The Best Diet - Page 3 of 4

Diets never work from a long term perspective. - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Sep, 2008 - 3:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Which one is truly the best?
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2005 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

The Best Diet
A Friend

The Best Diet - Page 3

Of course the it is worth the effort to lose the weight. I'm sorry Smudge, but unless you have been very overweight, I don't think that you can understand what I was trying to say, and I don't think you have struggled with that. The battle to lose weight over and over again is nothing like washing your clothes. It is very easy to wash your clothes and it doesn't require much effort IMO. I don't know if you have any idea of the strength of heart, mind, and spirit to continue to lose weight over again. It is agonizing to endure, at least for me.

For one thing, unvulateing weight hurts your metabolism

I don't know what you mean by this. Do you mean fluctuating? If so, I agree with that. Anyway, I feel that unless I walk in someone else's shoes it really is hard to understand their experiences. Thanks for your post smudge.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2005 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Diet The

Yes, yes, I have never been on a diet but I know how much effort it takes by watching my family members who are. I wasn't trying to compare the effort but rather the process of doing something while knowing it will not stay for a long time.

Offtopic but,
My English teacher tricked us! Unvulate was a vocab word meaning fluctuate, and we have to use our vocab so much that it became part of my vocabulary. But the spellchecker didn't have it nor did any other dictionary I looked it up in shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--> </td></tr></table><!-- OFFTOPIC END --> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=
2nd Aug, 2005 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

The Best Diet Health & Special Psychology

Recently I saw a new advertising scheme that said they could "Trick the brain into thinking you are full" by use of a pull. Now unless you are upset I believe that it is all mental. You have to control yourself, so rather than seeking out a diet you may need to see why there is a need to 'medicate yourself with food'.

2nd Aug, 2005 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Diet The

I don't know if you can call it a diet, but one of the best practices of which I am aware is to refrain from eating or drinking anything but water after 7:00 in the evening. I don't know about you all, but when I eat after dinner, it is almost always high-fat, low-fiber food. I habitually snack in the wee hours of the morning - popcorn in front of a movie, fast food when I don't feel like cooking, leftover chocolate cake, etc. It's especially pervasive for night owls like myself.

Now, for the record, I do not follow this. My schedule is wacky, and I am skinny, and I don't take care of myself like I should. I just know that the principle is good, and that people I know and trust have lost weight this way.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2006 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Diet The

DIETING WAR STRATEGY: GIVE IN TO WIN

Dieting often is viewed as an epic battle between willpower and temptation.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/diet.fitnes...ness/index.html

Post Date: 4th May, 2006 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Best Diet

Successful weight loss involves 'mind over matter'

USA TODAY's story "Dieters are setting ambitious goals: Losing 29 pounds deemed unrealistic" was mostly on target (News, April 26). After complaining to my doctor about knee pain, his response was, "If you take that Cadillac body off of the Volkswagen frame, your knee won't hurt."
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060503/...smindovermatter

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2007 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

The Best Diet
A Friend

The Diet - Page 3

To answer this thread's question, there really is not a 'best' diet. Every single diet can not fit one person's body perfectly. All diets are different. To find the best one suited for you, it should be based on a trial and error process. One diet that has worked wonders for one person will not exactly yield the same return for you.

19th Sep, 2008 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

The Diet Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

Diets never work from a long term perspective. History has proven that time and again. Some diets are dangerous to follow long term. Atkins is one of them. Yes you lose weight but the reasons why you lose the weight is scary inb my opinion.

Several university studies that checked out the hundreds of diets concluded that none worked from a LONGTERM perspective, meaning keeping it off.

Since I actually assist people losing weight and keeping it off, I have some experience in this area. The above research study reffered to concluded that exercise and healthy balanced eating is the only system that works. We are talking about a life style here. A healthy balanced meal means cutting out a number of things from your life. Soda's, donuts, candy bars, toptarts, chips, sharply reduce things like bread, pasta, white rice etc. Increase vegetables, fruit, filtered water, walking etc. Smaller portions and eat more frequently. Most people will initially not even know what to cook because they have a lifetime of carbage eating behind them. Pretty sad. Many LDS believe they are living the W.O.W. but are 50-100 lbs overweight. Oh Really? The average american consumes 3800 cal per day and drinks 2 sodas each day. And then they are surprised they have type 2 diabetise. Wake up!

If we just add a lot more raw food into our daily meals like salads etc. More vegetables, some fruit, some exercise, it is amazing what your body will do for you. The engine will just drive longer, go further and needs a lot less repairs. God never makes trash. People do.

+  1 2 3 4 
> TOPIC: The Best Diet

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,