Your Favorite Movie Genre? - Page 2 of 16

I'd have to say that I'm an - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 12th Apr, 2005 - 12:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (16) »

?
Poll: What is your favorite genre?
  Action and Adventure       16.26%
  Anime and Animation       10.57%
  Comedy       10.57%
  Documentary       3.25%
  Drama       6.50%
  Horror       6.50%
  Musical       1.63%
  Romance       1.63%
  Sci Fi and Fantasy       34.96%
  Thrillers       5.69%
  Religious       2.44%
  Foreign film       0.00%
Total Votes: 123
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Top  Your Favorite Movie Genre Which movie genre fits you the best? What will you be willing to watch if your genre is not available? Which will you absolutely not watch?
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2005 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Movie Genre?
A Friend

Your Favorite Movie Genre? - Page 2

I love a good comedy, also. My life is so caught up in the responsibilities and all the mundane things that I really need a good laugh, when I get a rare moment to watch a movie. I saw Liar Liar on tv with Jim Carrey, and though some of it was crass, I was laughing so hard. It is still funny every time I see it. I think that's a good test of a comedy, is if you still laugh when you see it again. Mrs. Doubtfire, What About Bob, Parenthood, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Housesitter are among my favorites. I also really like Never Been Kissed.

Offtopic but,
According to an online report by the American Heart Association, laughter may have an influence on artery and heart disease. As further noted by Cinematherapy.com, an online website dedicated to promoting growth and healing through cinema, laughter not only promotes a healthy heart, it also strengthens the immune system and decreases stress hormones.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 11th Jan, 2005 - 10:18pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2005 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Genre Movie Favorite Your

While I prefer documentaries above all, I do like to intersperse them with comedies for some perspective. I don't often watch dramas on television, but my favorite TV shows are Monk and the DeadZone, both independant shows on the USA network. I really like Monk because I too have OCD, althoug medication does help quite a bit so I don't have it nearly to the extent he does, thank goodness. My favorite TV series of all time though is 'Who's line is it Anyway' simply because even when I watch a rerun of it I cannot help but laugh, and laughter is a very precious thing to me. And my 'guiilty pleasure' is Survivor, although I only started watching it when the had the season with Rupert in it, and I really love that guy! But now I am hooked on the show, laugh.gif! Can't stand other reality shows, though, particularly 'fear factor', simply because the eating part of the contests always grosses me out...if I want to see someone trying not to gag, and sometimes not always being successful, I would have continued doing what I did in the Army in civilian life and opted out of that one, thank you very much. Here is a breakdown of what are my personal favorite sitcoms of all time:

Who's line is it anyway?
MASH
Murphy Brown
NightCourt
Barney Miller

I like a lot of others too, like Everybody Loves Raymond, Mork and Mindy, All in the Family, and Happy Days, but those are my personal favorites.

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2005 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Your Favorite Movie Genre? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

We also love that show, Who's Line is it Anyway! It is so hilarious and we laugh so hard it feels like we're going to bust a gut! laugh.gif It is usually very clean, though the humor is geared more for adults in my opinion, and I would recommend it to just about anyone.

31st Jan, 2005 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Genre Movie Favorite Your

I voted for Action and Adventure because I am a huge fan of Vin Disel and I love all of the stunts and special effects.

31st Jan, 2005 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Genre Movie Favorite Your

I picked comedy, I do enjoy a good laugh. I am also a big fan of mysteries, thrillers and sci-fi. I have also been know to enjoy a horror flic every now and then.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2005 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

My Style is Anime and animation. Most people think Anime is childish but in truth it varies from in intellect from Child to adult, the biggest market being for young adults. It also covers all the above topics such as comedy, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, or even Action and Adventure.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2005 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Your Favorite Movie Genre - Page 2

I chose Scifi and Fantasy - wish I could have chosen at least three but I believe I chose correctly.

The original Star Wars trilogy is my ultimate favourite and I recently saw the trailer for Episode III Revenge of the Sith and got really excited. Anakin Skywalker really is my favourite character in the entire Star Wars Series with Han Solo coming in a close second.

Other than that give me part two of any trilogy The Road warrior, terminator II, Aliens - I loved the Alien Series as well and was one of the few in my group that actually enjoyed Alien V Predator.

My ultimate favourite movie is Silence of the lambs though and it's really wierd that Pretty Woman comes next followed by Shawshank Redemption HAH - ok I'm just wierd

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2005 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Your Favorite Movie Genre Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

I'd have to say that I'm an oddball, I would fit more into the action/sci-fi category that I just made up. haha. I like action and sci-fi equally, and always find myself flipping between channels. My favorites include Star Wars (all of them), Lord of the Rings, and Die Hard.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Your Favorite Movie Genre?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,