Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 2 of 6

Update: Camilla Parker Bowles will, by law, - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2005 - 5:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Do you agree that Prince Charles and Camilla Parker make a better looking couple than Prince Charles and Diana did?
  Yes       25.00%
  No       75.00%
Total Votes: 4
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A statement on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II said: "The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that The Prince of Wales and Mrs. Parker Bowles are to marry. We have given them our warmest good wishes for their future together."
Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker Related Information to Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker
  • Britain - Culture & Tradition
  • Smoking in Britain - The 'Killer' Facts
  • Born in Britain? - Citizen or Subject?
  • Tony Blair
  • 11th Feb, 2005 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 2

The kids, while I am sure arent the greatest fans of Camilla, get to see their father stop living a continuous lie.

Actually all the reports I have seen indicate the kids really like Camilla. They recognize that she makes their father happy and they want him to be happy. Also, she apparently hasn't made any efforts to interfere in their lives. They all seem to get along quite well, including her children.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Sponsored Links:
    23rd Feb, 2005 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

From Foxnews.com

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,148379,00.html

Queen to Skip Charles' Civil Marriage

LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Tuesday that Queen Elizabeth II would not attend the civil marriage ceremony of her son Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles - but that her absence should not be interpreted as a snub

The story goes on to say that the Queen will attend a religious ceremony and the main reason for not attending the civil one was because it would draw attention. My opinion is that the royal family has always been about the glitz and glamor, so there is something to be said about the Queen not attending one ceremony over the other. It would seem she doesn't approve to some degree and this is her way of showing that. That's how I would interpret this article.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 23rd Feb, 2005 - 4:01am

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

23rd Feb, 2005 - 8:19am / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker History & Civil Business Politics

I look at her title of Princess Consort. That just does not ring "LOVE". However, I do not think that the Queen really disapproves of the marriage more than she just does not think of it in a really think of it in a "Royal" way.

To be honest, I think it is probably best that the whole thing is low key. If this had been a really big event, then the comparisons of Camilla versus Diana would be without mercy in the English Press. I think we all have in our minds that vision of a very young beautiful princess for a royal wedding. This really just is not fair to Camilla.

Offtopic but,
    Just wait until William gets married. Now that will be a extravaganza not to be beat!

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2005 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker
    A Friend

Page 2 Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

I think its time that the British people stop this unusual love affair with the royal family and focus our attention onto more pressing issues that our world faces. Really I think it may be time to get our priorities straight, I am amazed at the amount of talk and media coverage that this has had.

14th Mar, 2005 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

It isn't just the British who are fascinated by the royals. Many in the US (myself included) follow them as well. It is no different than how we follow movie stars, etc., except maybe they are supported with your tax dollars.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

14th Mar, 2005 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker

I heard that the Queen is not going to the civil ceremony neither the brothers of Charles. What is happening?. Are they upset about this whole thing?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    15th Mar, 2005 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Prince Charles Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 2

What I have heard is because Charles and Camilla want a low key event, they are staying away. If the Queen attends the ceremony, it will, in no way, be low key. They are attending the formal celebration afterwards, just not the actual ceremony.

22nd Mar, 2005 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

Prince Charles Marry Lover Camilla Parker Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Update: Camilla Parker Bowles will, by law, automatically become queen when Charles is crowned!

The article states,

While the public has come around to supporting the marriage, opinion polls still show strong opposition to Parker Bowles taking the title of queen.

But any attempt to change the rules to bow to popular sentiment would be exceedingly difficult: It would require not only a new law in Britain, but also legislative changes in 15 other nations where the British monarch is head of state.

It later adds,
    The Department for Constitutional Affairs confirmed that interpretation, saying legislation would be required to deny Parker Bowles the title of queen.

"I'm perfectly happy for the Prince of Wales to marry whoever he likes, but altering the constitution is parliament's business and this does require an alteration to the constitution," Mackinlay said.

"It shouldn't be done for one man and one man alone," he added.

This story just keeps making unexpected (for most of us) twists and turns. The story even implies that the way Prince Charles has worded some of his announcements has left doors open for him to change his mind (or to really say what he wants once he thinks the people can handle it) on other things- "After all, for years he had been saying he had "no plans" to marry Parker Bowles."

Who knows how this royal soap opera will end? I only hope it ends as happily as it can.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,