[camp] The Rescue - Page 58 of 63

OOC: My apologies for my absence. Beyond my - Page 58 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 23rd Jun, 2005 - 3:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 63 pgs.  54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62  ...Latest (63) »
Closed
Player Discussion
21st Jun, 2005 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

[camp] The Rescue - Page 58

I.C. "I agree the smell of the dead wolves may only draw more here. I could skin these wolves rather quickly though if you like. If you have a place in mind that will make a good camp I am all for it, I do not want to fight wolves all night long."

Sponsored Links:
21st Jun, 2005 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

Rescue camp

I agree that we should get quickly away from this place (mainly because the smell of blood will draw more wolfs here). I just got 2 questions: (1) is it good to travel with those torches lit - aren't they attract to much attention un our location? and (2) how will transport Kiro's body?

I.C.: Friends, let me skin those wolfs ... I'm a butcher, remember!

Offtopic but,
I got a little language/translation problem: if I understand right, butcher was 2 meanings:
- the guy who carves the meet
- the guy who carries out an execution
When I chose my skill I thought at the first meaning ... now which one am I?

Reconcile Edited: RaulDrake on 21st Jun, 2005 - 7:20pm

21st Jun, 2005 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

[camp] The Rescue RPG PBP Medieval World

I.C. "Wolves should stay away from a lit fire, I think..., I will put out the torch if everyone wants me too. If we have time let's skin these wolves quick and be off
"

Offtopic but,
By butcher I would think you would be the carver of meat, not an executioner

21st Jun, 2005 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 58 Rescue camp

You're right about thew fire ... my mistake.

Offtopic but,
Thanks for the clarification

21st Jun, 2005 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Rescue camp

IC: "I don't believe we have time to skin these things. We need to move - now. Ramer, help me put Kiro over my horse. First, let's wrap him in his own bedroll, to keep the blood off my saddle. Let's get going. Keep the torches lit until we have gotten to the edge of the forest. If the moon is bright enough, we should try to get an hour or two away.

"Also, everyone pick up a few branches as we go. There probably won't be much to burn out on the plains."

OCC: The GM has made it pretty clear that we shouldn't be here at all. I suggest we take that hint.

I am going to post in Party Order very soon, within the next half hour.

Offtopic but,
Yes, the butcher in a village would be the man who slaughters the animals, as well as prepare the cuts of meat. "Butcher" as executioner (of humans) would normally mean a person who likes to cold-bloodedly murder other people. For example, Hussein has been called "the Butcher of Baghdad" in some newspapers over the years.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 21st Jun, 2005 - 11:17pm

22nd Jun, 2005 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

[camp] The Rescue

I.C. "How much farther do you think we need to go? With no light we have no way of knowing where we are. It sounds like the wolves are far off, if we keep a cold camp and rotate a guard through the night we could at least get some cold rations and a little rest. With light in the morning we should be able to tell better where we are."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jun, 2005 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Rescue - Page 58

We are at the end of a very long day and we haven't had the chance to eat in a while, nor to rest. I think we should find a good camping place, eat something and rest in shifts: 10,30-11,45; 11,45-1; 1-2,15; 2,15-3,30; 3,30-4,45; 4,45-6. (Of course we don't have a watch, so this schedule is just a "guide") Since the most difficult shifts are the 4th and 5th I volunteer to do one myself. We should all wake up at 6, eat and resume out travel if nothing happens at night.

23rd Jun, 2005 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

[camp] Rescue World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 58

OOC: My apologies for my absence. Beyond my control.

IC: Sabina merely nods at her companions' suggestions for watch. She is more tired than she ought to be, she thinks, for such a little amount of work and travel. But she is ready to stand watch, as is her duty to the party, and then will look forward to decent night's sleep.

"I've a few doses of herbs, Sidraul. Once we find a camping place, I will be happy to share what I can to ease your wound," Sabina says quietly.

> TOPIC: [camp] The Rescue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,