Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 3 of 6

Geenie, how come you call Camilla an adulteress - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th May, 2007 - 11:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Do you agree that Prince Charles and Camilla Parker make a better looking couple than Prince Charles and Diana did?
  Yes       25.00%
  No       75.00%
Total Votes: 4
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A statement on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II said: "The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that The Prince of Wales and Mrs. Parker Bowles are to marry. We have given them our warmest good wishes for their future together."
Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker Related Information to Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker
  • Britain - Culture & Tradition
  • Smoking in Britain - The 'Killer' Facts
  • Born in Britain? - Citizen or Subject?
  • Tony Blair
  • Post Date: 19th Mar, 2007 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 3

PRINCE CHARLES'S WIFE TO BECOME GRANDMOTHER

Prince Charles's wife Camilla is going to be a grandmother later this year.
    Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ma-camilla.html

Sponsored Links:
    5th May, 2007 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

I was always a big fan of Diana Spencer. She was so warm and charming whereas Prince Charles is so aloof. Diana went through a horrible ordeal having to tolerate Prince Charles' affair with Camilla.

Well Prince Charles finally got his wish and married Camilla. I think these two deserve each other! I don't think the Queen approves of Camilla though. As for the sons, I guess they are old and mature enough, to be tolerant of their new stepmother.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

8th May, 2007 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker History & Civil Business Politics

It's all good and well Charles bashing but lets not forget that Diana also had her own affairs. She also pulled out of most of her charity work when they separated and only later continued parts of it.

I think the media paint Diana as too much of an innocent angel in this whole affair. It is tragic that she died but let's drop the innocence tag. If Charles is happy with Camilla so be it. Leave the guy alone. It is not for anyone to say who he should be with. There is so much resentment towards Camilla because she is ugly while Diana was beautiful. I can bet you that if Diana wasn't pretty and Camilla was then we would be hearing a different story.

I think they should be allowed to enjoy their future together in peace and without public scrutiny.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

8th May, 2007 - 11:07am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

QUOTE (Archvic)
    There is so much resentment towards Camilla because she is ugly while Diana was beautiful.

spock.gif Where did they / you get that from? I have never thought about Diana as so beautiful, in fact I have always wondered why her 'beauty' was given so much attention since her features were actually very boyish in nature with her always above shoulder hair style adding to it. However, I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Keeping on track, this shows that love is not based on look. I think the Royal family have to be constantly scrutinized about the decisions they make and it often becomes overbearing and influential in the decisions they make. Charles probably never loved Diana, because like most things at that level - it was arranged.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th May, 2007 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

It's all good and well Charles bashing but lets not forget that Diana also had her own affairs. She also pulled out of most of her charity work when they separated and only later continued parts of it.

Prince Charles never loved Diana and the whole world knows it! Let us not forget that the only reason why Diana had her affairs too was because she was lonely and knew that Prince Charles did not love her. Also, to add insult to injury, the royal family was not very supportive towards Diana, in her "hour of need."

Diana chose to stop most of her charity work because of the constant media attention to her personal life. Pretending that everything was fine in her marriage and having to be scrutinized every single day by the media, began to take its toll on Diana! No wonder she had to stop her charity work. Who could blame her?

The following quotation from Funbikerchick, eloquently explains the reason why Prince Charles married Diana:

He used Diana as means to produce heirs and do his duty to the throne.

Note the words "used Diana;" I think that this is the worse possible reason to marry someone.

I think the media paint Diana as too much of an innocent angel in this whole affair.

I beg to differ. The media never portrayed Diana as an "innocent angel." I think they were fascinated by her grace, charm and dedication to her children. Not to mention her inner strength to endure her husband's infidelity in silence.

It is tragic that she died but let's drop the innocence tag. 

Yes it was quite tragic the way Diana died. I am not sure why you say 'let's drop the innocence tag" though. If Diana was not innocent, Prince Charles marrying Diana and continuing his affair with Camilla, makes him noble or innocent? I say neither. I am not justifying that Diana was a saint in the entire marriage but if Prince Charles was a loving and devoted husband, don't you think that this story would have ended differently? Do you believe that Diana would have had affairs if she was not neglected by her husband? No she would not.

If Charles is happy with Camilla so be it. Leave the guy alone.

If he is happy and wants to marry his mistress well why not? Everyone deserves a little bit of happiness including those without a conscience.

It is not for anyone to say who he should be with. There is so much resentment towards Camilla because she is ugly while Diana was beautiful. I can bet you that if Diana wasn't pretty and Camilla was then we would be hearing a different story.

I had to read this twice in order to assimilate what you just said. You do not seriously believe that this is why the world hates Camilla, because she is ugly? The world hates Camilla not for her looks but they will always remember her as an adulteress!

I think they should be allowed to enjoy their future together in peace and without public scrutiny.

I doubt that this would be possible. The whole world will never forget the way Diana touched their hearts and gracefully endured her pain over her spouse's infidelity. Camilla would always be regarded as instrumental for the demise of Prince Charles' marriage to Diana.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 9th May, 2007 - 4:34pm

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

24th May, 2007 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker

Let us not forget that the only reason why Diana had her affairs too was because she was lonely and knew that Prince Charles did not love her. Also, to add insult to injury, the royal family was not very supportive towards Diana, in her "hour of need."

So this makes it alright to betray the sanctity of marriage instead of trying to resolve their problems?

Diana chose to stop most of her charity work because of the constant media attention to her personal life. Pretending that everything was fine in her marriage and having to be scrutinized every single day by the media, began to take its toll on Diana! No wonder she had to stop her charity work. Who could blame her?

So now we blame the media? Do you think Diana did not know she would be scrutinised by the media when she CHOSE to marry Charles, or sign up to charity? Wouldn't all that extra media atention help her with her charity work? Do you know that Diana is from a very, very exclusive and rich family in England? She was exposed to the media well before Charles and was warned about such scrutiny well before she considered marrying him. She would also have been informed about Charles's affairs with Camilla.

Note the words "used Diana;" I think that this is the worse possible reason to marry someone.

With all due respect, I don't believe funbikerchick has ever met or asked Charles about his reasons for marrying Diana so I am not sure where she deduces such a claim.

The media never portrayed Diana as an "innocent angel." I think they were fascinated by her grace, charm and dedication to her children. Not to mention her inner strength to endure her husband's infidelity in silence.

I am not sure what media you are exposed too but I can tell you in Australia and England it was very much how I described it. Furthermore, what about her husband's strength to endure her infidelity? At least he had a previous history with his lover, Camilla wasn't some skanky payback love affair.

Do you believe that Diana would have had affairs if she was not neglected by her husband?

Yes. How on earth does your husband's activities justify your own? Just becos Charles was a cheater does that give Diana the right? I honestly believe it wouldn't have made a difference and I even question why she would endure such a high profile marriage and media scrutiny for a cheating bastard? I'll tell you why. Money + fame. She didn't love him because if she did she wouldn't have put up with his adultry. Would you stay with someone who you knew was in love with someone else from the start? I sure wouldn't. Nobody endures that for love. There are other reasons at play here.

If he is happy and wants to marry his mistress well why not? Everyone deserves a little bit of happiness including those without a conscience.

I don't care about Charles or any of the royals but I think this is a bit harsh and a touch feminist. Charles loved Camila BEFORE Diana. How does this make her his mistress?

I had to read this twice in order to assimilate what you just said. You do not seriously believe that this is why the world hates Camilla, because she is ugly? The world hates Camilla not for her looks but they will always remember her as an adulteress!

If Camilla was beautiful I think there would be a very different spin on her involvement with Charles. I am a journalist, I know this. The media, and especially Brits, love a fairy tale. Camilla is as much an adultress as Diana. That is the basic truth. Camila's previous husband cheated on her and she did so in a similar fashion to Diana with Hewitt.

The bottom line is that I don't care about any of these people but I hate it when everyone pretends Diana was some sort of saint. She wasn't. What pisses me off even more is that when Diana dies so did Mother Theresa, a REAL saint. She got 50 seconds on the news, Diana got the whole bloody day because the wider public care more about mindless celebrity than genuinely good people.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    25th May, 2007 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Prince Charles Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 3

So this makes it alright to betray the sanctity of marriage instead of trying to resolve their problems?

Are we referring to the same royal couple? Please correct me if I am wrong. Prince Charles was the one who had a relationship with Camilla before and after he got married to Diana. He chose to continue his affair with Camilla and you are preaching to me about "the sanctity of marriage?" Prince Charles was never interested in Diana, do you honestly think that he even cared about making an effort to resolve their problems? No! If he did, then Camilla would not even be in the picture!

So now we blame the media? Do you think Diana did not know she would be scrutinised by the media when she CHOSE to marry Charles, or sign up to charity? Wouldn't all that extra media atention help her with her charity work? Do you know that Diana is from a very, very exclusive and rich family in England? She was exposed to the media well before Charles and was warned about such scrutiny well before she considered marrying him. She would also have been informed about Charles's affairs with Camilla.

Yes I am certain that Diana was aware of the attention from the media. But I am sure with her family, the scrutiny of the media was not as intense as when she became a Princess. She did use the media for her charity work Arvhic. However, when your life is falling apart, all the things that were considered important to you, begin to fade whilst your problems become magnified. Not to mention, the media made it impossible for Diana to have any privacy. No one enjoys this kind of attention especially when your personal anguish is being broadcasted to the world, on a daily basis. Yes there is a possibility that Diana knew about Camilla. But please remember, Diana was very young and naive when she married Prince Charles. Perhaps she naively believed that once Prince Charles got married, he would settle down and eventually forget about Camilla.

With all due respect, I don't believe funbikerchick has ever met or asked Charles about his reasons for marrying Diana so I am not sure where she deduces such a claim.

This is where Funbikerchick got her information:

It has been widely reported that he didn't really want to marry Diana, but his father pretty much told him to "suck it up and do what was right and necessary in his position as heir to the throne." Not a quote, just a paraphrase.

Rather off topic, but...
    Remember that it was the Queen who grew tired of Diana's and Prince Charles' long estrangement and ordered both of them to get a divorce.

Never underestimate the power and influence of the royal family.

Furthermore, what about her husband's strength to endure her infidelity?

What about it indeed? Prince Charles couldn't careless about Princess Diana's affairs. Diana only had these affairs because she was lonely, received no support from the royal family and it was a desperate attempt, to get Prince Charles' attention. Unfortunately, it backfired on her. The only attention she gained was from the media!

At least he had a previous history with his lover, Camilla wasn't some skanky payback love affair.

Wait a minute! So Prince Charles had a previous "history" with Camilla and this makes his affair more acceptable than Diana's? Forgive me Arvhic but I keep forgetting that we live in an androcentric society, where the rules are specially tailored, to justify all the things that men do.

Yes. How on earth does your husband's activities justify your own? Just becos Charles was a cheater does that give Diana the right? I honestly believe it wouldn't have made a difference and I even question why she would endure such a high profile marriage and media scrutiny for a cheating bastard? I'll tell you why. Money + fame. She didn't love him because if she did she wouldn't have put up with his adultry. Would you stay with someone who you knew was in love with someone else from the start? I sure wouldn't. Nobody endures that for love. There are other reasons at play here.

If Prince Charles discontinued his relationship with Camilla, then this would have given Princess Diana peace of mind. I am sure of it! I am also certain that Princess Diana would not have chosen to turn to the arms of another man, if Prince Charles were more attentive to her needs.

I do not understand why you are saying that Princess Diana tolerated Prince Charles' affair for the sake of Money and Fame? Remember this:

Do you know that Diana is from a very, very exclusive and rich family in England?

Diana already has fame and fortune in her own right. Sorry Arvhic. That's not the reason why she chose to stay with Prince Charles. I believe somewhere in her naive mind, she had hoped and prayed that her husband would do the right thing and leave Camilla behind. On that note, I know many women who choose to stay with their spouses even though, they are fully aware of their extramarital affairs. (Mind you, I am not one of them. I am a happily married lady!) You will be amazed to learn why after you read the following:

1) Reluctant to divorce due to fear of being left alone.
    2) State of denial. Most women pretend that everything is fine in the marriage.
    3) Concerned about public opinion. They prefer to remain silent rather than become the latest gossip.
    4) Survival. They depend solely on their husband's money to maintain the family because they have no where else to go nor any other source of income.
    5) To protect the children's welfare. They do not wish their kids to be subjected to a messy and public divorce.
    6) Most women dismiss the affairs as a phase that will eventually die on its own.

Believe it or not, these are the reasons why some women choose to stay in a dysfunctional marriage.

I don't care about Charles or any of the royals but I think this is a bit harsh and a touch feminist. Charles loved Camila BEFORE Diana. How does this make her his mistress?

Yes I know that Prince Charles loved Camilla before Diana but Camilla chose the role of becoming his mistress after he married Diana! If you do not like Camilla being labelled as a mistress, we could always use the proper term: adulteress. Feminist? No! Harsh? Never! I thought as a journalist, you would understand the importance of presenting the cold, hard facts as they are.

If Camilla was beautiful I think there would be a very different spin on her involvement with Charles. I am a journalist, I know this. The media, and especially Brits, love a fairy tale. Camilla is as much an adultress as Diana. That is the basic truth.

I cannot comprehend why you insist that Camilla is not a favourite with the public because of her looks! She is an adulteress and that is the only reason why the world will not accept her. No one is saying that Diana is not an adulteress. Of course she is. Please remember that, Diana started off as struggling to be the perfect wife and Princess for her husband and the royal family. At least she had the decency to try to conceal her affairs from the public, whereas Prince Charles couldn't careless if the whole world knew about Camilla.

Camila's previous husband cheated on her and she did so in a similar fashion to Diana with Hewitt.

So if Camilla's spouse was unfaithful to her, this justifies her position to destroy Prince Charles' marriage?

The bottom line is that I don't care about any of these people but I hate it when everyone pretends Diana was some sort of saint. She wasn't. What pisses me off even more is that when Diana dies so did Mother Theresa, a REAL saint. She got 50 seconds on the news, Diana got the whole bloody day because the wider public care more about mindless celebrity than genuinely good people.

Arvhic we live in an imperfect world that is filled with double standards and twisted logic. Mother Theresa was a saint and no one will ever dare to dispute that. So why didn't she get the media coverage that she deserved like Princess Diana?

The media, and especially Brits, love a fairy tale.

You said it, not me!

We live in a society that regards the lives of the rich and famous to be a soap opera. We watch, we obsess, we cheer and ultimately forget that they are only human beings just like the rest of us. It is important to note that all the flaws of these "prominent people" are often magnified by the media and the rest of the world. It is lamentable that the world only remembers and acknowledges, the good that people do, after they are dead.

25th May, 2007 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Prince Charles Marry Lover Camilla Parker Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Geenie, how come you call Camilla an adulteress and not Diana? She was certainly an adulteress too. It does not matter the reason for her infidelities, she was having extra-marital affairs making her an adulteress. But based on your posts, you seem to justify her affairs because she was "lonely". I don't get it. Whether she did it because she was lonely or not is irrelevant. spock.gif

About the Media, Diana knew exactly what she was getting into when she married Charles, that's common sense. She could have ended the relationship at any time if she was so miserable but she didn't then it seems to me that she willingly put up with all the non-sense, her CHOICE.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,