LDS Role-playing Games - Page 2 of 5

Yep. Too hard, and it highlights that apparently - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Mar, 2005 - 12:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
What do you think?
21st Jan, 2005 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games - Page 2

have to go on missionaries

On their backs? Maybe you meant on missions? wink.gif Well that is just it, I do not want to toy with sacred or spiritual things and make it a 'win' game. To me that would be sort of sacrilegious, hence my deliberation on what the score line should be based on.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jan, 2005 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Games Role-playing LDS

yeah - missions, you can see I'm not really into that. Oh, ok, so you do not want it to be religious? Well, then I'm out of ideas unless you make it the same as Medieval.

21st Jan, 2005 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games Studies Doctrine Mormon

How would players 'win'? Should we bring in a lot of the religious element or just enough to flavor the storyline?

First, I am all for an LDS RPG about the old times ...maybe set in the Book of Mormon time. How a player win? Hmmmm....maybe by answering or solving certain mysteries that can only be discovered by knowledge of the Book of Mormon.

24th Jan, 2005 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Games Role-playing LDS

It Has Started!

You will see a new RPG on the Board Index. The name of it is called 'Nephi RPG', and it will be based on the adventures of Nephi. You will have to 'earn' your right each step of the way in order to progress. yes, you will have to know about the Book of Mormon and other Doctrines in order to survive.

It will be based on a 'Plugged' style of play and will have it's own interface. Estimated completion time is not known, but there will be no access to the board until I am reasonably finished. I believe all Mormons will find this RPG very exciting even if they have never RPGed before.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2005 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games
A Friend

Games Role-playing LDS

Thanks so much for putting this together, JB. I for one am really looking forward to playing it and I hope it stretches my knowledge of the gospel. smile.gif Have you decided yet if there will be a winner, or will this be individual?

24th Jan, 2005 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games

It will be a bit of both. You have to qualify and then after passing certain stages you have to work as a group to get even further.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Mar, 2005 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games - Page 2

What happened to the players in this RPG... too difficult for them or are they realizing that their knowledge of the Book of Mormon is not as strong as they thought?

24th Mar, 2005 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Yep. Too hard, and it highlights that apparently some things I know, just ain't so.

I haven't been able to get past the first chapter yet. So far, I have been busy doing other things, so haven't gotten into doing the research to find the answers.

I will get there though. It is a good challenge.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: LDS Role-playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,