Could There Be Some Truth In It?

Could Truth It - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 8th Jan, 2005 - 7:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th Jan, 2005 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Matrix

The matrix presents the idea that the reality which we believe is the reality really is not. Do you believe that theory may actually be true? When I was younger, I used to toy with the idea of life being a computer game, or a dream of a bear which wakes at the end of life.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2005 - 7:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

It Truth Some There Could

The answer is simple. Ask your logic if you are in the Matrix right now and is you need more ask your heart. And if is still not enough ask me . A was programed to convince you that this is the real thing cool.gif

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2005 - 7:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Could There Be Some Truth In It? RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

If you mean do I think the matrix theory could be true for our lives, here on planet earth, no, I do not believe it. When I was growing up, I used to wonder with great anxiety just why in the world I was here and HOW did I get to be here. I feel that I have had those questions answered for me. Everywhere I look around me I see proof that there is a God- the wonder and beauty of the earth; the changing seasons, which can be compared to our different seasons of life; the calm, yet powerful ocean; the many variety of animals living here; the weather and its ability to provide all that we need (sun, moisture, wind) or to be very destructive; and most definitely us, complex and simple at the same time with incredible potential to grow and learn, becoming the magnificent beings that I believe God created us to be.

I believe that God has a purpose and plan in everything He does. It defies all reason and logic to think that God has created us and this world simply to provide a false reality. Why would He put so much effort, planning, attention to every detail, with every act done solely for our benefit and blessing, only to have this whole experience not count for anything? If God is all wise, all compassionate, all concerned, having a perfect love for us that we can't even begin to understand, he would not play games with our souls and our very lives. I also feel that each of us has a specific 'mission' for our lives and has been given something special that we can contribute to others. I don't believe that He would let all of that go to waste, what we've learned from our experiences and challenges and the choices we've made, especially on purpose.

Now I understand that all of this is my opinion and beliefs, so let me propose this to you. If this life were like the Matrix, I realize that we would have no way of determining that, but I totally believe and WANT to believe that there's more to life than just a false reality. So I guess give me the red pill. laugh.gif

This may be a more serious answer than you were looking for Smudge, but I felt compelled to post this here anyway. smile.gif

8th Jan, 2005 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

Matrix

As much as I like the concept of the Matrix movies, no, I do not think there is any truth in the theory as it relates to us. For anyone who believes in God, then there is no question that we are living in reality itself. Dawnofthenew made some very good comments that back up this statement.
As a geek, I like to theorize a lot about the concept of the Matrix, as can be seen in my posts here in the Matrix review board, but I know where fiction begins and reality ends.

8th Jan, 2005 - 7:19am / Post ID: #

Matrix

Of course I do not believe that we are in 'The Matrix,' as such. However, our vision and comprehension are quite limited regarding this life, what the actual purpose is, and the lasting consequences of every act. Some of us are content to wander through it from day to day, not looking to accomplish or become anything. That thought makes me ill, even with my severely limited vision of eternity. The great benefit of the concept of these movies is that they cause us to think outside the minutia of our information age, and consider the possibility that none of the wealth or the political puppetry or the exciting diversions have any lasting value - that they are not real. Indeed, in a long-term view, they are not real. What matters is who we decide to become, and what we are willing to do to get to that point.

> TOPIC: Could There Be Some Truth In It?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.