Reading The Code

Reading Code - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 28th Feb, 2005 - 1:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th Feb, 2005 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Reading The Code

Matrix

In all 3 movies, there are instances where operators, such as Tank and Link, can read the Matrix code and see what is going on in the Matrix. It makes you wonder how they learned to do this, and what exactly are they seeing. We know it is encoded, because of what Cypher tells Neo:

Neo: Is that -
Cypher: The Matrix? Yeah.
Neo: Do you always look at it encoded?
Cypher: Well you have to. The image translators work for the construct program. But there's way too much information to decode the Matrix. You get used to it. I, I don't even see the code. All I see is blonde, brunette, redhead. Hey, you eh, want a drink?

It would make sense that it's encoded for security reasons, but how can it be interpreted, and how did the Zionites figure out how to read it? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2005 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Code Reading

Matrix

Like everything else in the Matrix I feel most everything was foreordained if you like or layed out so that they would discover it. I believe this is all part of the wider challenge of perfection for the machines, but that is another topic of discussion. As far as the code - the most interesting part about it was in 'The Matrix' when Neo first spars with Morepheus - you will notice that there was a digital interpretation (although very poor) of them fighting so that the crew could see what was going on. I thought that was interesting and may have just been added to help the audience understand what they were seeing. I mention it because you do not see this ever again save for the code and maybe a map here and there.

27th Feb, 2005 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

Reading The Code RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

Something else that I wonder about is why there are always 3 screens showing the code. Why 3? Is there some symbolism or meaning behind this?
Also, it is impossible for the entire Matrix to be displayed on these monitors. So, what part of the Matrix are the operators looking at. If there are people who are jacked in at the time, eg Morpheus, Trinity, etc, then it would make sense to show the part of the Matrix where they are. However, when Niobe's ship was being brought online in Revolutions, and the operator inside the ship said something was wrong with the Matrix feed, there was no one from Zion currently plugged in. It was Smith taking over everyone and reconstructing the Matrix that made it look like that. Makes you wonder.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2005 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Reading The Code
A Friend

Code Reading

I think learning how to read the code was all part of the Architects ultimate plan. The Architect made it quite clear that everything had happened before and that Neo had change things this time around. I think that JB is correct in his assumption that this was all part of perfecting the system.

The code obviously could not be deciphered with the technology that is on the ships, so that means that Zion had better technology as exhibited by the operations center that was run through 3-d images of the plugged in operators. If they could figure out how to plug in, then they would know how to read the code since they could already hack it. To do that, you would have to have a piece of technology to figure out first.

I think they must have found a piece of the code in which they knew what it was, then used that to write a program to decipher the rest. The same thing is done with ancient writings, if you can figure out a little, you can use that info to translate the rest of the language. Is that possible with computer code? JB might be able to answer that better being a code lover himself.

> TOPIC: Reading The Code

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.