Who Thinks The Eagles Can Get To The Super Bowl?

Who Thinks Eagles Super Bowl - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 4th Feb, 2005 - 3:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Closed
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2005 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Philadelphia Eagles dominated the NFL all season losing one game. It is now the playoffs, you win or you go home. The Eagles have lost their star Wide Receiver Terrel Owens (T.O.). Many people now doubt they can be as successful without him. The Eagles have made it to the NFC Championship Game (game before the Super Bow) the past 3 seasons. THey have lost all 3 times. The pressure to win this game is immense, and they don't have their best player.

Does any one think that the Eagles can make it to the Super Bowl?

Sponsored Links:
12th Jan, 2005 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Bowl Super To Get Eagles Thinks Who

They probably have a good chance to get to the superbowl, but I am not sure they have really been tested this season to see what their chances of winning might be. All I read all season, was how terrible the entire NFC was this year. So, even though the eagles dominated the NFC, who knows if they are as good as any given team in the AFC. I am not saying they aren't. I am just saying, there wasn't a lot of competition to challenge them this year in the NFC so having won all but one may not be a big a deal as it would have been in the AFC.

12th Jan, 2005 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Who Thinks The Eagles Can Get To The Super Bowl? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

First, a correction to what tdot said. The Eagles didn't lost one game, they actually lost 3. Plus they lost 2 of their last 3 games of the season. That is what really started all the discussion about whether the Eagles were beatable or not. What we also have to take into consideration is that the last 2 games they lost, they could have afforded to lose as they had already wrapped up the Division, Conference and #1 seed in the playoffs. They didn't play a lot of their starters and so their second string team got beat in reality.
While they will be without Terrell Owens throughout the playoffs, they will still have their defense, and this I think is the key to whether they get far in the playoffs. This weekend will be a good test for them as they go up against a Vikings team that has a very potent offense. If they can limit the Vikings offense and beat them, then I think they have a very good chance of getting to the SuperBowl. With respect to the NFC Championship game and the pressure of having known that they lost the last 3 they went too; I don't think it will bother them that much. But that is too far in the future, and they really need to focus on this weekend's game against Minnesota.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that even if Philadelphia beat Minnesotta, which will be a good, fair game, I do not think they can beat Atlanta without Terell Owens. We saw a good example of life without T.O. for the Eagles in the Steelers game, wehere even though they had T.O. all game, he only had one reception for 10 yards. The Eagles lost 24-3. Although I do not think Atlanta is anything spectacular, especially with an inconsistent Michael Vick (who is overrated). Even if they do go to the Super Bowl, they have a slimer chance of winning than St. Louis does against Atlanta. Although anything is possible...maybe Ben Roethlisberger will have a tragic accident and break his leg, and Hines Ward and Plax were driving in the same car and each broke ribs...or not. Whether it's Indianappolis, the Patriots, the Jets, or the Steelers who meet them in the Super Bowl, they will most likely not come out with a big W. The Steelers will though. That's right, GO STEELERS!

4th Feb, 2005 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Well the Eagles finally made the SuperBowl after 4 tries! Now that they are here, it is another question whether they can win, especially against the heavily favored Patriots. This thread is now closed.

> TOPIC: Who Thinks The Eagles Can Get To The Super Bowl?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,