain Klint Anderson told ABC 4 News that 37-year-old Cory Clyde Campbell was arrested on three charges, all three are counts of sexual abuse of a child, which is a 2nd degree felony.

Anderson said the victims are all young women ranging in age from 14 to 15, and that one victim is a family member, and the other two are friends of the first victim.

Sheriff's officials believe there may be other victims.

Anderson says Campbell was involved in the Young Men's program in his Farr West LDS ward, and that one of the alleged offenses happened at his house during a slumber party at his home on Remuda Drive....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Mar, 2010 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime - Page 11

I always find suspicious when a person has an unusual interest in children. I am convinced most people would have thought about this guy as a great example (I made a little search) and found out he has 13 children (half of them adopted from third world countries) and he was also an LDS bishop for many years. And what he is? Nothing more than a pathetic pedophile.

I tell you folks, I do not trust my kids with ANYONE. They can tell me tomorrow "Elder such and such" of the Quorum of the....(insert here) would watch them and I will STILL not do it or fully trust no matter their position.

international QUOTE
HEBER CITY -- The co-founder of a Utah charity devoted to helping children in developing countries has been charged with multiple counts of child sexual abuse.

Charges against Lon Kennard

* 24 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, 1st-degree felony
    * 21 counts of sex exploitation of a minor, 2nd-degree felony
    * 1 count of forcible sex abuse, 2nd-degree felony
    * 1 count of tampering with witness or juror, 3rd-degree felony

Lon Harvey Kennard Sr. has been charged with 21 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, 24 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, one counts of forcible sex abuse and one count of witness or juror tampering...

8th May, 2010 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 11

Another former LDS leader accused of fraud. In this case for the amount of $17 million dollars.

international QUOTE
A Utah County man allegedly defrauded family, friends and fellow LDS Church members out of about $17 million in a deal in which he was to buy Texas oil refineries and an old paper mill that was to be dismantled and sold for scrap metal.

Dennis Lee Keating II, of Highland, entered into an agreement with the Securities and Exchange Commission to settle the allegations without admitting or denying them. And the licensed securities agent agreed to not violate securities laws and to not associate with any broker, dealer or investment adviser.

In addition, Keating will be assessed a penalty and required to give up his "ill-gotten gains."

"The entire fraud was $17 million and of that, he transferred ... $2.5 million to his own bank account," said Karen Matteson, an SEC attorney in Los Angeles.

The amount of any fine and repayment of funds will be determined by a you.S. District Court judge.

The civil complaint filed in Utah this week says Keating solicited $17.6 million from about 100 people, most of whom were in the Temecula, Calif., area, where he previously lived.

Keating told investors and potential investors numerous lies about how the investment, including that they would get their principal back in 90 to 180 days and would receive a return of up to 12 times the amount invested, the SEC says.

Matt Hammond, a Temecula resident, said he took equity out of his home to invest $85,000 with Keating. Hammond was a neighbor of Keating and both were members of the local ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

According to a bankruptcy filing in Texas, Keating was a former counselor in the bishopric of an LDS Church ward in Corona, Calif., and church members were among his investors...

+  « First of 14 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,