Global Nuclear Weapons Statistics - Page 2 of 2

That is the thing. If all countries would - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 4:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Global Nuclear Weapons Statistics
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Global Nuclear Weapons Statistics - Page 2

I don't know KN. I think it would cause more wars. If the United States gave up this advantage we would be in trouble in a conventional war versus China or Russia possibly. We haven't had a major war since nuclear weapons came in the scene. It is the ultimate deterrent.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:46pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Statistics Weapons Nuclear Global

There is always the possibility that giving up all nuclear weapons could cause more wars but I would think that more and more people getting together and exchanging ideas and technology we could devote more time and energy into leaving this rock and going out into the stars. I would hope that with all we have done and all we can do as a people of this world that we can find common ground and learn to live with each other peacefully.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Global Nuclear Weapons Statistics History & Civil Business Politics

I'm with Kyrroeth on this one. I say that because I believe someone would cheat. I say that because we are humans and the leader of some nation would cheat thinking another country would cheat. And then when he figures out that no one else cheated he'd figure, well I have all the power now.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Statistics Weapons Nuclear Global

That would be rather amusing in a somewhat morbid way. Everyone agrees to disarm. Everyone gets rid of enough nukes to look like they did, and then it just becomes an open secret for the next decade or so that everyone still has nukes.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Statistics Weapons Nuclear Global

That would be the tough part. If one country managed to keep some nukes when no one else did then its game over pretty much. That leader would realize the power they wielded at that point. They could do as they wished for the most part. I think you have it right Daishain. Every country would try to hold some back. It would be suicide to give all your nukes up unless everyone did.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That is the thing. If all countries would actaully give them up I think we could have better rerelationship with each other. But I guess we will always have countries who would try to one up the others. If most countries stood united even that one country while thinking it was bigger and more powerful with a banned weapon would find itself less powerful when others refused to trade or talk with them.
Yes I know this is far from a perfect world and great steps need to be taken to achieve a better world for all but I can always hope andpray that we someday live in a more peaceful world.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Global Nuclear Weapons Statistics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,