Can Identical Twins Feel Each Others Pain? - Page 2 of 4

Name: Carolyn Comments: I have an identical - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2009 - 7:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
10th Apr, 2006 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Can Identical Twins Feel Each Others Pain? - Page 2

I don't know for fact, this is just my own observation.

I have been a nanny in the past to 3 separate sets of identical twins (at separate times over the years)

The first twins that I looked after, didn't seem to have any feelings at the same time as each other, nor did the second pair of twins.They were always ill at separate times etc, and really were of different natures, and characters.

However, the last set of twins that I looked after, were the complete opposite to the description above, they were always ill together, when they were toddlers, one would fall over, and you could guarantee that less than 30 seconds later, the other had fallen over.
This sounds awful, but it was right down to identical toilet timings too!
It was a complete nightmare,the minute one brother had 'filled' his nappy, the other would follow suit! totally weird!
Of course they were double trouble when they were ill with the chicken pox etc, every time one had a temperature, the other had one too.They cut their teeth at the same time, same tooth etc too.
I suppose you could put this down to coincidence?-- I really don't know, but also, we have a male friend of the family who is an identical twin, he 'died' on the operating table a few years back, and was brought back to life. His identical twin lived miles away, and he too was rushed into hospital at the exact same time with chest pains, but he was found to be alright, and the Doctor's couldn't explain what the matter was with him.They aren't even that close as brothers either, never mind as identical twins!

As stated before, this is just from my observations, and I don't have an opinion on it one way or another.

Sponsored Links:
13th Apr, 2006 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Pain Others Feel Twins Identical Can

My husband is an identical twin. His behavior, as well as programs I have seen, seems to indicate there is a stronger bond among identical twins than among regular siblings. I think it would be very difficult to prove this, but it seems likely. My husband and his twin are very close. They have worked together since they were 18 year old, for about 30 years. They live within a block of each other, each with his own family. They finish each others sentences, and have many of the same thoughts. Except to someone who knows them very well, they are impossible to tell apart over the phone. Of course they are individuals but they are also very similar. Their children couldn't tell them apart until they were four or five years old. My husbands twin still enjoys tricking me over the phone, as often as he is able to. A less secure wife might be a little jealous of the relationship because in some ways it is even closer than a marriage, because of how similar they are. However, I have often thought I am glad my husband doesn't talk to me the way he talks to his twin. They are very competitive and don't hold anything back, if they have something to say to each other. They pick on each other, tease each other, and bicker with each other like children. It's funny in a way, but can get irritating if it's too extreme. Sometimes, if my husband is with his twin for a while, he forgets himself and starts ranting on me and I have to remind him that he can no longer say the first thing that pops into his head.

14th Apr, 2006 - 7:28am / Post ID: #

Can Identical Twins Feel Each Others Pain? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I don't believe twins can literally feel pain, but you have stronger feelings for someone you have grown up with your whole life.

If something happened to my twin I would feel in some ways it was happening to me. Not literally but more emotionally.

You also have to understand that being brought up in the same environment and sharing almost indentical genes naturally means you will have similar body language to your twin.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2007 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Pain Others Feel Twins Identical Can

Name: Megan

Comments: I am a twin, not identical. Me and my brother aren't much alike. Me and my sister shared a bedroom our entire lives. I don't have much intuition about her and we live 5 minutes from each other. But my twin brother lives in North Carolina and I'm in Florida and I know when he is upset or hurt. I will call him sometimes and ask if he's hurt and sure enough he will have sprain something or pulled something that day. So I do think twins have more of a connection then just growing up together.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2008 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Pain Others Feel Twins Identical Can

Name: Leeanne

Comments: Identical twins cannot feel each others pain, they may behave the same way to situations, that would explain the twins showing the same emotion to something.They do not have esp.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Can Identical Twins Feel Each Others Pain?

Name: Gabriella

Comments: my mom is a fraternal twin. So her brother and her live a good distance apart, and my uncle her brother just had brain surgery and my mom said she she could feel his pain when she was sleeping. Like all of her head was killing her and she had a bad headache and she saw her brother the next day and said he had been having the same exact pains too. Also, when she was sick he would be sick too. I never actually believed that whole twin thing was true but I can see now it is!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Feb, 2009 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Can Identical Twins Feel Others Pain - Page 2

I wonder if it can be based on a close connection while growing up rather than some unseen connection. It is no longer scientific if you strat to bring in religion or som farfetched idea.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2009 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Can Identical Twins Feel Others Pain Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Name: Carolyn

Comments: I have an identical twin and I can say that we do share some of the same pains. We got very sick one day but my twin sister Carolina got better and I did not. She told my mother to take me to the emergency room because she knew that something was very wrong. When we arrived at the emergency room I was looked at by a doctor. They ran some test and it was said that my appendix had burst and that I would be needing emergency surgery. The doctor said if my mother wouldn't have brought me in when she did I would've died the next day. I thank my sister for that everyday!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Can Identical Twins Feel Each Others Pain?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,